We're pleased to announce a new addition to the RP landscape: Family clans!
A family clan is a way to formally recognise your family's place in the world. They come with a host of new options to help bring these prestigious lineages into the limelight. Family clans can:
* Allow members to take on a pre-configured family name as their suffix.
* Have assignable progenitors, allowing clans to recognise the founders of the family line.
* Become listed on FAMILY LIST.
* Have a special version of CLANHELP.
Before you rush out and set this option on your clan, there are a few things to keep in mind:
Once set as a family clan:
* The clan can not be renamed.
* The clan will be democratic.
* Can not be dissolved.
* Can not be reverted to a regular clan.
* The family name can not be changed.
* The family surname can not be changed.
Ok, so you've read and understand the limitations, here's how you convert your clan into a family clan (as a clan leader):
* CLAN SET FAMILY <family name>
This will cost 500,000 gold. The family name does not necessarily have to be the same as the clan name, but it should reflect the family's name. So the Aristata clan may do "CLAN SET FAMILY Aristata".
* CLAN SET SUFFIX <surname>
Configure the surname for the family. All adventurers in the clan can use FAMILY TITLE to set this as their suffix. Once set, this can not be changed.
* CLAN SET PROGENITOR <name>
Configure up to two progenitors for your family line. Once set, this can not be changed. Progenitors either have to:
* Be in the clan.
* Have the house surname in their title.
** Note **
The administration, at their sole discretion, may remove the family designation from a clan. In circumstances such as these, refunds will not be offered. Please do not use this system to be a pest, pain, or to "snipe" family names from already-established clans.