It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Name: Ariettie Da'Navi
Age: 391 years old
Height: 5 feet
Eye color: pine green
Physical appearance: She is shorter than most Sirens with understated curves, long, wild copper-coloured ringlets, and freckles across her nose and cheeks.
Strange or unique physical attributes: It's not really strange or unique, but her trademark physical attribute would be her curls.
Favorite clothing style/outfit: She's worn a hair dagger for centuries, most recently a custom designed dagger from her husband that was a Logosmas present. She also wears tortoiseshell glasses.
Where does he or she live? What is it like there? She holds Ashtani citizenship and couldn't be happier about the fact.
Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): She's constantly brushing her hair out of her face, not that it ever stays put.
Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: I don't think Ariettie would change a single thing about her appearance. She's quite happy with herself, even with the little wrinkles that have shown up near her eyes.
Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): She has a quiet, soothing voice unless she's made angry in which case it turns cold and harsh. That's left over from her time as a Dame in Cyrene and having to be the disciplinarian. She also tends to start mid-conversation and is blunt and to the point.
Pet peeves: Arie has no time for people who don't make an effort to help themselves, nor does she have time for those who only help themselves or manipulate others in order to get what they want. Likewise, those who are overly silly, extremely immature, or those who bicker for the sake of bickering and creating drama. And for Garden's sake, enough with the damned baked goods! No one needs to discuss them that often.
Fondest memory: Any time spent with her husband, but specifically a few particular dates he took her on, the month he proposed, and their wedding day.
Hobbies/interests: She loves to create new recipes and feed her family and friends. Blissful Bites, a cafe of her own, is a dream come true for her. She also enjoys fishing on occasion and creating jewellery pieces.
Special skills/abilities: Hmm, I guess those would be her tradeskills? Of those, I'd consider cooking and jewellery to be her special skills and abilities. Geography tends to be a decent one, too.
Insecurities: I suppose her biggest insecurities come from a fear of not feeling useful or being needed and then not having anyone care any longer.
Quirks/eccentricities: Horses and other mounts are to be left outside of her house at all times. She doesn't want them traipsing through her living space! She also really hates being called Lady or ma'am these days and I think it's because she spent so much time around knights.
Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): In the past, Ariettie would've likely been described with an icy public personality. Nowadays she's just kind of standoffish, or what is portrayed as such, unless you're one of "her people" and then she's warm and affectionate. She's that way with newbies, too. You definitely have to go through a phase with Arie where she's not quite sure how she feels about you and she won't fake it until she's sure.
Negative traits: Sometimes Arie gets too wrapped up in her responsibilities and forgets to take some time for her or to spend time with her family.
Things that upset him or her: Unnecessary drama and gossip. She also really dislikes confrontation.
Things that embarrass him or her: Other than being publicly reprimanded, not a lot.
This character is highly opinionated about: Anything and everything, usually!
Any phobias? Not really? I guess mostly that her family will all up and disappear on her.
Things that make him or her happy: Storms, penguins, surprises planned by her husband, newbies who respond and want to learn, seeing people she's helped succeed
Family (describe): Her father, Zenokail Jinx, was a huge early influence in her life. Her husband, Kross, is the absolute perfect match for her. She has entirely too many children, grandchildren, etc. but most of them are asleep. The ones who are awake are her babies, whether by blood or not. Tynil, her eldest waking son, is her ever loyal protector and while they have their theological differences now and don't see each other as often, she still loves him and is so proud of him and everything he's done. He really is her pride and joy. Her youngest daughter, Vix, keeps her on her toes and forces her out of her comfort zone often. Her adopted son, Aesi, keeps her teaching about the world. All of her children keep her showering them with love, along with her several grandchildren that she treats as if they were her own, including Madelyne and Garrus (when he's awake).
Deepest, darkest secret: Can't really think of any!
Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: n/a
Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Ariettie is generally pretty blunt and a lot of people take that as her being rude. She's pretty quiet until you're okay in her book and people take that as her being standoffish. Most people that dislike her are likely simply threatened by her, but would never dare admit it.
Favorite bands/songs/type of music: n/a
Favorite movies: n/a
Favorite TV shows: n/a
Favorite books: She's been sifting through the Savants' library while setting it up, so they're all running together right now.
Favorite foods: She doesn't eat often. She prefers cooking for others.
Favorite sports/sports teams: Does foozle count as a sport? Foozle! Otherwise, go Team Ashtan in all things raid-related. She cheers them on from the sidelines and helps support where she can.
Political views: After centuries of life as a politician, she's trying to avoid it now. Being Ashtani, though, she clearly believes in the Chaotic way of life.
