Lagua and you.

When disemboweling, the game only checks your RIGHT HAND for a runeblade. It doesn't check your left hand.

SnB knights, wield your sword in your right hand when you dsb.

2h knights, swap out your bastard for a shortsword and wield it in your right hand.

DWC knights, you're good. Rock on.

That's all.

Comments

• Nice to finally know what's causing it. This seems like a bug that should be fixed pretty much immediately, people shouldn't need to do weird shit with wielding weapons to work around it.

• This is interesting. Not in game now to check, but why should I DSB with a shortsword instead of my bastard? I assume because 2H doesn’t register as being wielded in a particular hand? 

Would it realistically make a difference?

Also, as Antonius said, this needs to be fixed ASAP. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    This is interesting. Not in game now to check, but why should I DSB with a shortsword instead of my bastard? I assume because 2H doesn’t register as being wielded in a particular hand? 

Would it realistically make a difference?

Also, as Antonius said, this needs to be fixed ASAP. 
    Two handed weapons are wielded in both hands, so they don't count as left or right. You don't need a proficiency to impale as far as I know so it doesn't have to be a shortsword. Any one-handed sword that can be turned into a runeblade would work.
  • I find it odd that the game uses the right hand weapon for disembowel when it as far as I'm aware it will use your left arm first in every case I know of. Fairly certain the sword in the left hand comes first when dsling.
  • Antonius said:
    Two handed weapons are wielded in both hands, so they don't count as left or right.
    In a lot of cases two-handed things seem to be wielded in the left hand. For an easy to see example, they show up in your left hand on II.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am torn between just hoping this gets fixed quickly or write a workaround to it that I'll have to delete after.

@Makarios

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• been wielding my shortsword in my right hand and tower in left for aesthetic purposes this whole fucking time  B)

• Wield shield sword ftw. I’m right handed irl, always seemed practical to me. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Wield shield sword ftw. I’m right handed irl, always seemed practical to me. 
    Also I like to think that it is easier to put on a shield without holding a sword than to draw a sword while wielding a shield.
  • Thanks for solving this, @Armali. I've apparently been left-wielding since.. the implementation of SnB :/ 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Thanks for solving this, @Armali. I've apparently been left-wielding since.. the implementation of SnB :/ 
    And you are killing everyone without lagua...
  • Bored at work and reading old posts: did this ever get fixed? 
  • Not sure if this is part of it but:

[Odds and Ends]
         scimitar389935 a vicious, Mhaldorian scimitar                  2    9000gp
                        Dmg:  54;  To-hit: 164;  Spd: 233

6226h, 4575m, 27700e, 19825w exkdb-get gold from pack
    You get 17174 gold sovereigns from a canvas backpack.
    6226h, 4575m, 27700e, 19825w exkdb-buy scimitar
    You pay 9000 sovereigns and receive a vicious, Mhaldorian scimitar.
    6226h, 4575m, 27700e, 19825w exkdb-buy scimitar
    You pay 9000 sovereigns and receive a vicious, Mhaldorian scimitar.

After empowering:

Weapon                                Dmg      To-hit      Speed       Months  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    scimitar389935                        54       164         233         60
    scimitar390597                        52       165         232         60

The one in my left hand got slower :(
  • Been a while since I bought weapons from a shop, but pretty sure stats aren't taken into account when grouping up on WARES. First one has bonus points on damage and speed, second has a bonus point on to-hit. It didn't get slower because you empowered it.
  • Antonius said:
    Been a while since I bought weapons from a shop, but pretty sure stats aren't taken into account when grouping up on WARES. First one has bonus points on damage and speed, second has a bonus point on to-hit. It didn't get slower because you empowered it.
    Ahhh. Weapons should be sorted by stats :( That's misleading!
  • I tested this today and it didn't seem to make any difference. I had exactly the same DSB damage on the same victim with my Bastardsword, and a longsword in both left and right hand. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Aesgar said:
    Antonius said:
    Been a while since I bought weapons from a shop, but pretty sure stats aren't taken into account when grouping up on WARES. First one has bonus points on damage and speed, second has a bonus point on to-hit. It didn't get slower because you empowered it.
    Ahhh. Weapons should be sorted by stats :( That's misleading!
    The bonus points are pretty irrelevant, and you can't stock artefacts, so it's not really worth it.