Lupus and Lorielan

Many things are discussed behind the iron veil of the Pantheon that we mere mortals will never know about, and should never know about. But if there's one thing I would dearly love a glimpse of it would be the future of Lupus and Lorielan. Many Gods fell to Bal'met's rage, and it seems clear that those Gods won't be reappearing in the foreseeable future. Yet Lupus and Lorielan linger on, Orderless and apparently dormant. I can't help but wonder if the people behind these who contributed so much have retired or are merely taking a break. Perhaps there are Celani who are being groomed for these roles as I write.

Wouldn't you love to know?

Comments

• What you say makes perfect sense to me, Iocun, yet I just can't bring myself to hit the "Like" button.
    =((

• This post makes me sad too. I think the answer is no, wait 3-4 years if you're lucky
  • edited February 2013
  • @Silas so true.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Hopefully Lupus won't be as useless as he was before he got ganked.

Sorry Lupines. Not the bows, bows can - themselves.

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • Wasn't the person behind Lupus mostly involved in admin like stuff? Could be he (or she) just used the event as an excuse for not having to deal with more ic focused stuff
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I want Twilight back. :(
  • I want Apollyon back.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Jiraishin said:
    I want Apollyon back.
    Let's push for an event where T comes back and resunders Sartan.
  • Yeah, this latest reunion tour is not all it cracked up to be.

• One day, Lupus will wake up, Selene in a shower, and he will get out of bed and go to the shower.  It will dawn on him that she's not dead and he's not in a coma and all the gods are still alive.  It was all just a dream.
  • Goggo said:
    Lupus was one of the most active gods Achaea ever had, talking about him as "useless" only denotes your ignorance.

Well true. I'm speaking about my entire experience with Lupus as a Forestal Divine. Every time the forests were in trouble, we had a resounding silence from the Divine head of Oakstone.

Although, big props to him if he does lots of stuff behind the scenes, and I take my comment back.

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • Not that I'd know. Because I wouldn't know. But if I didn't know that I didn't know, I might have the personal opinion that if there's demand and there's interest any role in any format COULD come back/be made to happen. Silas got it right, but I wanted to say something too, because I like saying things that make sense and pretending I said them first and/or better.

Short answer: image

• Lorielan, in her present mindset, could stage Battle of Nishnatoba Part 2, because she appears to be of the same mindset now as in Battle of Nishnatoba Part 1.

All-year combat, heroic feats, and the possibility of total annihilation. Who could resist?
  • edited February 2013
    It's difficult to know with any confidence what mindset Lorielan is in, given that She uttered but a single syllable.
    She could have abandoned Her Order and Shallam for any number of reasons, and Her denizen servants haven't always been the most reliable sources of information.

• edited February 2013
    She clearly thinks we Sapience-people aren't transparent enough.

Lorielan is such an opacity hater.
  • We're just not crystalline enough

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Finchy, you are a paragon of british men.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Why did you disagree with Keresis coming back :(
  • Maybe they disagreed that you can change  =))

• If we keep posting in this thread, can we have our Divine back?
  • To me Lorielan never made much sense, especially as one of the Good deities. She straight up hates Humans and her history has her trying to usurp the throne and enslave humankind. Yeah she was forgiven, but she should've always been an NPC event maker like Slith.

Lupus though, I liked him and am sad to see him gone, but you guys got Gaia out of it and so far she seems like she'll be fantastic for Nature.

As far as the rest of the dead Gods go though, it was necessary. There were far too many overlaps of realms and now it's slimmer and feels better and more precise.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    because of cats

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae