We're super excited to announce our next big game update, we'll be looking at an honours level quest for each city and a whole heap of content for ships and seafarers!
Most of this update will be geared at groups, especially the city specific content which will (we hope) help to inspire some bonding and cultural strengthening within our various factions in order to achieve some very special results. At sea we'll be creating a slew of quests just for ships, their captains, and their crew!
As a little teaser, enjoy this painting titled "The Pangolin's Picnic"
Depicted in masterful strokes of oil paint, an enchanting beach scene
unfolds in detailed clarity upon this somewhat haggard canvas. Golden
rays preside over lashings of blue sky and sunlit sea, placid waves
lapping gently at shingle and shore. Arranged carefully upon the rolling
sands, a swathe of sailcloth acts as a makeshift picnic blanket,
playing host to a full grown pangolin whose curious eyes gleam as the
beast proudly wears a misshapen pirate's hat. At one corner, a
multicoloured dragonfly buzzes its wings from within a glass jar, while
on the opposite end a weighing scales rests ungraciously on its side.
All the while, fresh dates roast on a nearby spit, plumes of painted
smoke wafting from the bold portrayal of a crackling cook-fire as the
picnic's most honoured guest takes in the smell with obvious enthusiasm.As mentioned in Announce news 5126, we're offering a bit of a story writing contest!
All the great quests in Achaea tell a story and our seafaring quests will do just the same, but if you have an idea for an exciting story that could play out over a quest at sea (by visiting various islands, defeating monsters, collecting treasures, and so much more), write it up and email it to me!
I'll be accepting submissions from now until November 9th
and if we choose your story you'll earn 500 credits! If you want to submit an entry please format in plain text with first the story and then a bulletpoint step of how the quest would progress.
* Visit Rhilas and learn about your battlerage abilities.
* Once you prove that you can use your battlerage, he asks you to defeat Pieranotzu, the dreaded rat beneath the newbie lands.
* Visit a ratman in any ofthe cities to learn about the giant rat and his burrow. Hmm, rats like cheese!
* Visit Blaan, he farms sheep in Lodi, and has some cheese.
* Find a burrow hole and place the cheese down, this is sure to lure a rat out.
* At midnight a rat appears, takes the cheese and darts back in, the entry to the burrow is now accessible.
* Head in to the burrow, kill the first wave of rats to open the way to the "throne room"
* Kill the rest of the rats until Pieranotzu gets angry enough to defend his subjects, and appears.
* Kill the king himself and take his corpse back to Rhilas!
One entry per person, please!