Minecraft

Comments

• This new launcher is so cool!
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    makes updating easier, @Averi, just be sure to install Rei's minimap too. And when there's an update, temporarily move rei's minimap out of the folder, do the update, move rei's minimap back, just so you don't lose the config files and the mod for it
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited February 2015
    I find Journeymap a better alternative to Rei's/Voxel. Doesn't work on 1.8 is the only thing. :/

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Arghh I have so much stuff on my ME disks to port over. I moved my machines over but not my saplings yet, zzzz
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Config files don't change for updates. Just have a copy of rei's in a folder above  the mineachaea folder. That's where I put MapWriter and DamageIndicators.

After an update, close the game, move them back into the mods folder (no config change necessary), launch game.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Jarrod said:
    Config files don't change for updates. Just have a copy of rei's in a folder above  the mineachaea folder. That's where I put MapWriter and DamageIndicators.

After an update, close the game, move them back into the mods folder (no config change necessary), launch game.
    I meant that JourneyMap hasn't been updated and isn't compatible with 1.8. It has become my favourite map mod. 

• I meant that just in terms of having to replace configs after an update, no need to do that.

Best map combo is MapWriter's large map and Voxel's minimap (for its amazing radar), but now Voxel is a LiteLoader only mod which is dumb.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

edited February 2015
    Jarrod said:
    I meant that just in terms of having to replace configs after an update, no need to do that.

Best map combo is MapWriter's large map and Voxel's minimap (for its amazing radar), but now Voxel is a LiteLoader only mod which is dumb.
    Yeah, I don't replace the configs. And agreed that LiteLoader is dumb. Can't use it with SUES Shaders, which is disappointing at best.

Time to download MapWriters.

• Its minimap is alright, but its waypoint system leaves a little to be desired. I'm running it by itself right now (I don't use many waypoints anyways).

Its main benefit is the really good large-map. It generates/refreshes as you move around, and you can at any point pull up the entire map you've explored.

Tip: It's a little old, if you've explored a new area on a server and are done for the day, logout, reconnect, logout again and close MC. This prevents the occasional problem of the new areas  not being saved on the map.

• Sounds just like journeymap, tbh. Although, journey has a decent minimap so far as I can tell.

Jarrod said:
    Its main benefit is the really good large-map. It generates/refreshes as you move around, and you can at any point pull up the entire map you've explored.
    That's the part I really like, having the option to record the areas you've explored and then pull up a reference.

I leave for a few minutes to get something to drink, and return to these sort of shenanigans.

edited March 2015
    @Azzad I am now a true void mage. ( @Amarillys )

• As most people know, I ... do like to build in MC. So here's my latest build in the current map. The whole idea was based off of Isengard, the gardens and Orthanc. But it turned out a bit wonky so I will just call it my tower lol. Here are a couple pics of it kinda finished now.

• Im setting up Minecraft again... Is there still a whitelist? Username zukomonk
  • edited April 2015
    I uh.. may have turned the nether into antartica.

I am totally sorry, I had no idea such a cheap spell would reach so far :(
  • Do you guys still play? Is the server still up? I'm not great at Minecraft but at least this may give me something to do when I'm not up to playing Achaea. :open_mouth: 
    @Aquil, we shall now begin the ritual of thrice-invoking the almighty @Kazu
    @Kazu @Kazu @Kazu

• Azzad, Tharvis, Sheltan and myself are pretty regular there.
  • Managed to get back on forums at last. @Aquil toss me your username and it's a done deal.

• I'm happy to announce the return of Mineachaea! New modpack and such built around technology (at least until the server lease runs out).

I've already updated the old modpack through the launcher and put together the new mods and all. Everyone from the vanilla thread or old server is still whitelisted.

Things to note:

1. Quarries are enabled, but you have to be in render distance for them to work.
    2. Quarries are single use. You put it down, you can't pick it up.
    3. Quantum armor is now allowed
    4. If you use a quarry, cover the hole with a couple of layers when done.
    5. Chunk loaders are not included and probably won't be.
    6. Do not turn fast math on through optifine video settings. It causes explosions of death.
    7. Do not leave a reactorcraft reactor running while you log off. It will meltdown.
    8. Buildcraft engines will explode if they overheat.
    9. food is extremely important. I recommend working together at the start to build a base farm, then expand out.

