A crazy idea - pit Achaeans into battles in other games!

Bear with me, guys.

Two days ago, while I was playing Samurai Warriors 2: Empires, I had a very curious idea.

What if I could put Achaeans in the game and have them fight each other? I can ask players for their desired weapon, model, and voice, let 'er rip, and record the shenanigans for maximum amusement.

And then I thought about it more. What if we had them fight with huge fleets in "Sins of a Solar Empire"? Fight pitched battles in "League of Legends"? Have them build their hideaways and fortifications and try and punch each other out in "Minecraft"? Or, goodness forbid, have them play roles in this obscure text game called "Achaea"?

Think of all the possibilities! It'd be so fun!

(I think I'm willing to do the Samurai Warriors one, though >.> I'll post details if I really want to start.)

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)

Comments

• Play roles.

In Achaea?

SURELY YOU JEST, SIR.
  • I'm in.  I'll help you out with what you need, though I'm a bit limited when it comes to games.
  • I want that for that very reason, @Silas!

Just imagine if Tanris got pitted into my game in League of Legends!

..oh wait.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013

I would say guildwars2, but I'm really not that good at pvp. Group combat would be fun, not sure if you can organise a game to only let certain people in though. Also it would be weird, because I've grown somewhat attached to my mesmer, my only male character, and I don't think I could rp well as a guy. I suppose I'd just have to forfeit function for form, and play my Necro who is named after Katz. :P

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Hm - I wasn't necessarily thinking of actually making the players behind the characters go and play the games themselves. That'd be impossible with Samurai Warriors 2 - since, uh..you only get to have two players maximum. :P

I was thinking of a "gimme your details, and I'll let your characters be controlled by me or the AI as is most exciting and let them kill each other" kind of thing.

• Ahh. That's not as much fun. :p

• edited January 2013
    :P heh, it's not the best idea I ever had.

I swear, if I can get @Daklore, @Eiredhel, @Iseria and @Ruth up and going in League of Legends, we'd make "Team Achaea: Internet Police" and change our game names to our Achaean character names. Season 4 Path to Pro, here we come!

• gw2 > LoL ;)

• ..It is.

I don't have that kind of money though. :( education OP.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Someone pay l4d2 with me!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Boo. I love the graphics and armour in gw2. Guildwars Katzchen is cute. :)

imageimage

• Erasariel said:
    :P heh, it's not the best idea I ever had.

I swear, if I can get @Daklore, @Eiredhel, @Iseria and @Ruth up and going in League of Legends, we'd make "Team Achaea: Internet Police" and change our game names to our Achaean character names. Season 4 Path to Pro, here we come!

I am never changing my summoner name. Unless Riot demands it, in which case, I will. But so far, so good.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    whoot!

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• Katzchen said:

I would say guildwars2, but I'm really not that good at pvp. Group combat would be fun, not sure if you can organise a game to only let certain people in though. Also it would be weird, because I've grown somewhat attached to my mesmer, my only male character, and I don't think I could rp well as a guy. I suppose I'd just have to forfeit function for form, and play my Necro who is named after Katz. :P

@Katzchen: I miss my old Guild Wars 1 Assassin. 

• I would totally piss off every Occultist in the game if Pit dropped my character into Soul Caliber or something.
  • Synbios said:
    Katzchen said:

Yeah, assassin was fun there. It's a bit too much of a glass cannon in gw2. In gw1 they could be anything from a super tank to a devastating damage dealer with plenty of ability to stay alive.

• I vote GW2. 

@Katzchen, what server are you on? 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.

• Cinya said:
    I vote GW2. 

@Katzchen, what server are you on? 
    Darkhaven.

• Blah, oh well. I'm on Fort Aspenwood. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • Yeah, they got rid of free server changes, didn't they? Though honestly, I love the name 'Darkhaven' too much to want to switch.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Ruth said:
    Someone pay l4d2 with me!
    on steam?
  • Katzchen said:
    Synbios said:
    Katzchen said:

Yeah, assassin was fun there. It's a bit too much of a glass cannon in gw2. In gw1 they could be anything from a super tank to a devastating damage dealer with plenty of ability to stay alive.

Then again, mentioning that Assassins can play way too many roles is a can of worms that made several players' jimmies rustle. Shadow Form = OP NERFPLZ. 

• Meh. I was always shitty at terra tank anyway. I'd rather run E/Mo, UA, 100b, SS, EoE, pretty much anything else...

• I'd be interested in watching an Achaean smite game.

• Also, @Boosteya actually introduced me to Minetest, which is an open-source Minecraft clone. Has server functionality too! Might be worth checking out. Build Sapience and all. :D

• edited January 2013
    @Erasariel That looks pretty kinda meh when compared to real minecraft though. We already have a minecraft server as well. It's also possible to play minecraft on a cracked version, but you also need a server that runs cracked as well. It's filled with security bugs as well, since it's hard to ban a player with a changing name.

I just tried it, and it's very meh. It looks pretty bad too honestly. You'd be better off going with the other option I listed. I know there are quite a few minecraft hunger games maps as well.  All you need is someone with a good computer to host, and everyone can play.

• Now that I think about it...anyone up for a pokemon tournament? We Could do one with any of the first three gen games.

• Blastoise smash.
  • Tvistor said:
    Blastoise smash.