Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ideas for Exploration adventures

Vasher
Vasher Member Posts: 18

Considering there are only two exploration adventures we had a discussion on a clan for what might work well for other exploration adventures. Here are some of those ideas.

• Visit the four elemental planes.
  • Cleanse a mummy from north reach barrow.
  • Catch a hummingbird in a bird cage.
  • Fall through a trap floor.
  • Take a ferry to an inner island.

What other ideas are out there for possible exploration adventures?

RomaenCailinWolandZbaco

Comments

• Argwin
    Argwin Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

Another IRE game had adventures each day that pulled random quests. So, for example, there might be three or four quests available each day, but they're always different quests. I think that would be a neat way to get people to try different quests and get to see more of the great writing that's gone into Achaea.

Woland
  • Sobriquet
    Sobriquet Member Posts: 2,805 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Visit the grave of Silvestri Carnivalis

CailinArgwin
  • Gallida
    Gallida Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

Bring back the Certimene jumble quests.

• Woland
    Woland Member Posts: 29
    edited June 8

I really support an expansion of accessible and interesting adventures, and the specific ones you've proposed look fun (though admittedly I only know how to do the last 2). I also like Argwin's idea a lot and agree that it would engage players in parts of the game they may not have known about. I would be excited to see any or all of these implemented, and for new players coming to enjoy the game too!

More exploration ideas:

• Discover a god's hidden temple
    • Travel the wilderness to explore the northern tundra/mountainous area - sorry for vagueness as I still don't know this area too well, but the first time I went there, it was a fun trek. Maybe the adventure is to find a certain NPC and use a certain emote on them? (greet/bow/stare/kneel/etc - you wouldn't know which emote though, it'd only be hinted at)
    • Looking for certain landmarks around the land and also using certain emotes there. I've stumbled upon some intriguing statues in my journeys, I think some of them were players? Would be a neat homage to them 😁
  • Iocun
    Iocun Member Posts: 3,691 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 10

I think it's incredibly hard to create exploration adventures that actually have anything to do with the act of exploring. Visiting specific places just leads to people autowalking there every day and if they don't know where the place is, they'll ask someone. That's just boring and time-consuming. If actual exploration is supposed to be rewarded, then it needs to be on a somewhat individual basis. Argwin's idea definitely goes in the right direction there.

The only -truly- exploration-rewarding adventure I can imagine is something as simple as: visit a place you haven't been to before. (Or, for more renown: attain a new rank in the Fellowship of Explorers.)

Essentially, you just gain renown for exploring a new room, once a day. Obviously, from a certain point on, it will become almost impossible to complete such an adventure every day, but well, I suppose that lies in the nature of exploration in the first place.

• Kog
    Kog Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

More mazes!

• Treyal
    Treyal Member Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

Only partially related, but how is there no resolution for achieving one of the higher explorer ranks?

Cailin
  • Greys
    Greys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

Hmm, the random quest thing may be a bit harder to code. If it was a small amount of renown but doing a quest in an area (so 15 renown for a quest in actar) or something. Thus, having you move around to different spots.

Cailin
  • Thaisen
    Thaisen Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

You already get a small amount of renown for doing quests.

Sign In to Comment.