Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
How are the other games going?
With people retiring characters and some contemplating a move, I'm curious if anyone here who plays any of the other IRE games could provide an update on how they're doing. The newsletters give a sort of very broad overview of events and mechanical additions, but I'm curious about the player experience.
So any information about Lusternia, Imperian, and Aetolia, ideally in comparison to Achaea, since we're all presumably most familiar with it.
Here are some of my questions:
- What is the population like? Does it feel like it's increasing or declining? Is that a problem (either one)? Does it skew older or does it feel like it's mostly a lot of relative newbies with high turnover?
- What seems to be the general focus? Combat? Individual or group? Raids? Roleplaying? Is it balanced or does the population seem to prefer one thing over another?
- What is the mechanical balance like? Does combat feel as dynamic, varied, deep, and interesting as Achaea? How about group combat?
- Since it seems to have become a big question over the last year: What does the general state of automation seem to be?
- What are the RP themes like? Does it seem to be moving in a more light-hearted direction or is it trying to be darker and edgier? What's unique and interesting in the game's RP?
- Any recent-ish additions that are particularly noteworthy? Things that really changed the game for you in a substantial way?
Obviously feel free to add whatever you like or to ignore these questions entirely - I just wanted to provide some things I'm personally curious about to maybe spark some responses.