Character retirement

Comments

• Kiet said:
    Now would be a good time to propose my plan of allowing inheritances! Retired characters could beseech some of their owned artefacts/estate onto their children, preferably eldest son. Not that I'd have any specific reason to ask coughlevel2veilcough.
    I can't believe nobody said anything suggesting you may have a @Profit motive, yet!
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • I think part of what irks people is with some there seems no desire to hide it at all. 18yr old quad trans with soa and Artie weapon of choice touring Underworld with an established character like they own the place. Again, annoying but unavoidable.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited January 2016
    Remember, it's on those established characters as well to not give the obvi-alts special treatment like taking them through UW because they can tank the occasional hit.

(This is assuming we want them to be brought in like any other new characters.)
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• How about: "TELL <orienter> OOC: Hey, I don't want to waste your time so I just wanted to let you know that I'm not totally new."

Being a novice who already knows a lot more than a novice should is already an OOC thing. You can try to be subtle and semi-IC about it I guess, but an OOC tell doesn't seem unreasonable.

When I was doing a lot of orientations, if someone seemed to know what was up already and didn't say so, I would just ask in a similar tell.
  • As a retiree from another game, I have been wondering if people are thinking about me or treating me differently because my character is 18 years old and has trans skills and a SoA. Things are a little easier for me coming from another IRE game, but I have a lot to learn and I hope I'm not missing out just because people know I retired from somewhere.
  • Kafziel said:
    It has always bothered me that people assume 18 year olds should be absolutely clueless and unable to even walk to places properly. It's a suspension of disbelief imo when the true newb doesn't know these things (although necessary because they need to learn the game), not when an 18 year old rolls up and actually knows how to write a letter
    I dunno, you met some 18 year olds these days?  They have no clue about the real world, seems like a fairly accurate comparison to me.
  • Rhyssin said:
    As a retiree from another game, I have been wondering if people are thinking about me or treating me differently because my character is 18 years old and has trans skills and a SoA. Things are a little easier for me coming from another IRE game, but I have a lot to learn and I hope I'm not missing out just because people know I retired from somewhere.
    For me it's all about how the character acts, if a young character has trans skills and arties that's fine.  But when they have those and act like already know everything about the game, things you can only gain from experience, it's a bit un-immersive.
  • Yeah. It's a two way street.

we don't assume you're a jackass in hiding for being a super noob,

you don't be an entitled shit.
  • KyrKyr
    edited January 2016
    Sarapis said:
    We'll almost certainly lower the limit to 500 credits at some point. Just didn't want to overwhelm the producers on the games. This has been considerably more popular than we expected, and due to some poor categorization of some things around credits back in the day, some of the manual approvals actually take a lot of time, because recalculating their credit value based on some required manual research might have to happen based on some various factors that would be really hard for us to automate. 
    Hey, @Sarapis Is there any way you'd consider letting characters that previously got retirement credits receive them after that 30 days is up? I'm very probably going to pour every one of the considerable sum of credits my Imperian and Aetolia characters gave me into one new one, but I have a few who are short and if you make this change, I'll have nowhere to put their credits without another new alt. Just realized that I could probably tag @Tecton about this as well, since he's probably got some idea.
  • edited January 2016
    Farrah said:
    Sobriquet said:
    I think part of what irks people is with some there seems no desire to hide it at all. 18yr old quad trans with soa and Artie weapon of choice touring Underworld with an established character like they own the place. Again, annoying but unavoidable.

I am only going to address this once since I assume this is about me (though I don't have a SoA so who knows), and since similar accusations have been thrown around about me in various other OOC places.

If your problem with me is simply that I have artefacts, then I don't know what to say to you. People don't buy credits to not have artefacts. If your problem is that I hunt Underworld, then you have a problem with the fact that I'm RPing, which is ironic. Farrah never chose to hunt Underworld. She was brought there. Being rather young and not knowing precisely what the Underworld even was, she was not going to refuse to go there! I do not know where the "like they own the place" comes from unless merely hunting Underworld is owning Underworld. Farrah has told Atalkez she does not have any interest in causing unnecessary trouble with others, and thus has not actually jumped others they see hunting there. All of her kills are self-defense, with the exception of one preemptive strike against someone who had attacked them every time he came down before.

But really, I have been putting a ton of effort into Farrah's RP, and everything she does has an IC, not OOC explanation. I don't usually disclose RP stories in this kind of way, but since I've been attacked on multiple occasions OOCly since I started playing, I'll explain a small amount: Farrah's parents are deceased. She received an inheritance along with a note of their expectations and wishes for her future. She is, thus, a bit richer than most of her age. She does not consider herself much of a warrioress, but she tries - she wants to be strong and does not want to disappoint. If asked, though, she would blame her actual success in battle on her angel, who is extremely fierce and protective of her and does all the work. Many who try to kill Farrah end up being slain by her angel. Her angel is also a guiding hand who often advises Farrah as to what to do herself. Atalkez would attest to this, as it's come into play a lot in their interactions and in creating their particular relationship.

