Artefact Daggers

2»

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited February 2013
    Kyrra said:
    That's like saying I should get a discount because I want level 3 of everything I can dual wield ...  I can understand a higher cost might be offputting because you need more than one, but most people pay double that for a pair of swords.
    The flaw in your argument is that Knights who dual-wield swords are using those as their primary attack. They are paying a huge fee for their arte swords because those swords make up 99% of their offense. Juggled daggers make up about 15% of a Jester's strategy so no, it actually doesn't make sense to price them around lvl 3 sword value.

I'm sure people with the cash wouldn't bat an eye dropping a total of 3500cr on 3 daggers that don't return. Except they'd probably feel a little scammed when they realized Jesters tend to carry around 50+ daggers for that reason.

Veldrin's idea of making them return to inventory isn't half bad, because the Jester would have to use a second of balance to re-Juggle the item. Or throw it from a non-juggled state, which defeats the purpose of artefact daggers (for Jesters). Again, why not just carry 50+ daggers?

Arte daggers don't exist for a reason, and they're probably never going to be balanced as long as Juggling exists.

• I agree that ordinary artefact daggers priced similarly to other artefact weapons wouldn't be worth buying (and even less so for jesters), but reducing the price isn't a good solution.
    edited February 2013
    Things that would remotely "balance" returning daggers to Juggling but not really:

Thrown items hitting rebounding.

An increasing chance of missing per item thrown. So by the 5th dagger thrown they have a 50% chance to dodge.

To be honest I'd settle for an arte that decreases puppet imbibe balance. Dagger/dagger/dagger/imbibe/imbibe

• Aktillum said:
    Veldrin's idea of making them return to inventory isn't half bad, because the Jester would have to use a second of balance to re-Juggle the item.
    This should be the case for any returning weapons. Weapons staying juggled when they return is a bug.
    edited February 2013
    Sena said:
    Aktillum said:
    Veldrin's idea of making them return to inventory isn't half bad, because the Jester would have to use a second of balance to re-Juggle the item.
    This should be the case for any returning weapons. Weapons staying juggled when they return is a bug.
    Javelins returning to juggling were a feature, not a bug. It was balanced by the stupidly long balance time even while juggling. It was declared a "bug" after it was realized that they were stupidly overpriced and completely and utterly useless. Calling their returning feature a "bug" was a politically correct announcement of "don't buy these, they suck".

I owned a level 3 javelin. I actually traded in my thoth's fang for one. How stupid is that? So imagine my anger when I found out that returning javelins thrown from a juggled state have a 2.5 second balance and do around 300 damage.

^while they were still "bugged"/returning is when I owned one.

• Aktillum said:
    Returning daggers would be OP but if they weren't returning then there's absolutely zero point to arte daggers for Jesters. Adjusting the speed would be dumb because the returning javelins had 2.5s speed, returned to juggling, and were deemed the most god awful useless arte ever.

Now if you said something like 4th/5th/6th juggling slots..
    What about rope daggers? Like we attach ropes to daggers and chuck 'em and they come back to us?

Jarrel-smalljpg

That's only for monks.

• Rope darts are overdue for sure. Hope they're part of the weapons overhaul.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • As long as I get to change my warcry to "GET OVER HERE!"
  • @Darklyre - And get the exit/entry message changed:

Darklyre enters from the down, whistling the Mortal Kombat theme tune.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • So I'm curious about the resolution on this one.

And @Tecton would I be correct in assuming the potential weapons overhaul will result in some stat changes across the board?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.