The Chaos Wedding

The skies above the Seat of Chaos darken, tendrils of cerulean light dancing across the firmament.

Spiralling towards the south, they trail a panoply of glittering stars behind them, flickering with myriad colours.

Images flash through your mind, ephemeral and ethereal as they trace visions of deep translucent pools, a grand rectangular chamber continually shifting and glistening with an unctuous substance, bubbling lakes of fire, and an advancing hooded figure.

Silently beckoning to you with a bejewelled finger, the figure chuckles darkly within your mind.

You watch as the air north of New Thera bursts asunder, opening into a gaping black void that begins to issue forth an eerie blue light. As twisted stone solidifies into a humming archway, you hear a faint echo within your mind: "The door is open. Our invitation stands."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "Are all gathered, or must we await the wanderers also?"

*bunch of players talking*

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "Herald, will you fetch the groom? A shove ought to do the trick, I think."

Haldoran stalks in from the down, fiery wings flared.

Haldoran La'Saen hangs from his bonds, but musters enough to raise his head. The groom glances about the chamber, meeting your eyes with his defeated but accusatory stare.

The hounds of Lycantha lift their muzzles to the churning skies and bay in hellish chorus, joyously signalling the capture of the prey and the arrival of the bride with their discordant howls.

The ancient figure of Hecate arrives amid a torrent of green mist.

Tendrils of green mist enshroud the figure of Hecate, coalescing into an eerie penumbra flecked with sickly white hues. Though she commands a height of at least eight feet, she stands hunched in a stoop. Her gargantuan bulk is cloaked in an unusual wedding gown, the garment's black lace and red silk design at once brazen and vivacious, flowing along the crooked contours of her body to fall beside a pair of dazzling slippers decorated with glittering rubies. Gnarled, bony hands clasp a silver bouquet, decorated with the severed head of Daeir Wintermourne amid the dazzling array of diamond drops. A sheer carmine veil covers her head, revealing little of her face beside rheumy eyes and a toothless mouth twisted into a grin with little mirth and ample malice.

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant surreptitiously snaps his fingers and his Thrall scuttles to crouch at the feet of the officiant.

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "Court, minions of Chaos, our allies in Ashtan, and those brave enough to join us here today, allow me to extend the welcome of the Court of Chaos to you all."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "My apologies, Mother Hecate, you must be eager for this to be over so that you may move onto the enjoyable part."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "The dead Goddess Selene would no doubt have expanded on how love transcends all barriers, be they cultural, racial, or even planar. But we are not gathered here to witness love this day."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant exclaims, "This day is a triumph!"

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "This day we shall declare Hecate victorious, and bind her chosen to her side."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "With this act we assure an exciting future for the progeny of Chaos as the La'Saen line become included into the thrall pool."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "Mother of Crones, our bride this day. Do you have anything prepared for your groom?"

Hecate, Mother of Crones exclaims, "The cauldron is hot and stoked and our litters will be magnificent!"

Hecate, Mother of Crones lewdly licks her lips, slaver glistening upon her chin.

Hecate, Mother of Crones says, "Give thanks to the Righteous Fire, for without Him our legion would be merely a figment of imagination and the wet dredging of a lonely crone."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant offers Haldoran a bemused smile but no retort and returns his attention to the hunched figure.

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "Then the time for formality arrives."

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant draws a rusted chain of iron from the folds of his cloak and wraps one end about Hecate's wrinkled wrist.

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant says, "Hecate, Mother of Crones, Womb of Chaos! Do you take Haldoran La'Saen for your own?"

You see Hecate, Mother of Crones shout, "I claim Haldoran La'Saen from Conflagration! What fire he has now is mine!"

You see Hecate, Mother of Crones shout, "Henceforth, Haldoran, the Consort That Is!"

Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant cannot help but chuckle as he extends the chain, resting the corroded links over the trembling atavian's hand.

A bright light begins radiating from the skies above, the very air suddenly imbued with sweltering heat and the unmistakable sense of incandescent, Divine fury.

