Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Dragon logs

UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 217Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
Hi! I was wondering if there are any recent dragon combat logs out there, or if anyone have some to share?

A quick forum search revealed nothing (but my forum-search-fu might be lacking).

Tagged:

Comments

  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 217Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hasar said:
    Storm break leg break leg bite bite. If not dead then lesser form or try torso.
    Thanks. Testing that out now.

    Would still be interested in hearing more strategies, and seeing any logs. Or is dragon pvp not worth it compared to lesserform classes, these days?

  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,547Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If they tumble on break do break leg bite, let tumble complete, break other leg bite
    Utianima
  • HasarHasar Posts: 795Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Make sure to use targeted dragoncurse as it has no eq/bal cost, only an internal cooldown. read the scroll and test it out to see. And I would use command separators and eqbal queueing, so  that you don't gust and not rend, or rend and not gust, due to getting bal or eq back sooner than the other.

    UtianimaSobriquet
  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If you prep and break torso before the double leg break 2x bite, they'll also either need to cure the torso or take an additional 7% or so from the bites. Only level 1 torso, though. Level 2 doesn't do anything, that I've seen.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    Utianima
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,283Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Yeah that's literally what dragons do to kill, not very fancy, not a lot of options, but they do work when they do. Try to stack herb to stick sensitivity, that will help kill better, though any decent combatant will prio sensitivity when broken by a dragon.
    Utianima
  • AepasAepas Posts: 1,619Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I personally like to just curse sensitivity and roar. It works on <4400hp. Just write an alias to loop it and then go make a sandwich. When you come back you have like a 40-50% chance you won. If you died that's okay too because it was going to be a boring fight as a dragon anyways.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
    UtianimaBorran
  • XinnaXinna Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Someone jumped me when I was dragon (Darkender maybe?) and I broke leg into T-fang truelock. He was like... Dragons can do that?

    Then, I stopped playing dragon because I had bard. The end.
    Utianima
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 217Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Xinna said:
    Someone jumped me when I was dragon (Darkender maybe?) and I broke leg into T-fang truelock. He was like... Dragons can do that?

    Then, I stopped playing dragon because I had bard. The end.
    T-fang truelock?

  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,527Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    T-fang is Thoth's fang, the level three artefact dirk. It used to have ridiculous stats so you could jab really fast, even as a dragon without nimble, and combined with balanceless dragoncurse for specific afflictions (including impatience) you could truelock people. Pretty sure the speed has been drastically nerfed though, since it's not relevant for doublestab, so might not be possible any more.
    Utianima
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,967Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    T-fang is Thoth's fang, the level three artefact dirk. It used to have ridiculous stats so you could jab really fast, even as a dragon without nimble, and combined with balanceless dragoncurse for specific afflictions (including impatience) you could truelock people. Pretty sure the speed has been drastically nerfed though, since it's not relevant for doublestab, so might not be possible any more.
    Pretty sure dragons can no longer wield T-fang anyway

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,283Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Antonius said:
    T-fang is Thoth's fang, the level three artefact dirk. It used to have ridiculous stats so you could jab really fast, even as a dragon without nimble, and combined with balanceless dragoncurse for specific afflictions (including impatience) you could truelock people. Pretty sure the speed has been drastically nerfed though, since it's not relevant for doublestab, so might not be possible any more.
    Pretty sure dragons can no longer wield T-fang anyway
    You can wield, but the balance is now like 2s, the same as untargeted rend, without damage. 
  • CynlaelCynlael Posts: 3,257Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2016
    Can still tlock as dragon.. Requires a ton of timing, but p sure @Jinsun has done it a couple times in the past ~6months. He might've gave up, idr.

  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2016
    They can still wield it, yeah. Penwize was jabbing with his in dform just a couple of days back.

    However, I'm fairly sure that locking as dragon has gotten a lot harder. It might still be theoretically possible, but it'd be very difficult in practise, and I doubt it would work against somebody who really knows what they're doing.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • JinsunJinsun TN, USAPosts: 2,847Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cynlael said:
    Can still tlock as dragon.. Requires a ton of timing, but p sure @Jinsun has done it a couple times in the past ~6months. He might've gave up, idr.
    I managed it once during a CTF on someone with very subpar curing. I gave up on dragon because I don't care for prep and the locking is very difficult (nearly impossible ) without hugs errors and no torc.
    image
    Utianima
  • XinnaXinna Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I'm -pretty sure- T-fang is still faster than rend. It was 255 speed last I knew (down from 271 pre-nerf). Locking should actually be more viable as dragon post-vernalius change, but the dragon curse delay is really annoying to work with.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USAPosts: 2,847Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xinna said:
    I'm -pretty sure- T-fang is still faster than rend. It was 255 speed last I knew (down from 271 pre-nerf). Locking should actually be more viable as dragon post-vernalius change, but the dragon curse delay is really annoying to work with.
    Well to be fair I don't have a t-fang and haven't tried since vernalius fix
    image
  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,191Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I found rend a lot better than dirk.  Dirk misses a lot now and the damage and speed were nerfed into the ground.  Salve lock and truelock used to be pretty darn viable, but I wouldn't bother for anything outside of a group, in which case looping imp curse and para stabs would probably amount to the same thing with most allies. 
    Utianima
Sign In to Comment.