War System Changes

12346»

Comments

• Absolutely, which is why a more succinct system is needed to clarify exactly how a conflict begins. If it's just hunting an allied area that can lead to griefing. I can just sit there in Jaru and wait for someone to hit something with mindnet active and that's a problem. You need something other than 1) Defile a shrine and 2) Kill denizens. 

At present I guess the best option is actually shouting as you mentioned. The shrine/kill denizens method only really are going to work for Targ and Mhaldor because we know they generally want to get down, and they know we like to get down. 

If Cyrene were to be hunting Jaru, however? I'd certainly not engage, because I don't want to get involved in litigation. 
  • Micaelis said: 
    If Cyrene were to be hunting Jaru, however? I'd certainly not engage, because I don't want to get involved in litigation. 
    If I'm hunting Jaru or in Jaru yelling, it's 100% to pick a fight with you guys, and I'll probably (hopefully?) have a few others in tow. We don't have a skirmish culture yet, but maybe Soon(tm)?
  • Kog said:
    Micaelis said: 
    If I'm hunting Jaru or in Jaru yelling, it's 100% to pick a fight with you guys, and I'll probably (hopefully?) have a few others in tow. We don't have a skirmish culture yet, but maybe Soon(tm)?
    Yeah well tell it to my lawyers! Not finna entrap me!
  • Micaelis said:
    Kog said:
    Micaelis said: 
    Yeah well tell it to my lawyers! Not finna entrap me!
    This is discrimination, you'll be hearing from mine :angry:
  • edited January 2020
    What would be cool is if there were a garrison of Targossian troops there (JARU), not guards-Like guards, but not guards.

If you go in and kill all of them present, this would begin a 'survival challenge' where mobs or other events would happen in the village where the village tries to defend itself, while the allied city can support the village via pk. Anyways, if they pass the wave system, then they get gold, or bonuses, or other stuff, whereas the defenders also get buffs or potentially another currency for shops that they can use in the village. 

IDK, very basic idea, but it'd be so much fun!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I support the concept of Father Garron busting heads with his thurible. 
  • "The Lord says you gotta die." thwack

• Could upgrade the main mobs in the area to be a crier when enemies enter, as well as upgrade them to be difficult to kill and reward points when you do so. Not quite honours level, but something challenging and offers something for non-PK to potentially do to help as well. Of course the potential to PK remains. Think Garron, Blackrock King, etc being more tough mobs and reporting for their area.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Could upgrade the main mobs in the area to be a crier when enemies enter, as well as upgrade them to be difficult to kill and reward points when you do so. Not quite honours level, but something challenging and offers something for non-PK to potentially do to help as well. Of course the potential to PK remains. Think Garron, Blackrock King, etc being more tough mobs and reporting for their area.
    Probably high-end bashing level so that the area becomes decent hunting for enemies and worth hunting other than for lowbies (except theran guards). Strong enough to be a nuisance, but weak enough that they can’t just be yelled for. 
  • It will be so disappointing when everyone's favorite feature of the new war system turns out to be a bug. :(
  • 2020/1/23/19:49 Your bug report (detail: It seems that sanctions in Jaru are attainable by killing
    Targossian citizens, and that tanks also function after the sanction. Everything worked similarly as 
    to a normal in-city raid and tank, but this feels unintended.) - has been fixed.

:(
  • Taryius said:
    2020/1/23/19:49 Your bug report (detail: It seems that sanctions in Jaru are attainable by killing
    Targossian citizens, and that tanks also function after the sanction. Everything worked similarly as 
    to a normal in-city raid and tank, but this feels unintended.) - has been fixed.

• Taryius said:
    2020/1/23/19:49 Your bug report (detail: It seems that sanctions in Jaru are attainable by killing

• issue me Let us raid villages again please it was fun
  • The one big positive was a bug, and still so many potential negatives left unanswered. Not entirely sure why this system was implemented, but to condense a post from two threads: bad implementation of very bad ideas doesn’t help with player spending, either.

• Great system devs, almost like you guys have 0 clue on the game you actually lead. 
  • Can we please not do this? You people are going to wake Mhashtan.
  • Cyrene's single after that knife Targossas planted squarely in our back, just sayin'.
  • Kog said:
    Cyrene's single after that knife Targossas planted squarely in our back, just sayin'.
    As long as ya'll are okay with being the bottom, we top HARD.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kog said:
    Cyrene's single after that knife Targossas planted squarely in our back, just sayin'.
    Why you think we were chatting all cute with Keorin while we murdered your betrayers all around her in a shower of blood? It's called courting.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Mhalrene or Cydor?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Mhalrene, definitely

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.