Dark Souls 3

2»

Comments

• Bloodborne is by far my favorite of the ds game series. I might be an odd one out with it, but regain mechanic is so much more interesting than turtling. 
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited May 2016
    Fendo said:
    Bloodborne is by far my favorite of the ds game series. I might be an odd one out with it, but regain mechanic is so much more interesting than turtling. 
    Pontiff Left Eye ring in ds3 if you liked that. I throw that thing on any time I'm using a dual wield weapon and it plays very similar. Definitely makes fighting full on agressive feel a lot more viable. Try the murakumo or grave warden twins.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I didn't use pontiff's at all oddly enough I might give that a whirl replacing the prisoner's chain. Mostly ran with chain, health, favor, and chloranthy with grass shield on back. Warden's blades were my first +10 (gogo fire) moved to dancers and gottards for fun. Played a health/end gouge build and had enough fun with that. No pvp though yet wanted to beat the game first. 
    Fendo said:
    I didn't use pontiff's at all oddly enough I might give that a whirl replacing the prisoner's chain. Mostly ran with chain, health, favor, and chloranthy with grass shield on back. Warden's blades were my first +10 (gogo fire) moved to dancers and gottards for fun. Played a health/end gouge build and had enough fun with that. No pvp though yet wanted to beat the game first. 
    Beating Pontiff Sulyvhan in Irythill was the most rewarding part of the game for me 'cause immediately through the fog wall is the biggest center for PvP summoning and fight clubs in the game. I run with a refined drakeblood greatsword +9 and a caestus for parrying and quick pokes when people get too close for the greatsword's attack speed. Cloranthy/Hornet/Steel Protection and I swap between Leo and Horseshoe depending on if they're running with a greatshield and Aldrich Saphire every few fights 'cause I never use ashen estus. I LOVE the PvP.

• Murakumo was exclusively my weapon in both DS1&2. If 3 has it also, then I am happy!

Though when I get to DS3 I'll probably go something different than usual to add a bit more personal challenge for myself.

I went through DS1&2 with quick dodging & murakumo. For Demon's Souls I intentionally went the Paladin type for something different. Heavy armour and a polearm.
  • Bloodborne is now finished.

I honestly found the ending a bit...underwhelming?

Time to buy Dark Souls 3.
  • edited May 2016
    I finally finished 3 the other day and while my opinions are positive on the whole, I thought the first major area was incredibly weirdly balanced - several times harder than the areas that followed it and way too hard for a first area. It felt like it was there just so Souls veterans would go on reddit and gush about how hard the game was. Undead Settlement was a lot more reasonable.

Archdragon Peak was incredible and the boss fight was awesome even though I somehow beat it on my first try despite needing like a dozen tries against many of the other bosses (looking at you Pontiff Sulyvahn). Abyss Watchers was probably my favorite boss in the game and I ended up using the Farron Greatsword from it for the rest of the game too. I was really impressed with how Abyss Watchers and Pontiff Sulyvahn made the whole multi-enemy boss fight fun concept instead of obnoxious.

I did feel a little let down by the lore though. It's a lot better than DS2, but it still doesn't feel nearly as cohesive as DS1 and a lot of it feels less like an extension of the lore from DS1 and more like mere fanservice. Here's hoping the DLC flesh it out a little better.
  • First time playing the dark souls series and its probably the first game I can say im having trouble with. I died about 50 times just on the first boss as deprived and it felt amazing once i was able to finally take him down. Now...if i could only find some armour so i can stop running around in rags wielding a club and a kite shield i found.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Theodus said:
    First time playing the dark souls series and its probably the first game I can say im having trouble with. I died about 50 times just on the first boss as deprived and it felt amazing once i was able to finally take him down. Now...if i could only find some armour so i can stop running around in rags wielding a club and a kite shield i found.
    You had more trouble with Gundyr than Manus? :open_mouth:

Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Theodus said:
    First time playing the dark souls series and its probably the first game I can say im having trouble with. I died about 50 times just on the first boss as deprived and it felt amazing once i was able to finally take him down. Now...if i could only find some armour so i can stop running around in rags wielding a club and a kite shield i found.
    You had more trouble with Gundyr than Manus? :open_mouth:

• Theodus said:
    lol armor.

Armor does nothing in Dark Souls.

Fashion Souls is only Souls.
  • Heh, shows how much i know about the game so far.  :p