Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

New Some Help with Magi Class!

FaenarFaenar Member Posts: 5
Hello guys! Hope everyone is ok!!

I'm starting today with Achaea and it is my first time playing a Mudd!
So far i loved it!! And i've created a Magi! I'm in love with the class, but i have some questions with the class and the game in general! Hope you guys can give me a hand!

First things first. I want to let everybody know that i have Zero knowladge of scripting and such. So sorry if i don't understand something~
Second, i want to tell you guys, that i have no intention of getting into PvP in this game ok? I don't know if it is relevant but i'll leave it here~


  • Since i started playing the game, i've learned a lot from the HELP menus, but not everything (At least there are something's i can't understand), Like how do i train to get more skills. I understand i need something called Lessons, but i can't even find this in the game (I'm a bit slow).

  • I would like  to know if there is any Magi, willing to get me through the basics at least!

  • There is something's i still can't undestand, like what's a house and things like that. If anyone can give me a light on the subject i would be more than thrilled!

  • Should i try to use another player? I've been trying to read the forum and a lot of people seem not to use the Nexus, if that's so, Why?

Thank you all for keeping up with me!! I really appreciate it! And i'm deeply sorry for my bad english. English is not my native language!



SzanthaxSarapisTelendrieth

Comments

  • TolanTolan Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Alright, here it goes @Faenar.

    To start this off, there is absolutely no 'requirement' as far as coding experience/history/knowledge goes. You can walk into this game with no experience of this and do just fine, there are lots of people both on the forums and in the game always willing to help. You don't see a lot of scripts for nexus yet, because they have been upgrading that client for quite some time now, and just keep adding amazing things to it. That's not to say a lot of people don't use it. There are a lot of people that use nexus. There are also other clients you can use to play the game, including but not limited to, Mudlet, Cmud, MushClient, Nexus. Plus there are several clients for androids and iphones, and also lots of other clients.

    PvP is never a requirement either. You can walk into the game never wanting to PvP and you'll be just fine. Being an MMORPG, Achaea has access to many things, including PvP, PvE, RP .. You don't have to do all of them to get along in the game, you can really do what you want. Sure, when you're playing, you might run into some time when you're doing something, and you get jumped, thus initiating PvP. This sort of thing can always be resolved by PvP, or by RP, or whatever. Death is not the end of the game.

    I know you've said you have been reading a lot of the in game HELP files, which will be a way to get answers for just about anything you're interested in. 

    Here's a couple help files you could read regarding lessons, learning and whatnot. 

    HELP LESSONS
    HELP LEVELS
    HELP LEARNING
    HELP CREDITS

    You also have to remember that you don't have to resort to coming to the forums to ask a question. You can always try asking on the Newbie channel, which is there primarily to help people like you. NEWBIE <message> will allow you to talk in that channel.


    .. I lost track of what I was going to write on this post, so I'll just click post.
    Faenar
  • FaenarFaenar Member Posts: 5
    @Tolan Thank you for the quick reponse! Thanks for elucidating about the clients, i actually didn't know about the various types! And about the HELP MENUS, i've tried reading those you mentioned. They are indeed very helpful, but as i said before i'm a little slow hahah. But i'm really thankfull! Have a awesome day!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Welcome :)



  • FaenarFaenar Member Posts: 5
    @Szanthax Thanks! Glad to be here :)

  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    It can be hard at first... just stick with it. Everyone here is amazing to play with. Manage your expectations. You get out what you put in (both in RP and... other things).



  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,194 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Paging holocaust king @Aegoth


    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Minifie said:
    Paging holocaust king @Aegoth
    I was going to do that but i saw the idea was little to no pvp




  • FaenarFaenar Member Posts: 5
    @Minifie @Szanthax holocaust king? Oh Boy, that's quite a tittle!
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,194 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    He has gotten dragon and such, who knows he might teach him enough to start pvp 


    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • FaenarFaenar Member Posts: 5
    @Aegoth Oh what a sight i've witnessed! i am not worthy of to standeth in such presence!! But if 't be true thee taketh me under thy wing. May mine own w'rds bindeth me, and i f'rev'r s'rve thee mast'r!
    AegothSobriquetKelaraAbhorash
  • TolanTolan Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    #forumrp
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Aegoth said:
    Storm clouds brew overhead, dark and threatening. They crackle with lightning, a crimson crack in the sky like the heavens weeping forth unto the doom that nigh approaches. Yea doth the earthe quake, and goats bellow in terror as they seek shelter from impending doom, for HE has risen from the very bowels of the fetid pits of FIRE within the depths of Hell itself!! 'Lo and behold HE, the Holocaust King as he raises a finger towards a lonely, rebellious kitten and it EXPLODES in HIS righteous and crazed fury! His gaze doth settle loomingly upon yonder magi @Faenar and HIS mouth opens as fire and lava spit out in rivulets of DEATH and EVIL and his TONGUE is a lash of flaaaame!!!!

