I am relatively new to Achaea. When I first started, I found a fair amount of code for Mudlet but there wasn't all that much out there for Nexus packages, especially basic functionality for new players. I used to be a programmer over a decade ago and decided it would be a nice little project to make and release a package.
Please keep in mind this is a 1.0 release. If there is demand, I intend to continue development based on received feedback.
This is the current feature list (Bip-core 1.0):
- Useful aliases, such as "afk" for disappearing into a journal, "st" to set target, and to use Tattoos.
- Automatically accepts requests from other adventurers to learn from you.
- Contains logic to highlight the line notifying you when you earn free lessons.
Auto-loot for Coins
- Automatically loots gold sovereigns dropped after you kill a denizen or adventurer.
- Use alias "autoloot" to enable or disable. Default enabled.
- Automatically prevented if someone else got the killing shot.
Automatic Leader Target Switching
- Set the leader that controls your target with alias "at <leader>". Disable with "at none".
- Automatically switches target selected when the set leader indicates a new target in partytalk channel.
- Allows for multiple common formats for leader-selected target switching.
- Uses aliases "flee" and "flee <direction>"
- Standard movement to direction if specified; if not specified, starts north on compass, goes clockwise, up, down, in, then out checking for exits.
- Pulls exit information from variable exitList
Player Name Colors by City
- Use the "pc" alias (Process City) to show player names in a color corresponding to the city of which they are a citizen (if any).
- Other aliases include: "SaveCities" and "LoadCities" to save to/load from permanent variables and "ResetCities" to reset all city data to empty.
- Use 'Save Client Settings' button to make the SaveCities/LoadCities data permanent for your next logon.
Other features of Bip-core include useful variables for your own character's various statuses including rage and afflictions that you can use by adding onto Bip-core or making your own modular package.
Additional documentation is in the top-most function named README-DOCUMENTATION.To install Bip-core:
Download the latest file from github here:https://github.com/Bip-Achaea/bip-core/archive/master.zip
Open the zip file and take out the dated .nxs file. You can then open the Nexus client settings, go to the Reflex Packages tab, and drag the .nxs file into the indicated box.
***IMPORTANT: After importing the package, log out from the game (qq) and log back in. Otherwise you will get errors. ***
(This is required because variable initialization takes place in the onLoad function, which only runs upon initial login).
Please let me know what you think - this is a 1.0 version and has been tested for a couple of weeks, but there are likely bugs. Feedback is very welcome and needed if I am to continue development.