Newbie Serpent looking for a bit of help!

Comments

• don't worry about it, feel free to continue pestering in game, I never have a problem answering questions if they're genuine.. and i haven't killed a newbie in ag... a week.. but they weren't Naga, so they don't count. 
  • edited March 2013
    Wish I could kill house novices when I was in the Serpent Lords... Been a whole lot of dead novices though or well a lot of true lock novices with stuttering...
  • I know, still fun to do snapping peoples backs and so forth.
  • Well, Akuji has only felt like she was going to be killed once, but past that, sticking to the straight and narrow, and hoping to even be a fraction of what @Jurixe is some day. I swear to God, she's become my new role model in life/Achaea.
  • edited March 2013
    Daeir said:
    You don't lose XP for dying in your city, just so you know. Executions are bonding experiences in Mhaldor.
    I just make sure to execute them outside the city.

\m/

(also, Red Square executions still cost xp, or did last time I checked anyway)

• Tael said:
    Daeir said:
    You don't lose XP for dying in your city, just so you know. Executions are bonding experiences in Mhaldor.

\m/
    Oh, so that's why you took us outside the city. D:
  • Koyuki said:

Tael said:
    Daeir said:

\m/
    Oh, so that's why you took us outside the city. D:
    Nah. I can resist the temptation to execute novices the first time I meet them.

Usually.

(There just isn't much in the way of appropriate places in Mhaldor for teaching novices since they're never allowed in house halls. Which, as I've said for years, is silly since it means no one ever uses the halls.)
  • I swear to God, @Vayne was going to kill me, even though Koyuki put on the tough face, every action made my hand twitch to my evade keybinding. Was scared. :<
  • Koyuki said:
    I swear to God, @Vayne was going to kill me, even though Koyuki put on the tough face, every action made my hand twitch to my evade keybinding. Was scared. :<
    You follow in the footsteps of greatness, child.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Daeir said:
    Vayne's a big puppydog, really. I sat in phase talking to myself while I was watching him have a pretty huge IG moment and he even waited until the whole thing was over before sigiling me out into a guardstack.
    There were two gods in the room, I figured they would have zapped you if they so chose! :P
  • Still, Yuki will become the ultimate Naga! D:
  • YueYue
    edited April 2013
    Arditi said:
    Yes, the Naga is an incredibly small house. Yes, we had pretty much the entire population leave. Yes, that Serpent alt you (not @Koyuki, but the random other person reading this post) made just to see what the hell happened has probably gone dormant and been purged. Yes, I'm vaguely bitter about being the only one on HWHO, even when phased.

I'm not even a full Naga, and I'm in awe at what she did just for the Dreadborn, I don't have any clue about what the full Naga have the chance to do. @Yue, @Daeir, you guys missed out. Sucks to be you.

I understand that it's probably incredibly tough to start out in a House where you're running around, trying to stay self-directed. The catch to it is that, hopefully, this is temporary. New people are the lifeblood of organizations, and with Mhaldor being the smallest city and the Naga as the smallest House, if you work hard and try to get involved, you're going to be noticed, you're going to get interacted with, and you're going to have fun. I wouldn't trade my interactions with any of the Naga for anything in Achaea.

Stick with it, despite the undercurrent of being alone. New people who want to learn and contribute will make any organization better, and frankly, you're kind of on the ground floor as far as rebuilding the Naga goes. You have an amazing opportunity if you want it, don't let the forums fill you up with doubts and misgivings because "lol Naga have two active people, join a real House".
    @Arditi - u mad bro ?

@Koyuki - I really fell in love with serpents and mhaldor once I started getting familiar with the RP. I remember reading CHELP SEVENTRUTHS and thinking I could RP the heck out of that! Then the Naga novice scrolls that talk about "finding your place" and stuff.... mmmmmm! I'm really glad people are still interested in the House because I thought it was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. Jurixe is great. It was no slight to the Naga when we left, even though some people seem to take it that way (*cough*arditi*cough*) anyway, good luck and have fun! :)
  • Naga combat sect what?
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Agravain said:
    Naga combat sect what?
    Apparently that's Tvistor and Antidas.
  • In the absence of a proper combat sect, default to anyone with a level 3 bow.
  • edited April 2013
    Better than 100%* of serpent house combat sects, I guess!

Forgot Jarrel quit Shadowsnakes
  • RIP Tvistor.
  • All of the serpent Houses receive a fair amount of criticism on these forums, but they each have very redeeming qualities. I would be comfortable having Corbeaux in any of them. The strengths and weaknesses vary, but they all have committed leadership and a strong RP focus.

(Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • Agravain said:

I'm going to hunt you down!
  • The Naga are the single best house in Mhaldor. You gotta put in your work, but once you do, you can literally do just about anything you want, because one of our tenets is 'the ends justify the means'.
  • I'm disagreeing with you because you failed to acknowledge that my team was the first to make all random picks a viable strategy in ranked platinum. 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    ranked games boring, everyone too serious.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • that's why we ALL RANDOM!!! :D:D:D
  • Iocun said:
    Agravain said:

I'm going to hunt you down!
    Join a real serpent house. You're a man. A man among many little girls simply running around in circles in the playground hoping that the man won't realise where he is, and they'll suddenly have to grow up very, very fast. 

Don't be that guy.
  • Real serpent houses are bad serpent houses by default, since people expect serpent stuff from them. And you can't really be covertly serpentine when everyone expects it from you!
  • Omg you guys. 21 notifications when I come on? -.-''
  • @Yue stop being a tryhard. @Mishgul wins everything. Also, @Koyuki, if you have any questions and you see me around, I may be a huge asshole, but I help my housemates.