Class Emotions

At the moment, the only listed class emote is "monkbow". What kind of class-specific emotes would you like to see?

Post your ideas below!

Comments

• Entaro said:
    I'd like to see House-specific emotes. Would be much cooler.
    My house has this.
  • Sentaari had Sentaaribow. RIP

• Aerek said:
    The Wardens have "runicblessing" or something similar, even though I kinda hate it. You sprinkle dirt on their head and whisper to them.

Personally, I'd prefer a custom salute, something fist-over-heart, or a seig heil, or a gauntleted bro-fist.
    It's runeprayer. Untargetted, you utter a prayer to the earth. I'm trying to have Ginmund use it (and other runic prayers) more, acknowledging Runelore as the powerful earth magic it is.
  • I love the oia salute. Would be nice if there were more city/house emotes.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    CiJ would tmote something better.

• naga have a gang sign! best house emote evar

• Aerek said:
    The Wardens have "runicblessing" or something similar, even though I kinda hate it. You sprinkle dirt on their head and whisper to them.

Personally, I'd prefer a custom salute, something fist-over-heart, or a seig heil, or a gauntleted bro-fist.
    And when the idea of a custom emote was proposed, the idea of a custom salute was rather disliked amongst the active Warden Knights. Besides, I like the runeprayer.

Uttering a prayer to the earth, you kneel down and press your hands to the ground, attuning your 
    body to the runic power that courses beneath your grasp.

(runeprayer, with no arguement... first person perspective, of course)

When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • I'd like to see a neutral 'knight' salute that all three classes could use.

• edited January 2013
    Katzchen said:
    I'd like to see a neutral 'knight' salute that all three classes could use.
    Drawsalute is mostly used by knights. It can be used by everyone, but I'm fine with that; exclusivity should be encouraged by culture, not hard-coded.

Edit: Runeprayer's 1P is kind of awkwardly written.
  • Ourania said:
    Orgs can purchase their own emotes (subject to approval of course), so it is up to you kids to design/request them, if you want more! :)

Awesome, I did not know this. Thank you for the heads up!
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Delphinus said:
    Katzchen said:
    Drawsalute is mostly used by knights. It can be used by everyone, but I'm fine with that; exclusivity should be encouraged by culture, not hard-coded.
    I like drawsalute, but unless it's changed or I've just been retarded all my life, you can't specify a weapon or scabbard to drawsalute from. This means that, depending on what scabbards have decayed lately and what's considered "first" on my person, I end up drawsalute'ing with a ship's axe or by beheading weapon instead of the cool house-customization I'd like to use.

Daklore said:
    Aerek said:

And when the idea of a custom emote was proposed, the idea of a custom salute was rather disliked amongst the active Warden Knights.

This does not surprise me.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    Delphinus said:
    Katzchen said:

Edit: Runeprayer's 1P is kind of awkwardly written.
    Can't say I've ever noticed a knight using drawsalute. Maybe it's used more by Wardens/Templars. In Mhaldor we mostly use the oia salute, and the KoH was practically dead in Hashan, and there weren't that many knights who actually rped knightly characters.

• Aerek said:
    I like drawsalute, but unless it's changed or I've just been retarded all my life, you can't specify a weapon or scabbard to drawsalute from. This means that, depending on what scabbards have decayed lately and what's considered "first" on my person, I end up drawsalute'ing with a ship's axe or by beheading weapon instead of the cool house-customization I'd like to use.
    DRAW <weapon> [SALUTE/STRONG] [LEFT/RIGHT]
    DRAW <holder> [SALUTE/STRONG] [LEFT/RIGHT]
  • EntaroEntaro Plymouth
    Ourania said:
    Orgs can purchase their own emotes (subject to approval of course), so it is up to you kids to design/request them, if you want more! :)
    Whaaaaa! I need to get me some custom emotes!

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • Ourania said:
    @Vayne Pretty please? :)

• Alternatively you can use the 'emote' function and save a ton of gold.

If I recall correctly custom emotes were disgustingly expensive.
  • Tvistor said:
    Alternatively you can use the 'emote' function and save a ton of gold.

I'm sure most orgs can afford it.

Can your House afford it, @Tvistor?

• Yeah. I recall the amount it cost was massive though. Oftentimes Houses build up money that isn't going anywhere, but I really can't justify the purchase when an alias will suffice.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Synbios said:
    Tvistor said:

Sigh.  We submitted some house weapons and emotes a month or two before Bal'met stuff start.  Makes sense looking back now since they knew then that the Templars (and other Shallam orgs) would be destroyed.

We could have afforded it easily @Synbios except we are now homeless.
  • ^templarsalute$

send("emote whatever")

Everyone is happy.
  • Achilles said:
    Synbios said:
    Tvistor said:

Sigh.  We submitted some house weapons and emotes a month or two before Bal'met stuff start.  Makes sense looking back now since they knew then that the Templars (and other Shallam orgs) would be destroyed.

We could have afforded it easily @Synbios except we are now homeless.
    This is why I love the Templars.

• Tvistor said:
    setalias templarsalute emote whatever

Everyone is happy.

Now everyone really is happy. Even those dirty non-mudlet users!

• edited January 2013
    Tvistor said:
    ^templarsalute$

send("emote whatever")

Everyone is happy.

But how else will we spend our Scrooge McDuck-esque money bins of goldthat are now lying somewhere in the bottom of the sea?

• Shaitan pretty much told me straight up that nearly every House in the game was floating so much gold it isn't even funny.

Then I have no idea what happened to him.
  • Tvistor said:
    Shaitan pretty much told me straight up that nearly every House in the game was floating so much gold it isn't even funny.

Then I have no idea what happened to him.

Obviously, he drowned when he dived into the Templar money-vault.

Next time, bring scuba gear.

Or a bathysphere.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Coeur said:
    Ourania said:
    @Vayne Pretty please? :)
    We already have one if you did not know, Decan got us the new house items and DIRKTWIRL. If you want more you can suggest them, sure.
  • By orgs, does that extend to cities?