The firmament ignites, the skies buckling beneath the unbridled fury of the Divine Conflagration and a calescent heat sweeping throughout Creation as He marches to battle upon the Chaos Plane.

The Justice That Is stalks across the twisted landscape, His form completely obscured by the hungering Flame writhing across His body as it lazily coils outward, reducing His surroundings to ashen rubble with each lashing touch.

Shrieks of gibbering, crazed terror abruptly fall silent, chaotic lives cut short in His Righteous passing to leave naught but cinders and smoke in His wake.

A violent trembling overtakes the plane as the Righteous Fire arrives at His destination, observing the scene before Him with the unblinking intensity of His aureate gaze.

The earth shudders beneath your feet, the ground growing hot with the echoed fury of the Lord Deucalion.

Hecate, Mother of Crones barks a harsh crescendo of mocking laughter.

Hecate, Mother of Crones exclaims, "You are too late, Deucalion. Haldoran is mine now!"

Palpatar belches serenely as he watches the unfolding spectacle, tossing minute eggs into his ever hungry maw.

Ignoring the chatter around Him, the Righteous Fire focuses His attention solely on Haldoran La'Saen, his broken form gasping for breath as he trembles before his God.

A single moment of clarity drifts through Haldoran's broken eyes as he raises them from the ground to look full in the face of the Divine Conflagration.

A single whispered rasp escapes the broken form of Haldoran La'Saen. "Please," he begs.

Deucalion's gaze softens ever so slightly. His Flame coils outward, encircling Haldoran's chained form with fiery purpose and leaving you a frozen tableau in this final scene.

Something approaching relief crosses Haldoran's countenance as he closes his eyes for the last time.

Almost gently, the Flame closes in upon Haldoran. His body seems to swell beneath its heat, ravaged form growing tall as it transforms once more into an atavian, his gleaming armour shimmering with reflected firelight as he stands strong once more, whole at last in union with his God. A smile crosses his face as the Flame presses in, reducing him to a fine ash whirling in a brief storm before it, too, is burned away, leaving nothing in its wake.

A snarl of pure, vicious malice tears its way free of Hecate's throat as she wheels to face the Lord Deucalion.

You see Hecate, Mother of Crones shout, "You dare steal my prize from me! He was MINE!"

His face thunderous and eyes burning with a nimbus of coruscating fire, The Justice That Is reaches out to grasp the face of Hecate. His burning Hand blazes into white-hot heat brighter than the sun as she shrieks in unimaginable pain, falling backwards to thrash wildly upon the ground. Leaving the Crone Queen to writhe and weep in ever-burning agony, the Divine Conflagration whirls in a fury of Primordial Flame to face the gathered congregation.

Haldoran La'Saen has been immolated by the cleansing flame of the Righteous Fire.

Pyradius scurries backwards in search of cover, but his retreat is halted by a tendril of Flame. Snapping closed about his leg, the Firelord shrieks as the appendage is severed by the burning lash and collapses to the ground, frantically continuing his retreat from the presence of true Fire with a scuttling crawl.

The snapping and baying of hounds turn to howls of pain as they attempt to flee and are devoured in an instant by a wall of fire, erupting from the earth by the will of the Righteous Fire.

A hound of Lycanthus has been immolated by the Righteous Fire.

You see Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant shout, "You dare strike at my Court?!"

Ignoring the Eldritch Ascendant, the Righteous Fire turns His Divine gaze upon Cadmus, shuffling toward the exit. An intricate net of razor-like Flame snaps closed about the left side of his body, taking his arm and part of his torso in the blink of an eye to scatter burning chunks of the Cursed Shaman across the blasted rock.

Squealing in abject terror, Skyrax, the Skyscourge blinks out of existence, a vague streak of light the only signal of his rapid retreat as he abandons the battlefield.

A blazing fireball roils forth across the congregation, leaving ash and death in its wake as it closes upon Xenophage. With a sneer of contempt transforming into a twisted snarl, he spreads his hands wide, rings gleaming as the flame vanishes into a rift of swirling cerulean light.

