Ourania, Goddess of the Moon

Comments

• Not far from what I had imagined, though I expected her to look a bit more warrior-like: Shorter, simpler dress that wouldn't get wrapped around her feet, quiver and bow strapped to her back. Granted I can't remember what her description looks like. 

Good depiction, I think. 
  • She's more beautiful than I imagine
  • She has that harsh, domineering look that makes you think 'man, this lady means serious business'.

• What Silas said AND I like the opulence in her outfit as well.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    B-E-A-utiful
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • I am utterly jealous of this artist. I can't wait to see @Babel.
  • That... is sick. Can't wait to see Sartan.
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Really well done, and quite stunning.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • edited January 2013
    Unfortunately I posted on the website, instead of here. I'm really a fan of the 4 toes. It's the way all good non-reality should be.

eta: Genuine, not sarcasm.
  • Just want to add as well: I really like the phases of the moon depicted on the hem of her dress. The detail in the artwork on both @Ourania and @Artemis has been really impressive, capturing a lot of what I depict from their in-game descriptions.

This does remind me that we need to get back to pruning her shrines, though... :-\"

• Aerek said:
    Very cool.
    Melodie said:
    This is much more of the Goddess quality I would be looking for. I can't wait to see @Neraeos, now. I sense a want of posters increasing in our near future, if this keeps up.
    You just want pin-ups as inspiration so you can write your steamy, Ourania-and-Neraeos slash fics.
    Straight != Slash!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    You are looking radiant as ever Mother!
  • -amazing-
  • LyrLyr
    edited January 2013
    So good! I was hoping to see the maiden/crone aspects too somehow :< but I can hardly complain.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited January 2013
    Aerek said:

Very cool.

Melodie said:

This is much more of the Goddess quality I would be looking for. I can't wait to see @Neraeos, now.

I sense a want of posters increasing in our near future, if this keeps up.

You just want pin-ups as inspiration so you can write your steamy, Ourania-and-Neraeos slash fics.

Bless your heart.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited January 2013
    Lyr said:
    So good! I was hoping to see the maiden/crone aspects too somehow :< but I can hardly complain.
    oooh. Brainstorm. Have same artist create these other two portraits, but with each in the same pose/position, maybe with the moon moved in the background? Then print it on those shifting-image cards/posters, where when you rock it hard to the left (or move yourself, if we're talking poster), you see the maiden, straight on is the matron, and rocked to the right is the crone. 

All I ask as payment for my brilliant idea is a free poster or card >.>

edited for clarity

• Beautiful. Very much how I'd imagine Ourania. The ethereal quality of it is amazing and very much what I like about the artist's work.
  • Is there a link to the full-size version? The one on achaea.com/gallery isn't any bigger.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    This is amazing.  I especially like the moon phases on the outside of the dress for some reason, awesome little detail.

• Gorgeous art work! The artist did an excellent rendering of her. I hope Babel is next.
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Stunning. Statuesque.
    Everything about her suggests otherworldly, ass-kicking goddess.

As to what Lyr said, I agree it may have been interesting to see her other aspects represented somewhere in the visual heirarchy of the image but then, maybe it would have lessened the impact.

Something about the bone structure and those gorgeous, flowing locks.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • this is amazing!