Tonight's live coverage

Comments

• You know a divine is badass when he picks fights wearing a tunic.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Holy shit, Deucalion! One of the original gods who wrote the first codex! Now all we need is Aurora back.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• POST FASTER, I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
  • edited December 2012
    The heavens shiver with foul portent as the rumbling voice of Babel resounds, "Amen, amen, and thrice amen, My ancient foe. Come, Our game has lingered too long, its pieces dusty and longing for Our touch."

Edit: woops, didn't check last page, guess this had already been said. Well, as an update: nothing's happened since!
  • It's a wild night in Achaea tonightttttttttttttt.

Oh and by the way, I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. With higher levels of thc and less levels of crazy.
  • Please don't smash Mhaldor. Please don't smash Mhaldor. Please don't smash Mhaldor. Please don't smash Mhaldor...
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • hey guys, let's let only @Beya post updates? the threads getting longer with side comments and stuff, and i'm sorry coz i'm guilty as well... :D
  • Shallam: The non-text version

Rakon suggested, two weeks ago, that this was going to happen.  Clearly, he is a seer of our times.
  • edited December 2012
    [It's gone quiet again. I have nothing further to report. If someone would like to volunteer to take over the logs, that'd be grand. It's 3am here, and I've got to babysit tomorrow.]

[Thanks to everyone who gave me first person scouting information! Thank you for participating and following, even while hard at work (or hardly working)]
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • Deucalion, hurry up!
  • Isn't much going on besides Mhaldor ganking anyone that goes on clouds or near NoT now.

• Han-Tolneth shouts, "People of Sapience, the time has come to rally your forces, gather your hunters."

Han-Tolneth shouts, "Gather the scattered embers of fallen Ashaxei and bring them to the crater lake 
    in the desert."

Han-Tolneth shouts, "When we have gathered enough, we can use their power to strike against their 
    foul and tainted dragon."

Han-Tolneth shouts, "It will not be swift to gather the power we require. Nor will it be easy."

You see Han-Tolneth shout, "But it is our duty."
  • edited December 2012
    So to summarise, Shallam has sunk, the refugees have found shelter in catacombs and Deucalion is here.

Excellent.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited December 2012
    Han-Tolneth shouts, "Gather the scattered embers of fallen Ashaxei and bring them to the crater lake 
    in the desert."

@Cain, they're coming at you bro
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Beya said:
    So to summarise, Shallam has sunk, the refugees have found shelter in catacombs and Deucalion is here. Time to bash.

Excellent.

• Well, @Divine, I saw the news summary on Facebook.

And after I picked my jaw up off the computer desk and read this log, I'm satisfied overall with the result. I mean if any event ever warranted an "oh, snap", it's this one. So for the didn't-see-that-coming factor, props. 

But tip for the future:
    As much as we gamers love the actual gameplay interrupted mid-fight for a shiny cinematic that we have no say in whatsoever, I think we deserve the opportunity to at least feel like we tried in this environment. (I use 'we' even though I don't play a Shallamese) I mean if nothing else, throw Shallam a couple of these to SHOOT AT BIGASSDRAGON.

Don't tell me Artemis or somebody couldn't have swept down and equipped the mortals with something more potent than awe-struck stares.

A lot of ground to cover behind the scenes, I know, but we're looking forward to every chance to do something in the heat of the moment besides "Zoinks, let's get outta here, Scoob." The pulse-pounding combat and quick-thinking is what makes normal-scale Achaea so engaging.
    So that's my two sovereigns.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Xith, I think it was more of the denizens working to save the citizens. It was abandon ship mode, from what I read/heard.
  • I had to leave a denizen I was leading to safety behind because the zom-dragon blew up the path out out of Sahart's :( RIP Isten

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    So it was all like the end of a Metroid game?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited December 2012
    Aktillum said:
    Why's it always Shallam getting blown up. We're like the red-headed stepchild of IRE games.
    Ashtan met a somewhat similar fate if I recall in Aetolia.

Also, the list of organizations I'm enemied to just got cut in half. 

• Ugh, not even halved for me. Lost about a quarter.
  • Kresslack said:
    Aktillum said:
    Why's it always Shallam getting blown up. We're like the red-headed stepchild of IRE games.
    Ashtan met a somewhat similar fate if I recall in Aetolia.

Also, the list of organizations I'm enemied to just got cut in half. 
    Thought that was Hashan?