Fire churns across the firmament as a roiling fireball explodes from within a swirling cerulean rift, momentarily gaping wide to emit its burning passenger before it winks out of existence.

Chaotic scrambling erupts, The Justice That Is standing with His feet planted in the heart of the tumult. Cable-like ropes of incandescent fire strike out from His form in all directions as the various thralls and members of the court flee the Divine wrath of the Fire God.

Primordial Flame batters against a rising shield of karmic light, enshrouding the form of Arctar as he holds his ground before the unrelenting assault. The web of Fire seems almost to strain before spiralling violently upwards into the skies above as the shield splinters, deflecting the blow.

A roiling wave of sickly green light tears into the incandescent aura of the Divine Conflagration, forcing a single step backwards from the Righteous Fire as a diseased light rakes Him across His midsection. Deucalion snaps His gaze around to confront the Eater of Souls as an expression half-victorious and half-surprised crosses the face of the Chaos Lord.

You see Imperator Glaaki, the Eldritch Ascendant shout, "To me, my Great Lords. Today we end this Justice that meddles."

Twisted auras of karmic light rise once more about the form of the Defender, intensifying to even greater heights than before as they expand outward to cloak the Eldritch Ascendant, Jy'Barrak Dameron, and the Eater of Souls. Flickers of uncertainty cross the face of the Hand, only to be replaced by a grim, worried expression as violet light wreathes his clenched fists.

The Imperator stands without fear, rage twisting his face into a snarling rictus as the violet aura enshrouding him intensifies further and he begins to stride towards the Righteous Fire, his Hand at his right and the Defender upon his left as a shield.

Straightening at the challenge and planting His feet once more, Primordial Flame surges in intensity around Deucalion's form, obscuring His features entirely as it flares into blinding incandescence once more. The air shudders, energy building with pulsing ferocity in each passing moment.

Comments

• I'm fairly sure that's all of it, but there were some mass evictions from Xenophage throwing everybody out of the room due to timeout or something, so I may have missed a few things at a couple of points.
  • Here it is in living color: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/unU5ayi_

I got there late but still worth the color

• When Lorielan and Sartan are agreeing with one another...then you know shit is bad....
  • Did not wake up in time for this, but holy shit Deucalion was SUCH a badass.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I feel for Kyrra, who I know put in a load of effort to sort things out for a wedding, only to have it stomped all over.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

• Lorielan, the Jade Empress says, "...consider there is more to this than simply what You wish to do. Will You abandon Your duty yet again?"
    Deucalion stiffens at Her words, jerking back slightly as if stung. With a final baleful glance at His surroundings and a tight, predatory smile in Glaaki's direction, He disappears in a surge of Flame and ash.

This bit. I need to know!!

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Lorielan, the Jade Empress says, "...consider there is more to this than simply what You wish to do. Will You abandon Your duty yet again?"
    Deucalion stiffens at Her words, jerking back slightly as if stung. With a final baleful glance at His surroundings and a tight, predatory smile in Glaaki's direction, He disappears in a surge of Flame and ash.

This bit. I need to know!!

• I just assumed she was talking about Death's Heart. Deuc was gone for a long time.
  • I don't know that story :(

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Farrah said:
    I just assumed she was talking about Death's Heart. Deuc was gone for a long time.
    This plus the comment Ugrach made back when he took over makes me think there's more to the story.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited October 2017
    I swear if big event is killing Deuc again I'll never buy another credit. :( (Which is if course not true, need moar)

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I think mostly He was ready to burn everything and go out with it if needed.  Something else Big is happening so He can't do that.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I'm pretty sure she means he abandoned his duty by dying the first time. I'm kind of surprised people missed that he's died before tbh.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I have to say, I very much enjoy  Tlalaiad coming and going around and interacting with the other gods. He has been scarce, but I've loved his characterisation so far. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Kiet said:
    I'm pretty sure she means he abandoned his duty by dying the first time. I'm kind of surprised people missed that he's died before tbh.
    Sartan, Lord of Evil says to Deucalion, "At some point you will need to curb this unending need to sacrifice yourself for these mortals.
  • Kiet said:
    I'm pretty sure she means he abandoned his duty by dying the first time. I'm kind of surprised people missed that he's died before tbh.

