Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Future implementation of pet auctions similar to Auction 13

SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
Hi there,

Very simple suggestion but I think one that'll work out better for Auctions than a minipet: offer a Package Pet instead, maybe with some unusual custom add-ons. Auctions tend to be pricey, but they also seem to be premised on the concept of uniqueness. A well-made pet of any sort is unique; sadly, mini-pets just aren't. Auctioning off a minipet seems to be minor, and a package pet with some extra auctions is more in the spirit of auctions... I remember at some point there was a artefact pet auctioned off with additional Eagle Wings effect. I think if this is implemented, give an option not normally available for pets, such as an in-game relationship with a similar denizen (this is normally not allowed) or a very strong connection to a particular Divine, which would make Order members of all sorts leap on the auction.

Thank you for reading my idea.
KezAralaya

Comments

  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect itMember Posts: 1,743 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The idea of auctioning a pet with special abilities is fine, but I would say no to the connection to a Divine. Auctions are limited only by your pocket, and I wouldn't want to see, for instance, a pet snake from Keresis in the hands of a rich Targossan - and I'm sure other Orders wouldn't appreciate similar things happening to them either. That's also a tricky thing to moderate, imo, because you'd need to come up with some sort of a reason for that character to have such a special pet tied to the Divine other than 'I'm rich'. 
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

    Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs


  • SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jurixe said:
    The idea of auctioning a pet with special abilities is fine, but I would say no to the connection to a Divine. Auctions are limited only by your pocket, and I wouldn't want to see, for instance, a pet snake from Keresis in the hands of a rich Targossan - and I'm sure other Orders wouldn't appreciate similar things happening to them either. That's also a tricky thing to moderate, imo, because you'd need to come up with some sort of a reason for that character to have such a special pet tied to the Divine other than 'I'm rich'. 
    @Jurixe : that's a good point. I am pretty sure that when things of this sort are handled by the Garden, all requests by the adventurer are subject to the Garden's approval. What I meant was, like if a member of Lord Deucalion's order wished to have a fox with a connection to Lord Deucalion, it might be burning with the God's fire, and that would be approved. If it was a member of Lord Sartan's Order wishing for something connected to Lord Deucalion so the Order member could do horrible things to it, that probably wouldn't be approved.

    I am not sure what I am saying is enough to overcome your objection, but that was what I was thinking of when I said that.
  • KezKez Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    It's not unheard of. All these auctions (and possibly others, sometimes the list of items wasn't mentioned in the post) had pets:

          3416 Tecton, the Terraformer        Artefact auctions
          3229 Tecton, the Terraformer        Special artefact auctions
          3082 Maya, the Great Mother         Special Auctions
          2829 Maya, the Great Mother         Auction!
           342 Sarapis, the Logos             auction

    One of them had a pet that could act as wings with duanathar, so that's cool.


    And I found this amusing due to hindsight:

    ANNOUNCE NEWS #431                                      (11/04/1999 at 09:45)  
    From   : Sarapis, the Logos
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: auction update
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By popular demand, I've added some more items to the auction. You'll
    find them at the end of HELP AUCTION. Note that the Ceylonese rings and
    ceylonese bracelets are designed mainly to be minor items that will not
    be particularly expensive, thus allowing some of you without a lot of
    credits to be able to get something, if you wish.
     
    Penned by my hand on the 4th of Sarapin, in the year 233 AF.
    Silvarien
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Silvarien said:
    ...or a very strong connection to a particular Divine...
    My immediate reaction here is to suggest that you perhaps speak with the Divine in question to ask about whether it would be possible to get a pet customised along those lines? I can think of several who've done similar, and I don't think such a customisation/unique element is suitable for auctions.
    Silvarien said:
    I am pretty sure that when things of this sort are handled by the Garden, all requests by the adventurer are subject to the Garden's approval.
    Within my experience, if it's something that would be strongly linked to a particular Divine then it has to be that Divine who approves it. I think, on a related element, @Klendathu got a couple of customisations knocked back recently because they were deemed too close to "Vastar-themed" for the customisation-approving admin to sign off on it.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    Melodie
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Within my experience, if it's something that would be strongly linked to a particular Divine then it has to be that Divine who approves it. I think, on a related element, @Klendathu got a couple of customisations knocked back recently because they were deemed too close to "Vastar-themed" for the customisation-approving admin to sign off on it.
    :cry: I did.

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
Sign In to Comment.