Character retirement

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Just an idea, if any of you are retiring to use credits elsewhere, don't forget to sell some neat items you might have for credits to add to your totals. I know I have a ton of stuff I'd sell if I ever retired Kayeil.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Just an idea, if any of you are retiring to use credits elsewhere, don't forget to sell some neat items you might have for credits to add to your totals. I know I have a ton of stuff I'd sell if I ever retired Kayeil.
    Does that actually work? I thought credits purchased IG didn't count.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Xinna said:
    Kayeil said:
    Does that actually work? I thought credits purchased IG didn't count.
    I think so...  If you retire this character, you will receive 6637 transfer credits for use on a new character. All of your artefacts give you the ability to have 8063 credits in escrow. -- The majority of everything I have was earned in game, so that leads me to believe in game credits work, just not the kind earned from things like the facebook promotion, or when we could earn credits for commenting on the IRE site, or when we've gotten free credits for mother's day or father's day.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I think house/city creditsale ones don't count? Where credit market/transferred ones do?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Are Artie tats considered? It doesn't seem like it
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't think my wings were counted when I checked my retirement value which is sad given how much I spent on them.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• How long do retirement credits stay in your account? I am hoping to find a character worth transferring to, but it may take some time. Do these stay with me until I'm ready to use them, even if that takes weeks, months, or longer?
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    @Quisse that was the answer I got back from Tecton, that they'd stick around indefinitely. 
  • Well, this is clearly the best change of all time. Thanks for putting this in guys! I've been wanting something like this for aaaaages.
  • Finally, I can realize my dream of RPing as a horkvali Meropian pastry chef.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited January 2016
    Aesi said:
    Are Artie tats considered? It doesn't seem like it
    Do they have any tradein value? I never got any artie tats.

If they do, I'd say bug it. My view is simple: nothing you do (aside from trading gold/non-artie items for credits) should increase your tradein value. Tecton fixed what I found already.

If not, I doubt they would count, as pets and such don't.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited January 2016
    @Tecton - I honestly don't care if this is a 'moving forward' change and I don't get any benefit out of it, but is it possible (if they don't already) for unbound OOC credits to count full value towards retirement?

What I'm thinking is it would be perfectly valid to transfer to them to one alt, then back to the new character - this would just remove those steps and ensure people that didn't think of that didn't miss any.
  • @Vithincus there is the background/history system in place already. Very few people use it though. I'm not sure if you can still view the background/history of a retired char.

• I don't like that I have to have bought 1000 credits to retire a character...I'd prefer to just be able to get half for retiring whatever character that I have spent -any- money on.
  • edited January 2016
    Wayde said:
    I don't like that I have to have bought 1000 credits to retire a character...I'd prefer to just be able to get half for retiring whatever character that I have spent -any- money on.
    Sarapis did say that they would consider lowering it later, but the response to it has been huge right now as is, and it uses up a lot of admin time.

• @Comitis grr I can't like your post! Though I wish you a happy retirement and new life wherever it is.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    People aren't throwing enough retirement parties.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    People aren't throwing enough retirement parties.
    I dunno if this was a semi-joking post or not, but that's a great idea! I mean, the lore is they're retiring from adventuring life, why not make a big IC event out of it (as long as you aren't retiring because you can't stand your character anymore)? It gives closure to both the player and the characters/players that knew them.
  • I'd go to a "So long, and thanks for all the fish!" party.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Trevize said:
    @Tecton - I honestly don't care if this is a 'moving forward' change and I don't get any benefit out of it, but is it possible (if they don't already) for unbound OOC credits to count full value towards retirement?

What I'm thinking is it would be perfectly valid to transfer to them to one alt, then back to the new character - this would just remove those steps and ensure people that didn't think of that didn't miss any.
    Credits on your character have always counted towards the positive aspects of your trade-in value!
  • Tecton said:
    Trevize said:

Credits on your character have always counted towards the positive aspects of your trade-in value!
    Full value? Cool, couldn't tell on mine, didn't have much at all.
  • Hello, hijacking the thread here to ask a quick question. In other IRE games (or Imperian, at least) you're able to add retirement credits to a character as many times as you'd like up to the 30 day mark; however, I noticed here that you're warned that you may only commit credits to a character once. This has made me hesitate in case I really enjoy the character and want to dump more of my retirement funds in the next few weeks...

@Tecton Is this discrepancy intentional (and/or likely to remain in place)? Thanks in advance!
  • Xexir said:
    Hello, hijacking the thread here to ask a quick question. In other IRE games (or Imperian, at least) you're able to add retirement credits to a character as many times as you'd like up to the 30 day mark; however, I noticed here that you're warned that you may only commit credits to a character once. This has made me hesitate in case I really enjoy the character and want to dump more of my retirement funds in the next few weeks...

@Tecton Is this discrepancy intentional (and/or likely to remain in place)? Thanks in advance!
    Not sure if the fix hasn't been implemented or if the warning was just forgotten, but iirc Sarapis (Matt, guy who runs IRE) said they'll be able to add as many times as they want.
  • Does gold held and items in the rift count towards the character trade in cost? Only ask because mine has around 300k on him and pretty 2000 of everything in the rift, if it doesn't count i'll find a way of giving it out.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Trevize said:
    Tecton said:
    Trevize said:

Full value? Cool, couldn't tell on mine, didn't have much at all.
    I believe they are still half value.  As I had 100 unbound credits, my retire value was 1233.  I picked up multiclass and converted those credits to bound then lessons, my retirement value is still 1233.  If non-bound count full and bound credits count half towards retirement value then shouldn't my value have changed?

Still trying to figure out what exactly does and does not count towards retirement value, vagueness is something IRE specializes is.