That's what I just said, though...
  • Don't forget that pact eluded to between Sartan and Deucalion during the Targ/Mhaldor war shenanigans. 
  • Aye, obviously knew about the previous death. Though there was more to it. -shrug-

• Farrah said:
    Kiet said:

That's what I just said, though...
    I'm agreeing with you, but people still trying to interpret it otherwise!
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    edited October 2017
    All previous complaints aside, I do think the wedding holds some significant possibilities. 1. What is Deucalion's duty? Does Sartan's pact with Deucalion go deeper? 2. Just how powerful is the Court? Are the gods worried about a potential Court Coup? 3. Will Deucalion try to strike back? His grin was pretty gnarly. 

Edit:

Also, Hecate straight up looks like two-face right now. Is she old enough that this will not affect her personality? Or will she be full-on two face?
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Oh my god

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • @Achaean Staff

Well Done! I know I have constantly been a negative nancy but I got to give credit where credit is due. 
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    edited October 2017
    Krypton said:
    Pazuzu at the height of his power (Chaos Wars) wielded God-level power in the Inferno, and was "nearly God-like" on Nishnatoba -- Matsuhama and Aegis could only just subdue him.

That he was overthrown by Golgotha was overthrown by Glaaki puts Glaaki pretty solidly at God-level, without actually being Divine.
    This was why Glaaki’s power was unsurprising to Jinsun icly. Jin knew Glaaki when he was still in hiding and Glaaki forbid Jin from saying Glaaki or Golgotha’s name aloud for fear that -just the power of either name- would pinpoint his location in Creation before Ashtan was ready to fight Golgotha. Then Glaaki triple truenamed Golgotha. To a lot of people that seems like a cop out. To Jin, it’s not, and here’s why. Ever triple truenamed a priest? They laugh it off. That is with mortal power. Jin still isn’t scared of priests, but with simple, mortal ability they can survive his truenames. Also, he can’t remember a true name for more than a few months (my guess is due to the strain of retaining such dark and potent information, this isn’t simply a word, it’s a hidden power, a weakness that is a true burden to carry). Glaaki carried the knowledge of Golgotha’s Truename which I think just knowing it would evaporate a mortal, he carried that shit for millenia and who knows what Glaaki did to retain such dire information?! There was talk on CT about what would happen if targ intervened, and everyone agreed that they’d be pretty swiftly eviscerated. In Jin’s mind, Glaaki was powerful enough to potentially kill Deucalion alone if he put forth significant effort. To Jin, Glaaki has been god tier since he bitchslapped an emperor of a plane who had lolstomped Pazuzu. Not only did he stomp Golgotha he made him the court bitch which, if you know Golgotha, is more than just chaining him up. Gogoltha knows who is king.
  • You know, that's cool you know he's super strong and all but maybe this display of was for those who did not yet know. Maybe it wasn't an "Hey Ashtan, look how strong I/We am/are!" but more of a story telling muscle flex for the benefit of the rest of the world to know as well.
  • Tahquil said:
    You know, that's cool you know he's super strong and all but maybe this display of was for those who did not yet know. Maybe it wasn't an "Hey Ashtan, look how strong I/We am/are!" but more of a story telling muscle flex for the benefit of the rest of the world to know as well.
    Totally. Glad you all got learnt.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    I don't really think this thread is the best one to migrate the rants conversation over to.

But I mean, anyone who has looked into the history of Chaos should already know Glaack is God-tier (or as close as a non-Divine can get to God-tier). So, again, that's why I said elsewhere I can understand the disappointment in no-new information. I think brushing off that concern isn't fair. Just as much as it isn't fair to drag another fight into the role-play logs threads.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Not complaining or trying to fight at all. Just discussing the underlying facts known to our characters.