I will not go into Farrah and Atalkez's story in detail, but there is an explanation for their interactions as well. There has been quite a bit of RP development there. But as for flaunting my past character, I refuse to tell people who I am OOCly. I also refuse to engage in OOC tells, parties, clans, etc. I cannot keep people from speculating, if they want, but it's a bit odd to blame the one who wants to keep it quiet and start anew for everyone -else's- curiosity.

Everyone who has said they were "irked" by Farrah has never interacted with her, however. I am mostly posting here for the sake of people who are hearing all of the gossip and who might be influenced by it to believe that I am not interested in RP. So, think whatever you want, and rant to your heart's content on OOC clans about how everything I do is OOC metagaming (the irony), but if you want to actually play the game, I'm there!

Hey, you took me from being bored as a rogue to having fun in a city.

You're a credit to the game and I have enjoyed our interactions, and look forward to further ones.

So, thank you for being awesome.

Edit: you too @atalkez and thanks for all the learning! I will probably bug you later again!

• edited January 2016
    @farrah it wasn't about you at all, not even sure I've interacted with you*?  And I've not been to the UW at all, in any capacity in around 5 RL years, so it was a hypothetical remark.

Nice of you to stand up to the plate and put yourself out there though, when it would have been easier to keep quiet.

*Unless you were the kid with Atalkez in Annwyn the other day?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I was the person in Annwyn the other day with Atalkez.

I was hunting alone in Annwyn, and was attacked by Rythnin whilst hunting fairies. I slew Rythnin as he didn't cure recklessness and basically killed himself. He instigated the fight, I stood and fought.

I left Annwyn, so as to avoid any more conflict and Atalkez asked me to spar. I said I would gladly spar him once I got a few more levels.

Atalkez then offered to take me hunting and took us to Annwyn again, where I then was involved in a 2v1 against Proficy (who instigated the fight) and subsequently died to Chiam and Xer when they entered Annwyn.

• Lol.. The me monster strikes hard and true!

• All these supernoobs that are artied priests should just suicide/agree. We don't need more unstoppable OP bullshit walking aroun, much less have 18 year olds killing the glorious Holocaust King. Bend to my will, fools!
  • Aegoth said:
    All these supernoobs that are artied priests should just suicide/agree. We don't need more unstoppable OP bullshit walking aroun, much less have 18 year olds killing the glorious Holocaust King. Bend to my will, fools!

• Aegoth said:
    All these supernoobs that are artied priests should just suicide/agree. We don't need more unstoppable OP bullshit walking aroun, much less have 18 year olds killing the glorious Holocaust King. Bend to my will, fools!

When I first started playing, I noticed there were quite a lot of other priests as well. It kind of bummed me, but only a tiny bit! 
    Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
  • Valysha said:
    Aegoth said:

When I first started playing, I noticed there were quite a lot of other priests as well. It kind of bummed me, but only a tiny bit! 
    Go magi. Targ needs em i hear, according to @Morthif
  • Sobriquet said:
    @farrah it wasn't about you at all, not even sure I've interacted with you*?  And I've not been to the UW at all, in any capacity in around 5 RL years, so it was a hypothetical remark.

Nice of you to stand up to the plate and put yourself out there though, when it would have been easier to keep quiet.

*Unless you were the kid with Atalkez in Annwyn the other day?

As I noted in my post, I wasn't sure if you were talking about me. Just thought I'd say something since a number of others have discussed the topic in particularly rude ways. If you aren't one of them, there's no hard feelings. I believe you.

Though, I was the one you attacked in Annwyn (with Atalkez), yes.

• Quick question: If you retire your character, is there a limit on when you use the credits available on your registration account? 

I.E. I retire today, in 6 months I make a newbie, like it, transfer credits over within that newbie's 30 day age? 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    @Tekk - aye, they stay on your account until you use them.
  • Tekk said:
    Quick question: If you retire your character, is there a limit on when you use the credits available on your registration account? 

I.E. I retire today, in 6 months I make a newbie, like it, transfer credits over within that newbie's 30 day age? 
    No, think it was said there's no time limit (beyond the 30-day window).
  • Oh man.  So many feels with this retirement thing.  I didn't expect pulling out of Lusty 100% to be this rough :/
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Yeah seriously my only issue with the supernoobs is they're all making priests and priest is the #1 most unfun class in the game to go against.
  • I joined the Harbingers at first. But, literally no one was around for a full 14 hours to help me out... so.... yeah...