Minor Traits contest

Comments

• Lightweight: never build tolerance to alcohol
    Fast Talker: can use SAY slightly more often
    Paranoid: can't keep gold in banks, but pickpocketing is slightly less effective

Also, Iocun's Linguistic Talent might best be implemented by putting a five-tier minimum on language comprehension (i.e. you comprehend every language at the maximum of your actual level of learning/five tiers - and learning occurs normally). That way learning isn't affected by the trait and you can't save the gold on learning the last five of every language while still getting perfect comprehension.

An actual increase of five learned tiers of comprehension is a potentially huge savings in language learning given the exponential costs, which seems a little much for a minor trait (particularly since there's been resistance to things that decrease the cost of language learning in the past). Might make sense to make it comprehension and production too if it were limited in this way, which seems like it might be easier to implement since I don't know if comprehension and production are separate in the code.
  • edited February 2013
    Religious - get a warning like 5 minutes before dawn/night comes

Stubborn - do not drop your gold when you die

Premonition - get a warning when someone appraises you (or tries to) ((this is more purposed against those weird people that comment on your underwear than against thieves))

Classy - worn things will not show up on appraise (or at least things that are not shown on 'look tesha' are not shown in appraise, such as underwear!)

Gentle soul - do not gain experience from killing players (hopefully also prevent them from losing experience) ((maybe lose less experience when you die to players, but this part might be abuseable))

Golgatha's bane - be teleported out of the Pit of Golgatha after 3(or however many) minutes (please?)

Motherly - forcibly feed those who are starving

Connections - receive a discount purchasing commodities

Teacher - when hunting with your protege, you gain less experience and they gain more (up until level 60 or so)

i'm a rebel

• Weatherman: The caves are no hindrance for predicting rain.

Simply put: Be able to FORECAST even when indoors.

• Curator - items in your bags/scabbards/belthooks of stasis now decay a further 15% slower.
    (does that sound like a reasonable percentage?)

Enunciation - Significantly clearer speech while drunk. Other effects of drunkenness are unchanged.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • It's already possible to move shrubs.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Some really great ideas flowing here, keep up the great work! We'll be wrapping this up at 23:59 GMT this monday, so you have about 28 hours from the time of this post to get your entries in.
  • Analyst - see who wrote letters

Fickle - remove the gold cost of naming pets, changing things about houses

Silent hands - add a chance to remove the third person line of you drawing/sheathing/wielding/unwielding

i'm a rebel

• Tael said:
    An actual increase of five learned tiers of comprehension is a potentially huge savings in language learning given the exponential costs, which seems a little much for a minor trait (particularly since there's been resistance to things that decrease the cost of language learning in the past).
    Yeah, and I'm one of those who have expressed this resistance to lowering the cost of learning languages too. That's the reason I wanted it to be comprehension-only, not speaking/writing. Nevertheless, I actually like your idea of a trait that gives basic ability (both comprehension and production) in every racial language, but without actually improving your proficiency in any language, much better. So +1 to that!

Tesha said:
    Gentle soul - do not gain experience from killing players (hopefully also prevent them from losing experience) ((maybe lose less experience when you die to players, but this part might be abuseable))
    I first really liked this, but then I realized that this too would be abusable, as this person would be asked all the time to kill friends and city mates as an easy way to let them recover willpower/endurance at no cost, or to kill their own team mates in group combat when they're close to death.
  • Nellaundra said:
    Hates to be touched: When someone moves to HUG you and they're not a friend or ally, they're stopped by sheer force of your hate for them.
    I like this, but I vote for it working on all the snuggly/kissy emotes, not just HUG, and that it not making an exception for allies, since ally status is more likely to be a practical game mechanic/combat issue rather than something indicating personal closeness. (My ally list permanently includes half the grove users in Eleusis, for instance.)
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2013
    Awan said:
    Nellaundra said:
    Hates to be touched: When someone moves to HUG you and they're not a friend or ally, they're stopped by sheer force of your hate for them.
    I like this, but I vote for it working on all the snuggly/kissy emotes, not just HUG, and that it not making an exception for allies, since ally status is more likely to be a practical game mechanic/combat issue rather than something indicating personal closeness. (My ally list permanently includes half the grove users in Eleusis, for instance.)

People could just write the emotes manually thought, to basically the same effect. Unless the trait blocks certain words when included alongside your name. Which would be a bit much, I think

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Hates to be touched: When someone moves to HUG you and they're not a friend or ally, they're stopped by sheer force of your hate for them.
    And licking. Make it stop licking
  • Antonius said:

Wysteria said:
    Maybe an edit to Airborne to actually grant proper stable flying like the lvl 50 Atavian trait
    This already exists as an artefact.
    Ring of flying + Brooch of the Tempest = for people who can't fly/aren't Atavians. I just figured it would be a little daft to have those that can racially fly not have stable flying like the old days. Making them purchase an artefact when there's a trait there is a bit, I don't know, counter intuitive?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Gem Collector - increased chance to find larger shards.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Has minor combat implications but... Networker - 5 more friend slots Clean freak - never get stench Insomniac - never get sleepy (useless after 80) Weight cutter - never get hungry Meditative - increased regen from meditating Deep sleeper - increased endurance regen from sleeping
  • Subside on Drink - drinking (alcoholic or not) quenches your hunger
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Clean freak already exists, no?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• So do improved endurance and will regen through sleeping/medding, and eliminating hunger/sleep is an artefact (Bracelet of Sustenance). Circle of friends is also an artefact.
    Kyrra said:
    Clean freak already exists, no?
    Oh so it does, couldn't check existing minor traits while dragonform.
  • TRAIT LIST ALL?
  • Beancounter: The command MY GOLD now shows you the total gold you have on your person tallied from every container.
    Tanaar said:
    TRAIT LIST ALL?
    doesn't work in dragon (dragons don't have traits)
  • Achilles said:
    Insomniac - never get sleepy (useless after 80)
    Weight cutter - never get hungry
    Bracelet of Sustenance: 550 credits
       - Wear this bracelet and you'll never need to sleep or eat again.
         (this acts exactly as though you were level 80+. It does not
          give immunity to hunger attacks).
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Trevize said:
    Achilles said:
    I broke them up for a reason, like how health and mana weaver are 60% of a mayan bracelet
  • Achilles said:
    Has minor combat implications but... Networker - 5 more friend slots Clean freak - never get stench Insomniac - never get sleepy (useless after 80) Weight cutter - never get hungry Meditative - increased regen from meditating Deep sleeper - increased endurance regen from sleeping
    There was an auction artefact a long time ago that provided 5 slots extra to friend and enemy lists, as I recall Lisbethae has it. I doubt the Networker option will be taken for that reason...
  • Achilles said:
    Tanaar said:
    TRAIT LIST ALL?
    doesn't work in dragon (dragons don't have traits)
    Yes it does, they're just all marked unavailable.
  • Achilles said:
    Trevize said:
    Achilles said:
    I broke them up for a reason, like how health and mana weaver are 60% of a mayan bracelet
    Makes sense. My main objection is it isn't like health/mana,  though, as they can stack with the artie. But it is giving up two trait slots for it, so may be viable.

Maybe also make it so they can't be chosen together? Grouped, or whatever.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    As the Crow Flies - Reduces balance time of flight by a small amount. (doesn't apply to rings.)

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
This discussion has been closed.