    Speak unto me, child, and I shall bequeath ye the POWER of the elements!!! (When i get home from class)
    got i had to go an honors faenar just to make sure...

    like Mhaldor needs any more uberpowers <span>:pensive:</span>

    BT is it August yet??



  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Wow I don't remember making that post...

    Love everything about it. I heard @Dortheron and @Dochitha and @Dunn and @Deladan and all the D were coming to NYC in August for @NotIronCon @Tecton @Sarapis @Deucalion @Aurora @Artemis @achaea



  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Szanthax said:
    Wow I don't remember making that post...

    Love everything about it. I heard @Dortheron and @Dochitha and @Dunn and @Deladan and all the D were coming to NYC in August for @NotIronCon @Tecton @Sarapis @Deucalion @Aurora @Artemis @achaea
    Frankly I would love to come, but I don't have the income to fly out to Vegas, much less NYC. Plus where did you hear that? I'm a little concerned that people are making my travel plans without consulting me
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Dortheron said:
    Szanthax said:
    Wow I don't remember making that post...

    Love everything about it. I heard @Dortheron and @Dochitha and @Dunn and @Deladan and all the D were coming to NYC in August for @NotIronCon @Tecton @Sarapis @Deucalion @Aurora @Artemis @achaea
    Frankly I would love to come, but I don't have the income to fly out to Vegas, much less NYC. Plus where did you hear that? I'm a little concerned that people are making my travel plans without consulting me
    @Dortheron I thought it was common knowledge people died fromb love



  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Szanthax said:
    Dortheron said:
    Szanthax said:
    Wow I don't remember making that post...

    Love everything about it. I heard @Dortheron and @Dochitha and @Dunn and @Deladan and all the D were coming to NYC in August for @NotIronCon @Tecton @Sarapis @Deucalion @Aurora @Artemis @achaea
    Frankly I would love to come, but I don't have the income to fly out to Vegas, much less NYC. Plus where did you hear that? I'm a little concerned that people are making my travel plans without consulting me
    @Dortheron I thought it was common knowledge people died fromb love
    @Szanthax Sometimes I worry about you. Not your character (die, Targossian scum! </rp>) but you yourself. I still remember your custom sword description.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Dortheron said:
    Szanthax said:
    Dortheron said:
    Szanthax said:
    Wow I don't remember making that post...

    Love everything about it. I heard @Dortheron and @Dochitha and @Dunn and @Deladan and all the D were coming to NYC in August for @NotIronCon @Tecton @Sarapis @Deucalion @Aurora @Artemis @achaea
    Frankly I would love to come, but I don't have the income to fly out to Vegas, much less NYC. Plus where did you hear that? I'm a little concerned that people are making my travel plans without consulting me
    @Dortheron I thought it was common knowledge people died fromb love
    @Szanthax Sometimes I worry about you. Not your character (die, Targossian scum! </rp>) but you yourself. I still remember your custom sword description.
    <3 I have hard time being awesome lol. I just want everyone to come <span>:cold_sweat:</span>



  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Szanthax said:
    Dortheron said:
    Szanthax said:
    Dortheron said:
    Szanthax said:
    Wow I don't remember making that post...

    Love everything about it. I heard @Dortheron and @Dochitha and @Dunn and @Deladan and all the D were coming to NYC in August for @NotIronCon @Tecton @Sarapis @Deucalion @Aurora @Artemis @achaea
    Frankly I would love to come, but I don't have the income to fly out to Vegas, much less NYC. Plus where did you hear that? I'm a little concerned that people are making my travel plans without consulting me
    @Dortheron I thought it was common knowledge people died fromb love
    @Szanthax Sometimes I worry about you. Not your character (die, Targossian scum! </rp>) but you yourself. I still remember your custom sword description.
    <3 I have hard time being awesome lol. I just want everyone to come <span>:cold_sweat:</span>
    I'll happily come if you pay for my entire trip (assuming there would be no scheduling conflicts, but I don't think there would be after the 1st week of August


    ...Yea, that's what I thought
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • AuroraAurora Member Posts: 150 Immortal
    NYC in August - yuck!
    image
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,632 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aurora said:
    NYC in August - yuck!
    All the cool people are going. Are you a cool person?
  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
    Szanthax said:
    Wow I don't remember making that post...

    Love everything about it. I heard @Dortheron and @Dochitha and @Dunn and @Deladan and all the D were coming to NYC in August for @NotIronCon @Tecton @Sarapis @Deucalion @Aurora @Artemis @achaea
    Sorry, man, but NYC in August sounds way too comfortable to me. I'll be heading to the Black Rock Desert in remote northern Nevada instead, where the weather gets truly fun.**

    ** As long as your idea of fun includes epic dust storms.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sounds like... Burning man or something you dang hippy



  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    I can tell you are out of the country because you are posting at 330am :(



Sign In to Comment.