Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

New York Meet v.2.017

AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,813 @@ - Legendary Achaean
edited October 2016 in The Wander Inn
Ok so Melodie wants us to do a NYC meet is autumn of next year, so that's a year from now so you have a WHOLE FKING YEAR to get ready for AMAZING AWESOME STUFF TO HAPPEN (That means YOU, @Saeva)!!!! Everyone's invited. EVERYONE BETTER MAKE IT!!!! There will be steak O_O
ShaydeAereidhna

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2016
    Just to clarify, he said he wanted to do another meet for the summer, I suggest the fall instead because the summer heat suuuuucks.

That said, assuming life doesn't prevent it, I will try to make it out again!
  • ZulahZulah Member Posts: 765 @ - Epic Achaean
    I might go if Im free then. Ive never met any achaeans IRL, I just order pizza for them. Im just outside NYC right now near bear mt. Should be here a few months. 
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    hurricane season meet :D i am still not allowed to enter the states for two-three more years though #pakistaniproblems

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Damn places with seasons

• RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This actually sounds interesting! Maybe 2017 will be the year I finally get off my ass and book my vacation for the east coast.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna DallasMember Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I've never been to NY. This could be fun!
    Iniar
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rangor said:
    This actually sounds interesting! Maybe 2017 will be the year I finally get off my ass and book my vacation for the east coast.
    bah. I have to get a new passport if i want to go. if you have any middle eastern or south Asian countries on your passport, America make it hard for you to get past border D:

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    Mishgul said:
    Rangor said:
    bah. I have to get a new passport if i want to go. if you have any middle eastern or south Asian countries on your passport, America make it hard for you to get past border D:
    if you start trying now, maybe you can get in? I mean.... do you need a sponsor?

Can we do like... Sushi instead of steak

MorthifCaelanQuisseElawien
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean

MorthifNataliia
    Melodie said:

Because I'm poor and.. steak is awesome but I hate paying someone $40 for a $10 piece of meat

Totally why I just went burger. Which was, in fairness, a delicious as fuck burger, even for the price tag. Don't worry, I'm sure @Aegoth will keep things on the affordable side of the spectrum! (Or we'll make sure he does)
    Morthif
    I now know places that have happy hours.... $4 drinks... and happy hour food menus with like all you can drink for 90 minutes for like $20 bucks.

Yeah... I feel super new yorker..  i went in kinda blind but now I've seen the light :)

MelodieMorthif
    $4 happy hour? That sounds awesome. Drinking in NYC is so expensive. Couldn't afford to even get within striking distance of tipsy. :(
    Melodie said:
    $4 happy hour? That sounds awesome. Drinking in NYC is so expensive. Couldn't afford to even get within striking distance of tipsy. :(
    Practice... my friend.... practice. 

Next time we shall be victorious in drunken debauchorizationity.

• PuxiPuxi Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    What about California? NYC is so far away!!
    SzanthaxThalior
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,813 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hahaha California... hahahahahahahaha
    Caelan
  • PuxiPuxi Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    We have medium rare steaks AND sushi!!
    Cali is far away for us! Well, not Szan, but the rest of us.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna DallasMember Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Cali and NYC are both far away from me and I want to visit both! But you could all make it easier for me and come to Texas. It's...sort of in the middle.
    AhmetCooper
    Puxi said:
    We have medium rare steaks AND sushi!!
    We can meet anytime.. san diego here might be in napa in a few weeks

Aegoth said:
    I went with a steakhouse in an attempt to impress you all. Now that I know I don't have to do that, or be a kind, decent host, the gloves are off. Cheap $1 slices and shitty beer for everyone!
    We were really impressed...

• AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,540 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Los Angeles, Vegas or SF and ill crash the party.
    SzanthaxHavynThaliorHalos
    Vegas sounds like a plan

Thalior
    sounds like we had fun

Szanthax said:
    Mishgul said:
    Rangor said:
    if you start trying now, maybe you can get in? I mean.... do you need a sponsor?
    I have to be interrogated as to why I was in Pakistan and who my contacts are and the names of my relatives and what I was doing at midnight on the 4th of july etc etc. It can take between 3 to 8 hours, and a couple of my uncles ended up being a few days in immigration because of it. If I didn't have pakistan mentioned in my passport they will let me through without even looking at me though. 

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Get a new passport book

• MorthifMorthif Member Posts: 1,712 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Shit in 30 days Trump might not let you in at all. 
    Szanthax
    Morthif said:
    Shit in 30 days Trump might not let you in at all. 
    If trump wins... Well I wanted to say something ridiculous... Like if he wins I'd do blank... But I realize two things. One, it doesn't really matter. Two, he'll never win.

Sign In to Comment.