Installation Instructions:

1. Check your java version. You -need- a 64 bit version. Download one here 
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    2. Install the technic launcher. Here:
    http://www.technicpack.net/
    3. Once installed and logged in, move to the modpacks tab and type Mineachaea in the search box on the top left.
    4. Click install and wait for it to install.
    5. Now click play in the bottom right. The server should already be listen on your multiplayer section once it loads.

Other notes:
    1. You need to adjusts the amount of ram MC can use through the launcher. Staring on the modpacks tab, click launcher options in the top right and then go to java settings. Put the ram to at least 2GB. If it only shows 1GB, then you probably have a 32 bit java installation and need to uninstall it. Then install the one above to fix.

2. All these instructions are for windows. I have no clue how to adjust things on a mac, but the technic launcher should still work. Rispok was able to get it to work on the previous modpack. Maybe ask him if you have problems.

@Rispok, @Azzad, @Tharvis, @Halos, @Aquil, @Amarillys, @Sheltan, @Zuko, @Zoldine, @Ginovianna, @Sanek, @Averi, @May, @Amanu, @Ruth, @Jacen, @Sheltan, @Cirana

• Hey @Kazu, could you update EnderStorage to the latest 1.7.10 version? I had to update EnderStorage, ChickenBones, and NEI to use WAILA.
  • @Jacen Give me a few minutes and I will.

• @Jacen Try now.

• Kazu said:
    I'm happy to announce the return of Mineachaea! New modpack and such built around technology (at least until the server lease runs out).

I've already updated the old modpack through the launcher and put together the new mods and all. Everyone from the vanilla thread or old server is still whitelisted.

Things to note:

1. Quarries are enabled, but you have to be in render distance for them to work.
    2. Quarries are single use. You put it down, you can't pick it up.
    3. Quantum armor is now allowed
    4. If you use a quarry, cover the hole with a couple of layers when done.
    5. Chunk loaders are not included and probably won't be.
    6. Do not turn fast math on through optifine video settings. It causes explosions of death.
    7. Do not leave a reactorcraft reactor running while you log off. It will meltdown.
    8. Buildcraft engines will explode if they overheat.
    9. food is extremely important. I recommend working together at the start to build a base farm, then expand out.

Installation Instructions:

1. Check your java version. You -need- a 64 bit version. Download one here 
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    2. Install the technic launcher. Here:
    http://www.technicpack.net/
    3. Once installed and logged in, move to the modpacks tab and type Mineachaea in the search box on the top left.
    4. Click install and wait for it to install.
    5. Now click play in the bottom right. The server should already be listen on your multiplayer section once it loads.

Other notes:
    1. You need to adjusts the amount of ram MC can use through the launcher. Staring on the modpacks tab, click launcher options in the top right and then go to java settings. Put the ram to at least 2GB. If it only shows 1GB, then you probably have a 32 bit java installation and need to uninstall it. Then install the one above to fix.

2. All these instructions are for windows. I have no clue how to adjust things on a mac, but the technic launcher should still work. Rispok was able to get it to work on the previous modpack. Maybe ask him if you have problems.

@Rispok, @Azzad, @Tharvis, @Halos, @Aquil, @Amarillys, @Sheltan, @Zuko, @Zoldine, @Ginovianna, @Sanek, @Averi, @May, @Amanu, @Ruth, @Jacen, @Sheltan, @Cirana
    Awww! No Vanilla anymore? D:
  • Maybe once the server runs out. Just a shame to have it sitting there. Also, someone told me nobody is ever on the vanilla, so I thought I'd put the modded one back up.

• MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    --> experienced minecraft developer likes Achaean minecraft server idea, would help with coding :)
  • We don't really have a coding need, but happy to have you, @Morkado. I take it you are WizardBagel?

• MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    No, I am actually at work right now. I have not signed on yet.

Minecraft mods are really, really fun. I have worked a lot with bukkit and writing plugins. That said, plain old Minecraft is ridiculously addictive.
  • So I took out hunger overhaul since we only have like a month left on the server. Too much time/effort to invest into food when it could be used exploring and such. I've also fixed the fast math bug. Just needed to update optifine to the ultra version.

@Morkado Toss me your username and I'll whitelist you.