Ideas for Exploration adventures

Considering there are only two exploration adventures we had a discussion on a clan for what might work well for other exploration adventures. Here are some of those ideas.

• Visit the four elemental planes.
  • Cleanse a mummy from north reach barrow.
  • Catch a hummingbird in a bird cage.
  • Fall through a trap floor.
  • Take a ferry to an inner island.

What other ideas are out there for possible exploration adventures?

Comments

• Another IRE game had adventures each day that pulled random quests. So, for example, there might be three or four quests available each day, but they're always different quests. I think that would be a neat way to get people to try different quests and get to see more of the great writing that's gone into Achaea.

• Visit the grave of Silvestri Carnivalis

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Bring back the Certimene jumble quests.

• edited June 2021

I really support an expansion of accessible and interesting adventures, and the specific ones you've proposed look fun (though admittedly I only know how to do the last 2). I also like Argwin's idea a lot and agree that it would engage players in parts of the game they may not have known about. I would be excited to see any or all of these implemented, and for new players coming to enjoy the game too!

More exploration ideas:

• Discover a god's hidden temple
    • Travel the wilderness to explore the northern tundra/mountainous area - sorry for vagueness as I still don't know this area too well, but the first time I went there, it was a fun trek. Maybe the adventure is to find a certain NPC and use a certain emote on them? (greet/bow/stare/kneel/etc - you wouldn't know which emote though, it'd only be hinted at)
    • Looking for certain landmarks around the land and also using certain emotes there. I've stumbled upon some intriguing statues in my journeys, I think some of them were players? Would be a neat homage to them 😁
  • edited June 2021

I think it's incredibly hard to create exploration adventures that actually have anything to do with the act of exploring. Visiting specific places just leads to people autowalking there every day and if they don't know where the place is, they'll ask someone. That's just boring and time-consuming. If actual exploration is supposed to be rewarded, then it needs to be on a somewhat individual basis. Argwin's idea definitely goes in the right direction there.

The only -truly- exploration-rewarding adventure I can imagine is something as simple as: visit a place you haven't been to before. (Or, for more renown: attain a new rank in the Fellowship of Explorers.)

Essentially, you just gain renown for exploring a new room, once a day. Obviously, from a certain point on, it will become almost impossible to complete such an adventure every day, but well, I suppose that lies in the nature of exploration in the first place.

• More mazes!

• Only partially related, but how is there no resolution for achieving one of the higher explorer ranks?

• Hmm, the random quest thing may be a bit harder to code. If it was a small amount of renown but doing a quest in an area (so 15 renown for a quest in actar) or something. Thus, having you move around to different spots.

• You already get a small amount of renown for doing quests.

• There's are fun and interesting little activities in areas that players could do. Listen to one of Jitaka's stories, make some wine in that winery in Shamtota, and so on.

• Get sexually harassed by those two glass blowers in Thera...

• That's just you.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

I really wish exploration and questing xp gain was on par as murdering any and everything you come across as a viable way to level up.

• Do a city quest/task.

-sighs in rogue-

I've not really been that interested in cities since leaving Cyrene. Everything feels so drastically factional now.

• Yeah, I can empathise but I really am coming up short with ideas. Uh..... learn langauge lessons?

You get experience for that?

• that renown will very quickly become the most expensive in the game

• Area name/passphrase word scramble
    • Locate a certain npc that wanders (Tordahl, a buffalo, etc)
    • Use the foray spawn code to put a beacon in the wilderness that hops around
    • That blizzard puzzle in Actar
    • Get hit by a boat on shipwreck
  • I want to be hit by a boat. :(

edited July 2021

Walk the Tears of Sarapis on the way to Meropis and it will happen eventually.

• Participate in a chariot race in Lothos.
    • Bury a treasure for someone else to find.

• Dig up a pot of gold

Get henna

Find the butterfly grotto

Ride the duckie wheel?

I'm not good at this :P