Lupus and Lorielan

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Lupus did phenomenal admin work and so much behind the scenes. I truly hope he's still around even if Lupus the god is out of commission.

I know I miss his presence around the UUC.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Draqoom said:
    Lupus though, I liked him and am sad to see him gone, but you guys got Gaia out of it and so far she seems like she'll be fantastic for Nature.

As far as the rest of the dead Gods go though, it was necessary. There were far too many overlaps of realms and now it's slimmer and feels better and more precise.
    I'm sure that for many of the Lupines, Gaia would be a poor fit. Gaia's ethos doesn't particularly cover the wolf pack and hunting interests of the Lupines at all. In contrast, I can see that former followers of Kastalia would feel well at home with Gaia.

Similarly with Lorielan, Agatheis and Kastalia gone, Who would one who's interests are knowledge, wisdom and exploration now choose to follow? Aurora perhaps? Only if both good and evangelical.

If @Draqoom has found a good fit for his interests then he is most fortunate, but for many of us the reduction in Divine realms and Order options has made finding a good fit far more difficult.

• Ognog said:
    Draqoom said:
    Lupus though, I liked him and am sad to see him gone, but you guys got Gaia out of it and so far she seems like she'll be fantastic for Nature.

As far as the rest of the dead Gods go though, it was necessary. There were far too many overlaps of realms and now it's slimmer and feels better and more precise.
    I'm sure that for many of the Lupines, Gaia would be a poor fit. Gaia's ethos doesn't particularly cover the wolf pack and hunting interests of the Lupines at all. In contrast, I can see that former followers of Kastalia would feel well at home with Gaia.

some other stuff
    So as a 'rogue' Infernal I can't join Gaia, and I can't really join Sartan and wouldn't want to, Prospero is gone, and most other Orders are ones I wouldn't be welcome in, or wouldn't have any desire in joining. Phaestus is great and all, but the order seems so blasé and pedestrian, plus involves pvp. Come back Lupus, there's a niche you can fill, just don't go near oakstone.

• Rispok said:
    Prospero is gone
    Prospero lives, doesn't He? He's still a part of the Pantheon.

• Tvistor said:
    Why did you disagree with Keresis coming back :(
    It's revenge, thereby best serving Her.
  • Ognog said:

Rispok said:
    Prospero is gone
    Prospero lives, doesn't He? He's still a part of the Pantheon.
    If you consider one now-dormant orderhead who demanded mudsex in return for membership, then yes. Plus one other guy.
  • Soooo. Prospero's Order is going great guns then?

• Phaestus's Order.... blaise and pedestrian?
  • Phaestus's order seems awesome, from what I've seen of their beer waterslides and and rum-flavored icecream.
  • Don't forget the drunk male dwarves running around dressed as harem girls for His amusement.
  • Scarlatti said:
    Spoiler alert for 2013: Eris returns.

I have no human words for the reaction I'm feeling, but this message shows a brief glimpse:

• As a Lupine, I feel certain that the previous player that was in the Lupus role is still around. After all, the Crafting section of the game hasn't gone to complete hell in a hand basket. I know He looked after a lot of the behind the scenes things, and I feel that He still does, no matter which account he logs into. I hope He knows we still appreciate His efforts, especially after ~10 years of dedication.

While I have personally experienced some ups and downs emotionally with the removal of one Divine I was so set against as a character, and another Divine I was pursuing so admittedly, I think I have lasted through the transition stage. I've refocused my character on the Merchants, and have really been striving to make newcomers and old-timers feel welcome and appreciated.

While I would love to see the Lupus role re-filled, I know it could never be the same as the previous player. I know that the years I have put into my character and his relationship with that Divine would mean diddly. But I still hope that it would be as badass and fun for those involved, as much as it was for me when I was able to interact with Lupus.
  • edited February 2013
    Scarlatti said:
    You're just teasing us, aren't you  :^o

You can't be drawn into a serious comment, can you @Scarlatti ? About Lupus? About Lorielan?

What's a froggy got to do to get some Divine attention? I'm far too shy to post a picture, @Cooper style!

• Scarlatti said:
    Eris is going to be mightily pissed about what happened to Her pyramid!

• Mishgul said:
    Finchy, you are a paragon of british men.
    u wot m8

• Good to know Crafting is doing okay. I haven't submitted anything since the change, the demise/dormancy of the Gods happened a little before I became active ingame again. The news about Lupus made me :(
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I like how Lorielan pulled a Rorschach:

• I think I'm finally beginning to understand the Pantheon. They are actually like the Men In Black. They could tell us what's planned for Lorielan and Lupus (or maybe they already have?), but then they would have to neuralize us all.

You see, joining the Pantheon is just like joining MIB. "From now on, you'll have no identifying marks of any kind. You'll not stand out in any way. Your entire image is crafted to leave no lasting memory with anyone you encounter. You're a rumor, recognizable only as déjà vu and dismissed just as quickly. You don't exist. You were never even born. Anonymity is your name, silence your native tongue. You're no longer part of the system. You are above the System. Over it. Beyond it."

• Silas said:
    Draqoom said:
    I dunno, I miss Matsuhama.
    Draqoom has a reason to be most pleased with this one leaving. OOC though I kind of was torn with seeing him leave or having him stay. I can appreciate a god of Combat, but I kind of always thought the god of War should cover that area as well.

• Kresslack said:
    I like how Lorielan pulled a Rorschach:
    No way, man. Lorielan pulled a Lorielan, as anyone who created an ill-advised thread to the Golden Dais can attest.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Silas said:
    Their realms were very distinctly different, though, and I really liked what I saw of the direction of the last Mats re: immortality.

Also, legends. RIP Matsuhama. ;_;

• edited February 2013
    I don't think that it was so much that god's roles overlapped (though there were certainly instances of it) as much as there were just too many cool roles to keep them all filled. There were a whole bunch in the now-dead lot that could have had unique and engaging orders had they come back (as most of them were dormant), but that didn't mean that having all those roles and so many others unfilled was good for the game.

I think we all have some that we'll miss, though.

and actually on the title topic: I think that Lorielan could be a cool passive event driver, but I also think that a neutral knowledge-based order could be a neat addition to the world, especially with the god having so much backstory. Either way, I do hope we see more of her.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Not all the gods killed off were inactive. -_-
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited February 2013
    And there are inactive Gods who stuck around. One of them, I think, doesn't even have shrines (edit) in public.
  • @Iocun: Intent-wise, I think it's more that orders were staying too small thanks to the wealth of options available. They needed a place to start trimming, and they started with 1) factional extras (consolidate, consolidate) and 2) redundant or ambiguous neutrals.

There is a third category, "so omnipotent as to form a writing roadblock," but those tended not to have orders.