I cannot fathom the meaning of "pext".

Recently I made a tiny change to one of my scripted aliases so that instead of using  svo.sendc("clearalias pext::setalias pext "..xyz.."::clearqueue eqbal::queue add eqbal pext") now I use  svo.sendc("clearalias pext","setalias pext "..xyz,"clearqueue eqbal","queue add eqbal pext"). The :: is command separator configured for mudlet and not game. Now this is the output I get when I use the latter svo.sendc()

4440h, 3570m, 21098e, 17035w Ferocity: 0 cexkdb- 18 Ero 743  ||| XP: 23x
You have cleared alias "pext".
Alias "pext" will now execute: "/extract mercury/extract sulphur/extract salt"
Your eqbal queue is already empty.
[System]: Added PEXT to your eqbal queue.
[System]: Running queued eqbal command: PEXT
I cannot fathom the meaning of "pext".

And if I send "pext" by typing it in as input, the alias works. Output follows
:
4440h, 3615m, 21100e, 17041w Ferocity: 0 cexkdb- 18 Ero 743  ||| XP: 23(+45m, 1.2%) pext
You kneel and collect chunks of earth, using a strong-smelling solvent to pull a group of 2 drams of
mercury from the dirt and rock. This delicate process completed, you set the prime aside to dry.
extract sulphur was added to your balance queue.
extract salt was added to your balance queue.
:
4440h, 3565m, 21090e, 17037w Ferocity: 0 cekdb- 18 Ero 743  ||| XP: 23(-50m, 1.4%)
You have recovered balance on all limbs.
[System]: Running queued balance command: EXTRACT SULPHUR
inr all
You kneel and collect chunks of earth, using a strong-smelling solvent to pull a group of 2 pinches
of powdered sulphur from the dirt and rock. This delicate process completed, you set the prime aside
to dry.
[System]: Running queued balance command: EXTRACT SALT
inr all
extract salt was added to your balance queue.
:
4440h, 3595m, 21090e, 17033w Ferocity: 0 cekdb- 18 Ero 743  ||| XP: 23(+30m, 0.8%)
You store 2 alchemical mercury, bringing the total in the rift to 1271.
You store 2 alchemical sulphur, bringing the total in the rift to 1524.
You have stored everything in your rift that you are able.
:
4440h, 3595m, 21090e, 17033w Ferocity: 0 cekdb- 18 Ero 743  ||| XP: 23
You have nothing to store in the rift.
:
4440h, 3595m, 21090e, 17033w Ferocity: 0 cekdb- 18 Ero 743  ||| XP: 23
You have recovered balance on all limbs.
[System]: Running queued balance command: EXTRACT SALT
inr all
You kneel and collect chunks of earth, using a strong-smelling solvent to pull a group of 3 salt
crystals from the dirt and rock. This delicate process completed, you set the prime aside to dry.
:
4440h, 3575m, 21090e, 17029w Ferocity: 0 cekdb- 18 Ero 743  ||| XP: 23(-20m, 0.6%)
(svof):
Done collecting. Harvest: 2 of mercury, 3 of salt and 2 of sulphur
You store 3 alchemical salt, bringing the total in the rift to 1661.
You have stored everything in your rift that you are able.

I cannot tell if this is a thing with svo.sendc, mudlet or the game, though I do get feedback from game for the commands sent. The reason I also doubt svo.sendc and mudlet is because earlier today one of my bashing alias sent output as expected but the game kept appending the queue add eqbal part with '}'. I fixed that by making the minor change I mentioned at the beginning of the post and ran into the problem I am posting here. Any help? I hope this is not an issue with svof, as I am starting to like it.

Best Answers

• edited May 2017 Accepted Answer
    All right, I think I found a possible problem. I am guessing svo.sendc combines all the commands into a game alias and such alias cannot call another alias in game, hence I get the error message as the game does not know any command called pext. If that's the case, this is not a bug and I can just change the arguments to svo.sendc.

Edit: My guess is based on the result of trying to alias another alias using setalias (example: setalias <somealias> <anotheralias>) and it gives me the same error message.

Edit2: I cannot mark this an answer to the question, so first response gets the honor. Thank you, Antonious! :)

Answers

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Did that happen more than once?

Very, very seldomly, the server "forgets" an alias exists. Usually only happens once in a row.
  • Antonius said:
    What if you set the alias to a series of commands that don't start with "/"? (i.e. extract mercury/extract sulphur/extract salt rather than /extract mercury/extract sulphur/extract salt)
    Tried it with same result. It works if I send it separately using a tempTimer so it follows after svo.sendc

Krypton said:

Very, very seldomly, the server "forgets" an alias exists. Usually only happens once in a row.

Yeah, I know about this. It used to happen on rare occasions before I went dormant. But this time I get the same message for every use of the mudlet alias. I made a test alias to check if this was an issue with just that one alias. Well, the same thing happened with test alias also.

You have cleared alias "prr".
    Alias "prr" will now execute: "qw/ih/qsc/stand firm"
    Your eqbal queue is already empty.
    [System]: Added PRR to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: PRR
    I cannot fathom the meaning of "prr".
    :
    4710h, 3600m, 22450e, 17050w Ferocity: 0 cexkdb- 25 Ero 743  ||| XP: 24(-15m, 0.4%)

On the other hand, if there is a prompt between setting an alias and using it, it works. So I am still stumped. I can file a bug report if I am sure it is not something to do with client and script.

• Krypton said:

Oh, so that is an accidental thing?

I always thought when this happened I was being AFK bashing checked, so I always responded with an emote or something. Haha.

• You're not the only one who does that, Cooper. :D
    I legit thought the same.
  • No idea what specifically Svo is doing when you call svo.sendc, but yes, in-game aliases can't call other in-game aliases. That was changed a while ago, but was possible for a long time.
  • I've had Dragonarmour randomly stripped while bashing, assume it was an afk check as well.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Atalkez said:
    I've had Dragonarmour randomly stripped while bashing, assume it was an afk check as well.
    This has gotten me killed multiple times. :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ahmet said:
    Atalkez said:
    I've had Dragonarmour randomly stripped while bashing, assume it was an afk check as well.
    This has gotten me killed multiple times. :(
    Don't bash in dragonform then, simple. :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited June 2017
    I just use sendAlls and have no issues. sendAll("cq all","setalias stuff","queue add eqbal alias")

Also gag most of the System stuff and use the same serverside alias name for every single one. No need to clear aliases anymore since setalias will overwrite it. At some point just made a function to handle the cq all and queue add whatever aliasname. Function just set the part after setalias aliasname stand/.

Example:

function aliasEqBal(aliasStuff)

sendAll("cq all","setalias whatever stand/"..aliasStuff,"queue add eqbal whatever")

end

Just made one for all the possible things I'd want to queue on and use that then setting up keys/aliases.