New Auctions

Comments

• I would suggest that forcing someone to morph their weapon would be unfair, but people can still force puppet concussion, so nevermind.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I figure the morphing weapons are more for RP coolness, or for someone that switches class often, more than for someone who would want to switch weapons mid-fight. No more trading in your level 3 weapon when you change classes, just alter it to something you can still make use of.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Or they're a bet that multi-classing will go in someday. ;)
  • Sarapis said:
    Or they're a bet that multi-classing will go in someday. ;)
    You heard the boss. It's official.

Serpent-monk, here I come!
  • Rispok said:
    @Qwindor makes a salient point why the Humgii is the best item for auction...

I am infact watching this film as I glance at this thread... get out of my head
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Horatio aside, the clasp owners are people with miniscule families...
  • That's fine, though. It doesn't hide you from other people's bloodlines, so a small bloodline is more effective at removing you. (Doubly so if it's a small bloodline full of dormant people.)
  • I have to say, massive props for the second round of auctions, and thank you for making awesome unique things gold-only auctions.  This trend really should be carried into the next auctions (though consider, for ones that have duplicates, putting some for credits and some for gold).  Overall though, great show, and thanks for listening to the players.
  • ANNOUNCE NEWS #3780
    Date: 2/7/2013 at 0:02
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: New Auctions
    Based to the feedback garnered from Achaea's forums, we're pleased to
    announce another series of auctions! Check out the massive list of new
    prizes (32!) with the AUCTIONS command, and don't forget to read HELP
    AUCTIONS on how to place your bids.
    These auctions will close in 4 days, and bidding will close just after
    the Serenade (00:00 GMT) on Sunday night/Monday morning.
    Happy bidding!

Penned by My hand on the 14th of Glacian, in the year 617 AF.
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3782
    Date: 2/10/2013 at 4:01
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Auctions
    Just a quick reminder that our current auctions will be ending at the
    Serenade tomorrow! (00:00 GMT, 7pm EST, 3pm PST)

When it actually ended: 23 minutes before 00:00.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Am I mistaken or did two of those clasps go to people of the same family?

Congratulations to the winners. :)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Unfortunately, auctions run on in-game days (with the time left listed in the AUCTIONS output), so there are some slight variances with these as we load changes to the game and other miscellaneous factors. As a result, this ended the auction a little earlier than the estimated time, and we apologise to those hoping to get a last minute bid in. In the future, we'll make this clearer in the ANNOUNCE news, but we also recommend keeping a close eye on the time left as listed on the auctions themselves.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    They generally end around the Serenade for the day.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

edited February 2013
    Yep, when we timed them out (in IC days/RL hours), they -should- have ended 4 days after they started, so would have been about 00:02 GMT, but as mentioned, this does change (as witnessed by the DATE command's fluctuations in-game). It wasn't our intention for them to end early, and we were as surprised/annoyed as everyone when the close messages came in (especially after I did say that they should end at the serenade). 

So I do whole-heartedly apologise for the mix-up, it was not what we wanted either!
  • edited February 2013
    So uhh... fix the date code?? Surely you guys can afford more/better programmers!
    We'll be fixing it up for next time! Unfortunately, it is too late for this round of auctions.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Yay, shop.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Congratulations to the winners. Makes me feel really optimistic about the future of Achaea that so many are willing to invest.

• When you're talking about thousands of dollars worth or IRL money spent, "sorry, we'll fix it next time" is not really acceptable.

• Not winning an auction is not the same as losing an investment.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sohl said:
    Not winning an auction is not the same as losing an investment.
    Possibly, I heard quite a few people bought credits and sold them for gold and are now stuck with an unexpected amount of gold.
  • Sohl said:
    Not winning an auction is not the same as losing an investment.
    Except the people who bought credits specifically to sell them for gold or to bid on an auction they wanted, and did not get to bid due to the auction ending early.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Jeez Cooper, you're bitching like you didn't win.

Just because people are willing to buy credits with IRL money to have credits or gold for an in game auction doesn't necessarily make them automatically win the game.

Maybe it's the excitement of the auction or you really want something badly enough to make that last minute purchase, you're still ultimately responsible for making that decision regardless of whether the auction ended when it was supposed to.

Looks like people are never happy whether they win or lose. :)

• I'm also a little bitter that they changed what the weapons could turn into after I put in my bid. "All melee weapons" to "only melee weapons that we pick" is pretty ridiculous.