Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Lagua and you.

ArmaliArmali Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
When disemboweling, the game only checks your RIGHT HAND for a runeblade. It doesn't check your left hand.

SnB knights, wield your sword in your right hand when you dsb.

2h knights, swap out your bastard for a shortsword and wield it in your right hand.

DWC knights, you're good. Rock on.

That's all.
DochithaShirszaeExelethril

Comments

• AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,562 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Nice to finally know what's causing it. This seems like a bug that should be fixed pretty much immediately, people shouldn't need to do weird shit with wielding weapons to work around it.

ShirszaeExelethrilKresslack
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,020 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This is interesting. Not in game now to check, but why should I DSB with a shortsword instead of my bastard? I assume because 2H doesn’t register as being wielded in a particular hand? 

Would it realistically make a difference?

Also, as Antonius said, this needs to be fixed ASAP. 
    Sobriquet said:
    This is interesting. Not in game now to check, but why should I DSB with a shortsword instead of my bastard? I assume because 2H doesn’t register as being wielded in a particular hand? 

Would it realistically make a difference?

Also, as Antonius said, this needs to be fixed ASAP. 
    Two handed weapons are wielded in both hands, so they don't count as left or right. You don't need a proficiency to impale as far as I know so it doesn't have to be a shortsword. Any one-handed sword that can be turned into a runeblade would work.
    Sobriquet
  • VulmarVulmar Member Posts: 12
    I find it odd that the game uses the right hand weapon for disembowel when it as far as I'm aware it will use your left arm first in every case I know of. Fairly certain the sword in the left hand comes first when dsling.
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,927 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    Two handed weapons are wielded in both hands, so they don't count as left or right.
    In a lot of cases two-handed things seem to be wielded in the left hand. For an easy to see example, they show up in your left hand on II.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,009 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I am torn between just hoping this gets fixed quickly or write a workaround to it that I'll have to delete after.

@Makarios

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Aziik
  • RegiRegi Member Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    been wielding my shortsword in my right hand and tower in left for aesthetic purposes this whole fucking time  B)

Caelan
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 4,725 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wield shield sword ftw. I’m right handed irl, always seemed practical to me. 

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • AccipiterAccipiter Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Atalkez said:
    Wield shield sword ftw. I’m right handed irl, always seemed practical to me. 
    Also I like to think that it is easier to put on a shield without holding a sword than to draw a sword while wielding a shield.
    Atalkez
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,295 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Thanks for solving this, @Armali. I've apparently been left-wielding since.. the implementation of SnB :/ 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,285 @ - Epic Achaean
    Thanks for solving this, @Armali. I've apparently been left-wielding since.. the implementation of SnB :/ 
    And you are killing everyone without lagua...
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,194 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bored at work and reading old posts: did this ever get fixed? 
    Liyane
  • AesgarAesgar Member Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Not sure if this is part of it but:

[Odds and Ends]
         scimitar389935 a vicious, Mhaldorian scimitar                  2    9000gp
                        Dmg:  54;  To-hit: 164;  Spd: 233

6226h, 4575m, 27700e, 19825w exkdb-get gold from pack
    You get 17174 gold sovereigns from a canvas backpack.
    6226h, 4575m, 27700e, 19825w exkdb-buy scimitar
    You pay 9000 sovereigns and receive a vicious, Mhaldorian scimitar.
    6226h, 4575m, 27700e, 19825w exkdb-buy scimitar
    You pay 9000 sovereigns and receive a vicious, Mhaldorian scimitar.

After empowering:

Weapon                                Dmg      To-hit      Speed       Months  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    scimitar389935                        54       164         233         60
    scimitar390597                        52       165         232         60

The one in my left hand got slower :(
    Been a while since I bought weapons from a shop, but pretty sure stats aren't taken into account when grouping up on WARES. First one has bonus points on damage and speed, second has a bonus point on to-hit. It didn't get slower because you empowered it.
    Aesgar
  • AesgarAesgar Member Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Antonius said:
    Been a while since I bought weapons from a shop, but pretty sure stats aren't taken into account when grouping up on WARES. First one has bonus points on damage and speed, second has a bonus point on to-hit. It didn't get slower because you empowered it.
    Ahhh. Weapons should be sorted by stats :( That's misleading!
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,020 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I tested this today and it didn't seem to make any difference. I had exactly the same DSB damage on the same victim with my Bastardsword, and a longsword in both left and right hand. 
    Zekeros
    Aesgar said:
    Antonius said:
    Ahhh. Weapons should be sorted by stats :( That's misleading!
    The bonus points are pretty irrelevant, and you can't stock artefacts, so it's not really worth it.
Sign In to Comment.