Religion/philosophy of life: A former follower of Lord Neraeos, she still believes the Virtues have a place in everyone's lives, but has shed the way of the Sea for a life worshipping Sky and Storm through Lord Vastar's order.
Physical health: Superb.
Dream vacation: Azatlan
Description of his or her house: Ariettie owns a family chalet near the Chapel of All Gods. The house is very warm and cozy with lots of exposed natural cedar and a general colour scheme of mostly azure. There's a beautiful backyard with a pond, fruit and flower gardens, and a stormy chapel. The house is always expanding as she can afford it, but for now it offers the essentials that one would need to live there regularly without needing to leave for much at all. As the main focus is that it's the family home, portraits of family members are hung in the living area.
Description of his or her bedroom: The master suite continues with lots of natural wood. There's a large bed and a sitting area. Double doors open up onto the balcony that overlooks both the Chapel of All Gods and the backyard chapel where a storm can be heard.
Any pets? Too many, if you ask her husband. They're all housed in the stable in the backyard, though, except Izel, her xaohlatl, and Adelie, her penguin.
Best thing that has ever happened to this character: With almost 400 years under her belt, that's a big question, isn't it? In no particular order: marrying Kross, being knighted, watching several of her children be knighted, moving to Ashtan, being a founder of the Savants, defeating the manifestation of the storm and meeting Lord Vastar in the eye of the storm, visiting Azatlan in a dream/vision, a lot of others I can't even begin to list right now
Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: All the drama surrounding the end of her time as Imperiate and staying far too long in Cyrene out of duty and not out of heart
Superstitions: She's a firm believer in fates, fortunes, and karma (not the Occultist kind, but the 'bitch is gonna get what's coming to her' kind).
Three words to describe this character: strong, caring, loyal
If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? This is hard! I'm not really sure what would play. I'm open to suggestions!
Name: Ariettie Da'Navi...
Did anyone besides me notice Carmain's answers identify the character as female?Edit: questions 34 and 35.
Height: Few inches shy of six feet
Eye color: Close to emeralds
Physical appearance: Pale, raven hair, scarred up.
Strange or unique physical attributes: Missing an eye.
Favorite clothing style/outfit: A pair of robes
Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Targossas.
Chatty, but nice.
Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip
when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): She
likes to lace her fingers together, her lips twitch in amusement a lot too.
Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like
to change: Her appearance is changing still, this may be a question best to
inquire once it is finished changing.
Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): She’s normally quiet, until the situation demands
it for her to be differently. She observes whilst she is quiet though.
Pet peeves: Random people giving her a hug. Affections in
Fondest memory: Deciding to go to Targossas after all this
time. Also having quite the surprise when the Bloodsworn showed up for her first Targossian sermon.
Hobbies/interests: Ritualism, theology, combat, teaching.
Special skills/abilities: A ritualist. She’s quite handy at
getting projects done that need to be done.
Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Slow to
anger, yet best to move when she is angry. She is disciplined and reserved, but
Negative traits: She puts on too much work and stretches
herself too thin at times.
Things that upset him or her: Those that refuse to listen.
Things that embarrass him or her: Having tea to be stolen
This character is highly opinionated about: Tea of course
Any phobias?: She fears nothing. Mhaldor stomped out the
fear within her. Particularly her former Master.
Things that make him or her happy: Spending time with her
new friends and old friends in Targossas, learning different attributes.
Experiencing new things.
Family (describe): She no longer has a family.
Deepest, darkest secret: If she told you, she’d have to kill
Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: That’s her
Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people
like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): I don’t have the faintest idea, that would be
a better question to inquire to them, don’t you think?
Favorite bands/songs/type of music: N/A
Favorite movies: N/A
Favorite TV shows: N/A
Favorite books: Theology or History.
Favorite foods: Tea, always tea.
Favorite sports/sports teams: N/A
Political views: What must be done, she obeys Their Will.
Religion/philosophy of life: The Bloodsworn
Physical health: Recovering from a Cleansing Ritual that
removed a lot of the taint of Evil from her.
Dream vacation: I have no idea, ask her. She’s incredibly
weird about going places.
Description of his or her house: Doesn’t have one that she
can access, that she owns.
Description of his or her bedroom: N/A. Why in the heck
would you want to know that anyways?
Any pets? An owl, named Kitia
Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Lord
Sartan summoning her to His Chambers and bestowing a special item, specifically
for her for her hardwork and dedication with her service. It was a bloodsteel
talon. Likely also becoming His head of Layorder.
Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: She
ran out tea
Three words to describe this character: Discipline,
If a song played every time this character walked into the
room, what song would it be? Unsure
True story, I got to hang out with Voltaire after his show a few years back at Dragon*Con.
@Kitiara Taraza knows. Taraza always knows.
Things that embarrass him or her: @Leliel as her daughter
-weeps quietly- no more cotton candy shipments dangit
While I wouldn’t want to give away everything, I’ll let a few tidbits slip just because I think it’s
an interesting window into how others develop, design, and grow their
Name: Lala Al'Jafri (nee D'Ischai-Windsong)
· Age: 104 years old.
· Height: Almost 5 foot on a good day. Loves her stiletto heels.
· Eye color: A very bright, almost luminous, emerald green.
· Physical appearance: Very petite and curvy (think Siren proportions), with sun-kissed skin and freckles. Wild bright fire red hair, and massive snowy wings spattered with an artist's palette of colour.
· Strange or unique physical attributes: When she became a serpent she grew fangs. There may be a diamond in one of them.
· Favorite clothing style/outfit: Elegant and refined, long gowns made of sumputous fabrics. Her closet is filled with an entire rainbow of colour. To choose just one would be to play favorites.
· Where does he or she live? What is it like there? In her sprawling Estate in Ashtan. Though she sometimes runs away with her husband aboard her decked out ship.
· Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Glitter. She is known as the crazy glitter butterfly of Ashtan.
· Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: She would like to be taller. Recently bequeathed with a gem of transmutation, she has been living it up as a Siren and Kitty. Though she hasn't quite figured out how to make herself taller with it. Yet.
· Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Hyper, with a lot of stumbling over her tongue when she gets really excited.
· Pet peeves: Liars, people who assume they know her without ever having spoken to her.
· Fondest memory: Re-meeting @Atalkez, and realizing the connection they had. Having the wedding of her dreams, quite a few dates they went on. Basically anything to do with @atalkez.
· Hobbies/interests: Hunting, designing, cooking, being cute and chatty.
· Special skills/abilities: The ability to design anything, from Mhaldorian prayer beads to a bunny headband.
· Insecurities: When people judge her, or assume things based on rumours, or thinking she's vapid. It upsets her, and makes her feel very insecure.
· Quirks/eccentricities: The way her brain works (and this is my own fault OOC). Jumping from topic to topic in the strangest manner, with only a brief connection between the two. A lot of people do a double take and wonder what we are talking about until they realize the topic changed in a whole different tangent.
· Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Sweet and affectionate, protective of her husband and family. Rambunctious and hyper, even without sugar.
· Negative traits: A bit rowdy and loud. Too trusting of people. Kind of naive. And she can go from nice to bitch in a second flat. Has a very strong vengeance mentality. You upset me I will burn your house down type thing.
· Things that upset him or her: People gossiping about her, spreading lies, 'warning' her friends that she's all these bad things.
· Things that embarrass him or her: Her ex-husband. sticking up for him, and being naive to what he was really like and all the people who tried to warn her about him.
· This character is highly opinionated about: Truth
· Any phobias? Spiders.
· Things that make him or her happy: Working hard and being noticed for it. Designing. Spending time with her husband.
· Family (describe): Doesn't talk to her father or mother as both are dormant, and there is bad blood there. Building a family with @atalkez, son @khel, daughter @ixora.
· Deepest, darkest secret: She wishes she never had @aesi. His betrayal on numerous levels damaged her deeply.
· Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: Because her husband still hopes the family can heal. She tries for his sake, but it gets thrown back in her face by @aesi all the time. Leaving the wound constantly open and raw.
· Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): They think she is stupid and vapid, a bit of a ditz. Quite a few other things because people like to listen to gossip and not find out the truth.
· Favorite bands/songs/type of music: The sound of Nature, still. The tinkle of chimes, a good rousing song.
· Favorite movies: She would be a total action junkie
· Favorite TV shows: Disney princesses and my little pony
· Favorite books: Divine histories and mythology
· Favorite foods: Sugar
· Favorite sports/sports teams: Hockey, cause it's brutal. MMA fighting for the same reason. Gladiator combat makes her swoon.
· Political views: Neutral
· Religion/philosophy of life: Former Pandoran, she still has that Mischievous bend. Hasn't really found a God she wants to worship again.
· Physical health: Fit and Healthy
· Dream vacation: Remote Island
· Description of his or her house: A massive estate by a river with an underground grotto, a vineyard, stable, gazebo and hedge maze.
· Description of his or her bedroom: Dark navy walls with a bronze four poster bed and similar accents. Very dream-like and cosy
· Any pets? Last count she has about fifty. She likes to rescue small and fluffy things.
