Ironbeard!

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2012
    Just got a pocketbelt with 79 steel, 36 obsidian, 84 iron, 35 purple ink, 21 gold ink, and 61 coal.

It's no artefact, but not a bad haul!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Out of curiosity, when does Ironbeard usually disappear? Last day or the OOC Month? New Years?
  • Sigils.

Is sort of coincidental, was just looking for orb sigils and found the shop fresh out, looked to another and they were way overpriced, and  ta-dah! He pops in!

• Right, I'm so hunting all xmas day in the US, then I'd better get some Ironbeard loot! :P

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• 11k earlier today (while I was gathering cooking stuff...)

And 8 lifestones just now *drool*
    meh

• Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    It has 2 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 22 pounds.
    A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
    "monolith sigil349070"                  a monolith sigil
    "sigil349072"                           an eye sigil
    "sigil349094"                           an orb sigil
    "sigil349097"                           an orb sigil
    "sigil349117"                           a mushroom sigil
    "sigil349118"                           a cube sigil
    "sigil349142"                           an orb sigil
    "sigil349146"                           a knife sigil
    "sigil349160"                           a mushroom sigil
    "sigil349262"                           a knife sigil
    "sigil349263"                           a cube sigil
    "key sigil349309"                       a key-shaped sigil
    "sigil349377"                           a cube sigil
    "key sigil349469"                       a key-shaped sigil
    "fist349478"                            a fist-shaped sigil
    "sigil349482"                           a cube sigil
    2358 gold sovereigns.
  • Ironbeard baked me a cake shaped like Oppression.
  • Tvistor said:
    Ironbeard baked me a cake shaped like Oppression.
    That is a good idea for a recipe. Though not suitable for Arlanda's RP. Contact your friendly Mhaldorian chef
  • @Tvistor that would balance out the awful tragedy of there being Kotyonok-shaped pie out there somewhere.

• Any Mhaldorian who actually designs an IG cake shaped like Oppression clearly needs to feel Oppression's hand a great deal more.

That said, this cake shaped like Suffering is quite good. @Tvistor can actually bake.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I can only do brownies. :(

And honestly I had help with those or they wouldn't have turned out edible.
  • Bah! he hasn't come to me yet...

:( im a sad panda
  • 3193h, 3691m, 14400e, 16948w cexkdb-0 0 0 0
    You give a flagon to Ironbeard the Magnanimous.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous downs the ale in one gulp, leaving a few flecks of foam in his scruffy grey beard.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "Thazk yyou, Thaum *hic* asy, thhat suree hits thh xpppot!"
    3193h, 3691m, 14400e, 16948w cexkdb-0 0 0 0
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous downs the ale in one gulp, leaving a few flecks of foam in his scruffy grey beard.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "Thank yyou, ThaauhUmasHh, thakt suR *hic* t hItts shE s *hic* pot!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "Mhankk you, Thaumas, that *hic*  surl hits the spooot!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "Thank youh, Thhaumasss, that suue hitts TheE spot!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "Dhank yoe, ThAum *hic *hic* * assh,, that ssuure hItsh thhe spot!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "THankk yous Tthaumash, tttggt suRe hits the spot!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "ThAnk you, *hic*  Thauhaash, t *hIc* Hat sure hiits tthe spot!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "Tghhannnk you, Thaumas, thaaT sure hits the spott!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "Thank yyou, vhaumas, thrt sshuhrt rids Hhe sPot!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "ThanK you, Thaummas, thAt shhyhre hmmts tthe shppot!"
    You hold no "ale".
    You hold no "ale".

10k, but at least this time I didn't get sigils.
    Cake of Suffering
  • Lol'd at Tvistor's last post just for the deathsight.

• GOD DAMN IT. WHY IRONBEARD? I MADE SURE THEY WERE ALL DEAD BEFORE I STARTED THE AUTOPSIES THIS YEAR. SURELY THAT WARRENTS SOMETHING? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?
  • Making sure they were dead by killing them might be your problem, @Tahquil.
  • FINALLY.

4336h, 4070m cexkb-14:28:25:278
    The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the
    undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard
    the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
    With a jolly twinkle in his eye, Ironbeard the Magnanimous pronounces, "Here's
    a little something to make this happy occasion just a little happier for you,
    Jiraishin."
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a giftbag!
    4336h, 4070m cexkb-14:28:25:532
    You thank Ironbeard the Magnanimous profusely.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous exclaims, "No need to than *hic* k me! Thank *hic* 
    th *hic* e Godss foR *h *hic* ic*  Their gifb of lafe!"
    4336h, 4070m cexkb-14:28:30:728
    Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy
    metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every
    movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across
    the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall,
    square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior
    concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material
    forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    29663 gold sovereigns.

• Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric
    of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully
    applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a
    tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by
    shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag,
    ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    57442 gold sovereigns.

Aww, now it feels like Christmas!

• Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric 
    of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully 
    applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a 
    tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by 
    shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, 
    ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    24538 gold sovereigns.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    I got a second visit! 5000 gold and a few vials.
  • Made a new character yesterday, hunted a bunch till past Level 8 and eventually hunted some more today, read House scrolls and went through the Orientation, Slept a bunch, did some other stuff. Thats all playing normally, right? Still no visit from Ironbeard... :(
  • seconding the query as to when he stops. I've been ill and not ig much.

• I've been ingame hunting, extracting, RPing for quite a bit. It's bullshit that someone who is basically AFK most of the time gets 5 visits and I get none. I'm angry, So angry. ANGRY.
  • Tahquil said:
    I've been ingame hunting, extracting, RPing for quite a bit. It's bullshit that someone who is basically AFK most of the time gets 5 visits and I get none. I'm angry, So angry. ANGRY.
    Eh, I have been active a lot, doing actual stuff too during the events, and no visits... I just figure it's most likely going to be junk vials or a bit of gold anyway, no sense getting too stressed over it.

• Tahquil said:
    I've been ingame hunting, extracting, RPing for quite a bit. It's bullshit that someone who is basically AFK most of the time gets 5 visits and I get none. I'm angry, So angry. ANGRY.
    Really? Because I have been both ways now, alternately being active doing stuff, and being a little AFK sometimes, and haven't had a single visit either...
  • Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
    "sigil460027"                           a knife sigil
    "monolith sigil467970"                  a monolith sigil
    "sigil467972"                           an eye sigil
    "sigil467980"                           a mushroom sigil
    "sigil467981"                           a cube sigil
    "monolith sigil467983"                  a monolith sigil
    "sigil467990"                           a mushroom sigil
    "sigil467992"                           a knife sigil
    "sigil467993"                           a knife sigil
    "sigil467997"                           a knife sigil
    "monolith sigil467999"                  a monolith sigil
    "sigil468014"                           a cube sigil
    "sigil468023"                           an eye sigil
    "sigil468025"                           a cube sigil
    "sigil468026"                           an eye sigil
    "sigil468031"                           a mushroom sigil
    "sigil468034"                           a cube sigil
    "key sigil468036"                       a key-shaped sigil
    "monolith sigil468038"                  a monolith sigil
    2952 gold sovereigns.

I've been back for Achaea for four days and got a giftbag on each. This must be a sign.

^_^
  • Yeah no visit for me either. Oh well.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."