Auction ideas

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Quiver of flaming arrows.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Chord said:
    Random ideas, I honestly haven't fleshed them out too much.
    Dream Home -- An out-of-subdivisions house at the location of the winner's choosing, after administration approval.
    Formidable Foe -- A pet capable of a meaningful attack with custom attack message. (Meaningful being EITHER desirable amounts of damage OR a chosen affliction.). Pet wouldn't be able to be made invincible, but could get all other add-ons.
    Clean Slate -- ability to remake your character from scratch, transferring all lessons/credits/artefacts to the new character while effectively suiciding the current incarnation.
    Delosian Bag -- A bag that spawns a random artefact each Achaean month that lasts exactly one Achaean day.
    Ring of Oneiros' Blessing -- When you TURN BLESSING, an improved version of the lyre defense which is nigh-impenetrable springs up.
    Steadfast Anklet -- Works as the mass defense, but does not cause damage on movement/prevent dash or gallop/etc.
    Orb of Maya's Embrace -- When the user decides to EMBRACE DEATH, they are transported to the cave after only a 25 second delay.
    Spectacles of Insight -- SECRETS becomes 100% effective. In addition, any items of note in the room that can be maneuvered with effect become apparent upon checking secrets, and any denizens itching for adventurer help stand out to the observant adventurer.

All my completely random thoughts for the moment.
    Generally great ideas, but I think that Maya's Embrace and the Formidable Friend would be game breakers.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Should be Thoth's Embrace.

+1 to the infinite mana vial and willpower restorative.
  • Another mindnet item (phylacterly of sixth sense) and bell-locating item (iridescent bell pendant) as per Announce #3630 would be great.
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • edited January 2013
    A magical creature (like a Domination entity or Woodlore animal) that has a long wind-up summon time (1 minute?), can be summoned once per Achaean month, takes like 3 hits to kill (no crits) and casts aeon every 15 seconds at one foe.

Same thing for blackout, transfix, ropes/web/binding, and paralysis.

Granted, these seem horrifically overpowered.  And can you imagine if one person got all five of them...
  • I had a couple ship ideas.  As for the Second Shipreturn, I would love to have this be a SoW item.. 5 crowns, and it would sell like hot cakes.

The idea i had was much like the Ship in A Bottle artefact from before, once an achaean month you teleport you and your ship to a specific harbour.

I was thinking portable harbour, any proper land mass you can just pull into and 'safe' your ship for those awfultimes when you are in the middle of say the tears of sarapis and need to leave the realms.
  • edited January 2013
    vertani language token
    other  language tokens
    terrin'ukia's monocle

also: seconding the second ship return (again)

upgrade to gemstone birds to allow them to act as mail birds. Could also be applied to falcons. maybe bee swarms or foxes (20th century fox, anyone?) and snakes as well. 

• Second shipreturn, while a huge boon of convenience for most, would simply be used by some as an island hopping device. Park your secondary ship at whatever island you want to jump to for free, then use your primary to jump back to the mainland. Won't get approved.
  • Probably out of my reach, but I find out of subdivision housing auctions quite interesting. Would also love to see the Prosperian Marketplace in Delos open up.

• Traders satchels

• Tanaar said:
    Second shipreturn, while a huge boon of convenience for most, would simply be used by some as an island hopping device. Park your secondary ship at whatever island you want to jump to for free, then use your primary to jump back to the mainland. Won't get approved.
    It's the same as what every dragon can already do, plus people who buy a token of Charybdis, although at a significant cost. It being auctioned would only extend this already existing convenience to one more non-dragon, or add a second isle to jump to for a dragon.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    -Permanent pacts - Only useable by those of the Occultist class, obviously, and would be rendered un-useable (but maybe refundable) if the owner were to switch class. Auctioned off one per Chaos Lord (minus Golgotha, more than likely, because the game would drown in the ensuing flood of tears), probably over the course of a few auctions. Piridon, Xenophage, and Istria would go for astronomical amounts.

-Permanent tarot cards. One per card, with more or less the same caveats as the permanent pacts. I'm still bitter that Imyrr wasn't allowed to transfer his permanent Universe to me when he quit. I want one. :(

-An artefact that would allow you to hide your bloodline, as well as potentially hide yourself from the bloodlines of others, if that is possible. Could be toggled on and off, kind of like the Aeonic hourglass and Veil of the Libertine, so it wouldn't be a permanent change in the person's bloodline - canonically, their parents would still be their parents, et cetera, but it would allow the owner to exercise a degree of anonymity about their origins if they so chose. I'd also be amicable to seeing this one as a standard artefact or a Shop of Wonders item, due to its broad appeal and non-combatant nature. 

