Out of curiousity I booted up my account today after not touching it in ages. My character Pitrul was born on the 12th of Scarlatan, 317AF. So I ran some quick figures, I'm 405 years old, which would mean that my account was created nearly 14 years ago. I was fairly active in the Jesters for maybe the first two of those.
Tell me, what have I missed?
- Lots of new areas.
- Ships, and areas you can only get to by ship.
- Guilds turned into Houses, and then into other Houses. There are not as many Houses now as there used to be.
- Around half the Gods were killed in some big RP event.
- Shallam is gone and the new Good city is Targossas.
- Tradeskills (including new skills like Gathering and Inkmilling) and Mines.
- Icons were a thing for a while but now they're gone.
I'd say these were the most important changes.
There are also new classes, (Alchemist, especially,) and some classes are heavily aligned with a particular City; only Hashan and Cyrene don't have one or more class specifically associated with it. Infernals and Apostates are Mhaldor-only, Paladin and Priest are Targossas only, Occultist is Ashtan only, and the three Forestal classes are Eleusis only. You can to some extent be one, as Citiless. Tradeskills exclusively associated with classes, such as Forging and Enchanting, are now general skills, and Forging has been heavily modified. Natural cures and Alchemic cures do the same thing but are alternatives to each other. Also, Cities have been aligned heavily with a particular philosophy and there is more of a "for itself" in Cities than before.
I am probably forgetting a ton of things.