Portrait of a Mhun

Comments

• Living in caves doesn't do too well for dental hygiene, apparently.

Neat lighting, though!
  • XerXer Langley
    Mhun Shaman I presume? I approve!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    Mhun Shaman I presume? I approve!
    Yep, shaman.
  • If only Shamans were actually that cool :/
  • XerXer Langley
    edited February 2013
    Now if only I could make myself act that terrifying IG D:

And Shaman's are that cool >.> Maybe a few classleads here and there
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Looks so cool! D: I was playing Mortal Kombat some time ago and this sort of reminds me of that. Am just waiting for a fatality. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• This makes me feel like my shaman alt isn't shaman enough. I am put to shame.
    Also, I like this a lot.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• I like his wiry build, and the fact that his lean musculature gives off that indication that he'd be a match in an arm-wrestling game.

Love it.

• edited February 2013
    Wittle Mhunsy wonsy wikes to pway with teddy bears.

• Now I wonder if Iocun has huge fingernails too.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Love it. It has hints of Bourassa's Aetolian version, but is decidedly more badass. For one, it's not a cat.

• Iocun said:
    Now I wonder if Iocun has huge fingernails too.

No wonder I keep getting nosebleeds when I pick my nose. And here I thought I was going to have psychic powers.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Who's the artist for this?

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    People can grow out or trim their fingernails. Maybe Mhun have stronger fingernails than other races due to their underground homes to help with digging and this Shaman just grew them out 'cause he likes to Vodun tickle people.

Gods know I do.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    That is so awesome.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Hi Xer. Cool picture of you.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Kresslack said:
    Who's the artist for this?
    All the new race pictures (the ones in achaea.com/gallery) are from Chris Bourassa, though sometimes with some sub-contractors who do the initial work that he then polishes or finishes.
  • edited February 2013
    I dearly want this painting to be interactive so I can plaster collage-style on the vodun doll the terribly-drawn face of my worst nemesis, with needles sticking out of it everywhere.
  • I like this as a picture of a presumably Mhaldorian shaman, bondage belts aside. But not really as racial artwork of a mhun. If there are any details that distinguish mhuns from humans, which has always been extremely vague, this portrait does not display them.

It doesn't help that the human art depicts someone who is also quite slender with pale skin and sunken eyes.
  • Relax, people. His fingernails are just "imperious".
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Bluntly, yeah, distinguishing mhun from tsol'aa from humans has been a weakness of Achaea. I am to blame for that. :(
  • Ohai @Xer
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • edited February 2013
    To me, I see Tsol'aa as being similar to elves, but without the pointy ears. Tall, slim but not 'skinny', elegant looking.

Mhun to me look dirtier (living in mines/underground), slightly smaller, skinnier. And either quite tan or quite pale.

This should be more of a case of distinguishing humans from mhun and tsol'aa. Humans should be able to look like all of the above. But a tsol'aa doesn't look like a mhun at all.
  • Love the attitude, but I can't help to think that THIS is what and occultist should look like (-minus the doll of 'curse').
  • That's not a Mhun... it's clearly Lord Voldemort.  And is it just me or does the doll look just like Daniel Radcliffe?

Anyway, scary as the Shaman looks... the noob's only carrying two health vials, so should be an easy kill!
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited February 2013
    Shamans/Jesters have longer fingernails for bleed.

You draw a sharp fingernail across the torso of the puppet.
    Puppet has 50 fashions!
    Goggo lets out a short scream as blood begins to pour from his abdomen.

Now I want to make clawed gloves.

• Hermaldo has to justify killing these guys...jeez!

Mhunna will be getting a visitor soon. -shudder-

• Sarapis said:
    Bluntly, yeah, distinguishing mhun from tsol'aa from humans has been a weakness of Achaea. I am to blame for that. :(
    Nah easy enough...

Tsol'aa: Snazzy, gracefull beings

Humans: Inbred bastard offsprings of the Aldar

Mhuns: Dirty Human castoffs that lives underground

See? Quite easy *grins*