-Out-of-subdivision land on the tundra side of Anake's Elbow. I've always wanted an ice palace with a mountain backdrop. ;)

-

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • I'll probably never be Dragon (or at least, I'll probably never actively go for it), but a custom Dragon description was offered up once and that sounds badass.

• edited January 2013
    Iocun said:
    Tanaar said:
    Second shipreturn, while a huge boon of convenience for most, would simply be used by some as an island hopping device. Park your secondary ship at whatever island you want to jump to for free, then use your primary to jump back to the mainland. Won't get approved.
    It's the same as what every dragon can already do, plus people who buy a token of Charybdis, although at a significant cost. It being auctioned would only extend this already existing convenience to one more non-dragon, or add a second isle to jump to for a dragon.
    I think occultists can also return for little cost via Chaos plane (xenophage iirc). Unless that got nerfed. 

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Amunet said:
    -Permanent pacts - Only useable by those of the Occultist class, obviously, and would be rendered un-useable (but maybe refundable) if the owner were to switch class. Auctioned off one per Chaos Lord (minus Golgotha, more than likely, because the game would drown in the ensuing flood of tears), probably over the course of a few auctions. Piridon, Xenophage, and Istria would go for astronomical amounts.

I think it's aetolia that has this as a normal artefact, can be used on everything except golgotha, and is fairly cheap (less than 50 cr each I believe). I've always been kinda surprised this wasn't brought to achaea, seems like it would be a big seller.

I wouldn't mind seeing some artefact armour go up for auction again. I'd always wanted the dragonscale armour when I was jester.

• edited January 2013
    Tanaar said:

It is probably true the people would use this to island hop, but the biggest reason for me is out of conflict... I don't go sailing with a large crew looking to sink or attack people. So what happens is when someone out there runs into a situation that needs help I think boy if I had a crew we could go help, but I have no desire to go engage a strider that I imagine is fully crewed by myself.

I would use the second return and for ships hoping that we could have conflict on the sea that wasn't wavecall 15 wavecall 15 wavecall 15.

And to contribute to ship ideas... faster bell, or a sharper axe.

• An artefact that lets you not only see, but squint into hidden exits (a step up from the SoW monocle, which should just be offered for regular sale again at some point).
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Yeah, my significant other was bragging about having permanent pacts in Aetolia; it's where I got the idea. I'm so jealous. :(
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Permanent chaos orb nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Chord said:
    Dream Home -- An out-of-subdivisions house at the location of the winner's choosing, after administration approval.
    Make it a for reals dream home, that you access by going to sleep. Your body disappears and you enter the dreamscape...
  • Could also make it so you have to pick up mushrooms in a forest and eat them, and it would transport you to a magical hallucinatory land.
  • An artefact that once dropped in a stockroom or house, prevents anyone not listed as having permission from entering in any way.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• A boon.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    quiver of elemental arrows.  Can alternate between flames, ice, water, earth, air and phlegm arrows.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Sylvance said:

Trey said:

God, if me and everyone else I know is any indication, the blademaster stuff would go stupidly high.

I'll compound that, though.
    Murad's journal - a comprehensive set of notes that allows the owner to forge blademaster swords in a Heraldry-style command system, choosing materials and colors, with the ability to see a list of the available prefixes and suffixes to choose from. Subject to admin oversight, nix'd if abused. Still requires ash and the materials selected

Yeah, great idea, but I'd hate to see this at auction because I'd have more chance of converting Dawkins to catholicism than winning that auction.

I can't remember what class you are, but I more meant this for 'people who have the skill Forging', since plenty of artefacts in auctions have been class specific already.

• Trey said:
    Trey said:
    God, if me and everyone else I know is any indication, the blademaster stuff would go stupidly high. I'll compound that, though. Murad's journal - a comprehensive set of notes that allows the owner to forge blademaster swords in a Heraldry-style command system, choosing materials and colors, with the ability to see a list of the available prefixes and suffixes to choose from. Subject to admin oversight, nix'd if abused. Still requires ash and the materials selected
    Yeah, great idea, but I'd hate to see this at auction because I'd have more chance of converting Dawkins to catholicism than winning that auction.
    I can't remember what class you are, but I more meant this for 'people who have the skill Forging', since plenty of artefacts in auctions have been class specific already.
    My bad, I thought you meant it was a BM item that would allow you choose which reagents/description etc you got instead of Murad pulling elements out of the RNG.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited January 2013
    Tahquil said:
    A boon.
    Off topic, but the gaze part of your signature always gets me.

• Have artefacts which are less useful with increasing might/level/artefacts/wealth/age been considered?

(idea being to provide something a different group of people might bid on)

• Buying an artefact that gets weaker the more superior your character becomes would be a really bad investment.
This discussion has been closed.