· Best thing that has ever happened to this character: @atalkez, getting dragon.
· Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Finding out the truth of her ex-husband's deeds.
· Superstitions: There is magic in Annwy you just have to know where to find it. Also the Underworld is creepy.
· Three words to describe this character: Bouncy, hardworking, generous.
· If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be?
Lala said:· Things that embarrass him or her: Her ex-husband. sticking up for him, and being naive to what he was really like and all the people who tried to warn her about him.
Lala said:· Things that embarrass him or her: Her ex-husband. sticking up for him, and being naive to what he was really like and all the people who tried to warn her about him.
I'm so sorry but I laughed.
Eye color: Muddy brown
Physical appearance: Wiry, lean, filthy – unkempt hair, dirt
smudges everywhere, smells like a locker room.
Strange or unique physical attributes: Red tattoos cover her
arms. No one has asked about them ;_;
Favorite clothing style/outfit: Anything in which she can
move free and unhindered. Usually trousers and a sleeveless shirt; sometimes a
cloak. Sandals are a must.
Where does he or she live? What is it like there? She lives in Eleusis. A hive of scum and
villany. It’s been pretty lonely for her since she last woke.
Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or
she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): She glowers a lot and usually crosses her
arms. When she’s impatient, she drums her fingers on her sword hilt.
Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to
change: It’d be nice if I was more muscular, she thinks to herself.
Maybe add some facial tattoos for a more wild look.
Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Monotone. Clipped, one- or two-word sentences
at most. Barely knows how to talk and has the vocabulary of a beginning English
student. Determined not to let this slow her down, but she gets
frustrated when she can’t understand others and vice versa.
Pet peeves: People
she perceives as weak (people who don’t
appreciate fighting, mainly), magic, swordsmanship styles outside of TwoArts,
reading, long conversations, strangers
Fondest memory: Learning to fight with her mentor,
Hobbies/interests: TwoArts techniques and theory (though she
can’t articulate it very well), Shindo-as-magic
Special skills/abilities: Check 'em
Insecurities: That she’ll never be able to fight as well as
she did when her player was more active and Darkender was around to give combat
Quirks/eccentricities: She has a sense of ‘cuteness’; that
is, she likes cute things such as baby animals, potted lycopods, etc. Nobody
would guess it, though.
Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Belligerent,
rude, irritating, and appears simple-minded.
Negative traits: Belligerent, rude, irritating, and
simple-minded. Also arrogant.
Things that upset him or her: Losing fights; being turned
down for spars. Short, bearded axe-wielders. Magic users.
Things that embarrass him or her: Not being able to
articulate herself. Being practically illiterate. When she wakes up and finds
her sword has decayed. Losing Darkender’s sword.
This character is highly opinionated about: The supremacy of
TwoArts as a fighting style. Dwarves as disgusting creatures.
Any phobias? Not really, until she’s lost a fight to
something, which makes her wary of it from there forward.
Things that make him or her happy: Winning fights, learning
skills, demonstrating sword arts to people who care to watch. People showing an interest in her despite her poor verbal skills
Family (describe): Tabula Rasa
Deepest, darkest secret: She’s been considering leaving Eleusis for quite a while.
· Reason he or she kept this secret for so
long: She doesn’t feel like it’s anyone else’s business what she
does, and doesn’t like feeling connected to others.
Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about
this character? What do they dislike about this character?): You
tell me! I don’t think Katsuragi’s particularly well-known.
Favorite bands/songs/type of music: She hasn’t really been
exposed to music!
Favorite movies: The Seven Samurai, Rashomon, Yojimbo…hypothetically!
Favorite TV shows: Not
sure what she’d like.
Favorite books: The Book of Five Rings!
Favorite foods: Grilled
Favorite sports/sports teams: Uh…
Political views: Libertarian/Might
· Religion/philosophy of life: There is surely nothing other than the single
purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment
after moment. There will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue.
Live being true to the single purpose of the moment. (attr. Yamamoto Tsunetomo)
Physical health: Healthy as an ox!
Dream vacation: She’s
heard of Arcadia and wants to go, but didn’t understand the bit about
passwords. Also it’d end in a bloodbath, probably.
· Description of his or her house:
Description of his or her bedroom: A sandy riverside
Any pets? Nope!
Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Her
first arena victory – and the subsequent ones after that.
Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Darkender going dormant.
Superstitions: Not civilized enough for those!
Three words to describe this character: Taciturn. Quiet. Brutal.
a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would
Atalkez said:Special skills/abilities: Combat skills mainly, RPS champion