Just stumbled back into this...

edited September 2016 in North of Thera
Out of curiousity I booted up my account today after not touching it in ages. My character Pitrul was born on the 12th of Scarlatan, 317AF. So I ran some quick figures, I'm 405 years old, which would mean that my account was created nearly 14 years ago. I was fairly active in the Jesters for maybe the first two of those. 
Tell me, what have I missed?

Comments

• Pitrul said:
    Out of curiousity I booted up my account today after not touching it in ages. My character Pitrul was born on the 12th of Scarlatan, 317AF. So I ran some quick figures, I'm 405 years old, which would mean that my account was created nearly 14 years ago. I was fairly active in the Jesters for maybe the first two of those. 
    Tell me, what have I missed?
    ....a lot...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Pretty much nothing actually, it's been very quiet...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Comparing your character's age with mine, you created your account around May 2003, so 13 years instead of 14. You missed:

- Lots of new areas.
     - Ships, and areas you can only get to by ship.
     - Guilds turned into Houses, and then into other Houses. There are not as many Houses now as there used to be.
     - Around half the Gods were killed in some big RP event.
     - Shallam is gone and the new Good city is Targossas.
     - Tradeskills (including new skills like Gathering and Inkmilling) and Mines.
     - Icons were a thing for a while but now they're gone.

I'd say these were the most important changes.
  • edited September 2016
    Furthermore...

There are also new classes, (Alchemist, especially,) and some classes are heavily aligned with a particular City; only Hashan and Cyrene don't have one or more class specifically associated with it. Infernals and Apostates are Mhaldor-only, Paladin and Priest are Targossas only, Occultist is Ashtan only, and the three Forestal classes are Eleusis only. You can to some extent be one, as Citiless. Tradeskills exclusively associated with classes, such as Forging and Enchanting, are now general skills, and Forging has been heavily modified. Natural cures and Alchemic cures do the same thing but are alternatives to each other. Also, Cities have been aligned heavily with a particular philosophy and there is more of a "for itself" in Cities than before.

I am probably forgetting a ton of things.
  • You can be an occultist in Hashan too tho iirc 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The world is now overrun with people's small animals.
  • Ashtan and Hashan share Occultist, therefore neither city has it's own class.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud