Ourania, Goddess of the Moon

2»

Comments

• Absolutely brilliant. She's so much more intimidating than I imagined, but it's so right. Her eyes look so haunted and wild.

+5 points to @Sarapis and the art team.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Verrucht, thanks for -that- heart attack. :P I hope he comes and looks at this thread, now!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Very beautiful. The length of her hair... is that in her description as well? 
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    It is actually longer in her description!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Absolutely beautiful. The attention to detail really blows me away.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• That's no moon.....

Seriously, brilliant. Itching to see Sartan now.

• edited January 2013
    @Arador Sartan will be difficult, as you need to convey just the right amount of malice (lots). Seeing Him cut down swathes of His own Mhaldorians in a demonstration of cruelty would be an interesting change from walking towards the fourth wall.

I'm looking forward to seeing more artwork as true to the game detail as Ourania's.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • I think the portrait is absolutely gorgeous.  Does anyone know who the artist is, so that I can look at more of his/her work?
  • Hmm is the Mother aspect I assume?
  • This is outstanding. I love the alert, worried expression on Her face. In my playing experience, Ourania has portrayed high emotion in anything she's concerns Herself with. She's always all-in, all the time. In  this picture, it's like she just walked in on Bal'met killing [whoever she went Godzillaing on Krenindala for].

Ashtan 4 Ourania.

And Jesus, Verrucht. I was at work when I saw your post. Should have at least put it in a spoiler tab. That's... that's just ridiculous.
  • Mizik said:
    This is outstanding. I love the alert, worried expression on Her face. In my playing experience, Ourania has portrayed high emotion in anything she's concerns Herself with. She's always all-in, all the time. In  this picture, it's like she just walked in on Bal'met killing [whoever she went Godzillaing on Krenindala for].

Ashtan 4 Ourania.

And Jesus, Verrucht. I was at work when I saw your post. Should have at least put it in a spoiler tab. That's... that's just ridiculous.
    Ridiculously awesome.

• Jaw-droppingly gorgeous, with fantastic detail.

• Mizik said:
     In  this picture, it's like she just walked in on Bal'met killing [whoever she went Godzillaing on Krenindala for].

Her daughter, Kastalia.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Or logging in after Daes kicked out all of the Serpentlords that one time.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Verily said:
    Simply beautiful, and wondrously done on the artist's part.

And while I know it doesn't quite match the scene/expression shown, one thought quickly came to mind: "Seneschal, can you dodge?"
    Yes...I am well acquainted with that look in her eye.
  • You aren't the only one... 

Your's was funnier though :P
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I assumed it was the Mother aspect. I'd want her for a mum too with genes that awesome.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Vayne said:
    Verily said:
    Simply beautiful, and wondrously done on the artist's part.

And while I know it doesn't quite match the scene/expression shown, one thought quickly came to mind: "Seneschal, can you dodge?"
    Yes...I am well acquainted with that look in her eye.

Mannimar said:
    You aren't the only one... 

Your's was funnier though :P
    That was unforgettable. That, and her sending you, @Vayne to the moon... puts a new meaning to "Fly me to the moon".

_______
    on the portrait itself though, stunningly done, gorgeous, beautiful render. The artist managed to capture the radiancy that the Immortals have, she looks too radient, (I can't seem to spell that word either D:) too... ethereal to be a normal mortal. The picture of @Artemis was well done but didn't capture the same... Immortality, Divinity as @Ourania's

I can't wait to see the images for all the gods, if possible.
    "Sometimes... legends are true" 
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Looking at the divine portraits again, I realized Ourania's hem had moons in their different phases, and stars in the cuffs. Details like these make the pictures quite incredible. Great work Chris!

• @Hyperlith: This wasn't by Chris Bourassa, actually! The divine portraits are by a different artist.
  • Lots of symbolism that isn't readily apparent. I like.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Great work, [artist]!

• Because I didn't think this belonged elsewhere... but the current conflict between Targossas and Ourania totally reminded me of this log-in music from League of Legends.

There was also all the background lore and teasers related to the champion that represented the "sun" leading up to her release... so... enjoy:

When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Daklore said:
    Because I didn't think this belonged elsewhere... but the current conflict between Targossas and Ourania totally reminded me of this log-in music from League of Legends.

There was also all the background lore and teasers related to the champion that represented the "sun" leading up to her release... so... enjoy:

Appropriately, Leona vs Diana = Aurora vs Ourania.