(Another) Character Questionnaire

Comments

• Ariettie said:
    1. Name: Ariettie Da'Navi

I appreciate this as you, Flametounge, Asara, and Tsavonglah, were the first people I interacted with when I started playing Achaea and that's what got me hooked at the beginning. 'Course the old promotional "buy credits within x-weeks of making a character for extra lessons" led to the then-alt Belus and a change of cities, but that initial play time sold me on the richness of the world.
  • edited November 2015
    Did anyone besides me notice Carmain's answers identify the character as female?

Edit: questions 34 and 35.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Boosteya said:
    Did anyone besides me notice Carmain's answers identify the character as female?

Edit: questions 34 and 35.
    He did spend a few years as High Lady of the Maldaathi.

• Name: Taraza

Height: Few inches shy of six feet

Eye color: Close to emeralds

Physical appearance: Pale, raven hair, scarred up.

Strange or unique physical attributes: Missing an eye.

Favorite clothing style/outfit: A pair of robes

Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Targossas. Chatty, but nice.

Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): She likes to lace her fingers together, her lips twitch in amusement a lot too.

Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Her appearance is changing still, this may be a question best to inquire once it is finished changing.

Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.):  She’s normally quiet, until the situation demands it for her to be differently. She observes whilst she is quiet though.

Pet peeves: Random people giving her a hug. Affections in public. Idiocy.

Fondest memory: Deciding to go to Targossas after all this time. Also having quite the surprise when the Bloodsworn showed up for her first Targossian sermon. 

Hobbies/interests: Ritualism, theology, combat, teaching.

Special skills/abilities: A ritualist. She’s quite handy at getting projects done that need to be done.

Insecurities: None

Quirks/eccentricities:  None

Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Slow to anger, yet best to move when she is angry. She is disciplined and reserved, but loyal.

Negative traits: She puts on too much work and stretches herself too thin at times.

Things that upset him or her: Those that refuse to listen.

Things that embarrass him or her: Having tea to be stolen

This character is highly opinionated about: Tea of course

Any phobias?: She fears nothing. Mhaldor stomped out the fear within her. Particularly her former Master.

Things that make him or her happy: Spending time with her new friends and old friends in Targossas, learning different attributes. Experiencing new things.

Family (describe): She no longer has a family.

Deepest, darkest secret: If she told you, she’d have to kill you.

Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: That’s her business.

Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?):  I don’t have the faintest idea, that would be a better question to inquire to them, don’t you think?

Favorite bands/songs/type of music: N/A

Favorite movies: N/A

Favorite TV shows: N/A

Favorite books: Theology or History.

Favorite foods: Tea, always tea.

Favorite sports/sports teams: N/A

Political views: What must be done, she obeys Their Will.

Religion/philosophy of life: The Bloodsworn

Physical health: Recovering from a Cleansing Ritual that removed a lot of the taint of Evil from her.

Dream vacation: I have no idea, ask her. She’s incredibly weird about going places.

Description of his or her house: Doesn’t have one that she can access, that she owns.

Description of his or her bedroom: N/A. Why in the heck would you want to know that anyways?

Any pets? An owl, named Kitia

Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Lord Sartan summoning her to His Chambers and bestowing a special item, specifically for her for her hardwork and dedication with her service. It was a bloodsteel talon. Likely also becoming His head of Layorder.

Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: She ran out tea

Superstitions: None

Three words to describe this character: Discipline, reserved, motivated

If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Unsure 

• Name: Kotaru Corvusala

Height: 5'4"

Eye color: Ocean blue

Physical appearance: Snow-white hair and wings, well tanned, forever stuck youthful and androgynous, wears glasses.

Strange or unique physical attributes: The white hair, his body size (quite small in stature/shape) and andro- androgynity?

Favorite clothing style/outfit: A black and ice blue formal performance suit, with glimmery silver thread embroidered through it, designed by him in his early 20s. Usually anything flashy and bright, otherwise.

Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Cyrene. It's.. Cyrene.

Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): This depends on the mood and setting. His normal state is rather subdued and keeping to himself with little movements. When he is in more of a 'performing' mood, he overemphasizes actions to make them more showy.

Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: At the moment, nothing really. When he was younger he wished he were taller or bigger in general, but he has come to peace with his appearance.

Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Mostly softly and carefully, each word is spoken deliberately and without use of contractions. There are also often pauses where he considers what he is going to say.

Pet peeves: People who complain about being bored, people who complain about Cyrene while choosing to spend their time in it, arrogance.

Fondest memory:
    The brief time he got to spend with his birth mother, I suppose.

Hobbies/interests: Acting in plays. Writing plays. Thinking about plays. Designing clothing. Thinking about clothing. (Wearing clothing?) Reading. Sailing and fishing.

Special skills/abilities: Pretty good clothing designer, or so he's told. Also writer. Don't know if these are particularly special skills or abilities though.

Insecurities: Tends to stress that he does not contribute enough to those around him, or that he does not work hard enough, or produce promised results. Worries about not reaching his potential in his work. Doesn't think he's very interesting outside of his work.

Quirks/eccentricities: He's uh.. how can I put this. He's often 'faaabulous', and enjoys dressing up in both male and female outfits and appearances just for the fun of it, and enjoys playing the costumes up. Doesn't seem to like making money with any of his talents.

Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Quiet, thoughtful, patient, forgiving and helpful, with spatterings of playfulness. The quiet goes out the door if he is 'performing', whether on stage or just being showy in public.

Negative traits: Absent minded, a bit too flirty, too nice for his own good, has trouble saying 'no', tends to keep things inside, and tends to become anxious/angry when information is held back from him.

Things that upset him or her: Finding out that he has been acting on incorrect/incomplete information, his imagination not working.

Things that embarrass him or her: His memory, a lot of the time.

This character is highly opinionated about: He believes people should choose to do that which fulfills them and makes them happy with and confident in themselves, rather than 'following the herd' mindlessly, feeling forced to do that which is 'recommended', or basing their self-worth on the opinions of others. He is also against prejudice.

Any phobias?
    Failure.

Things that make him or her happy: Inspiration hitting, the presence of his friends, the feeling he gets while performing for an audience.

Family (describe): Complicated. Was born to Eirinn, raised by Ravaella, then passed to Ishyna. It is his goal to forge his own family now, which he has begun with the eternally impressive Edena and the sweet and talented Elizabella.

Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Depends on the person. Many people think he is a ne'er do well; a lazy, creepy ladykiller. People that know him tend to express that they are impressed by his creativity, or that he's very sweet.

Favorite foods: Cyrene's Holoburgers.

Religion/philosophy of life: That one should find and forge their own path in life.

Physical health: Pretty fit; not particularly strong, but he is very agile and quick.

Best thing that has ever happened to this character: His sadly departed wife, Saralynne.

Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Possibly his mistakes that led to leaving Cyrene earlier in his life, and how he lived after this happened.

Three words to describe this character: Actor, tailor, boring.
    • NAME: Averitti.
    • HEIGHT: Five foot four inches.
    • EYE COLOR: Pale violet/purple.
    • PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Petite, yellow-gold tabby with blue-black hair.
    • UNIQUE ATTRIBUTES: Jokeresque scars on either side of her lips, attained when @Cresil caught her smiling too much. She also has a short, stubby tail as opposed to a naturally long one, due to being maimed in a childhood incident.
    • FAVORITE CLOTHING? She loves her insidious cloak, the pearl pendant and choker that @Drefan bought her, the outfit tailored for her by @Tharvis ..
    • Where does she live? What is it like there? Mhaldor, and it's a never-ending party.
    • Defining gestures/movements? Her tail switches [swishes] when she's aggravated or annoyed, though the full effect is ruined by its stumpiness. Her ears also relay her emotions and, like a true feline, she's known to purr and knead her hands against surfaces when something pleases her.
    • What're some things about her appearance she would most like to change? She wants to have her tail to the way it was before the incident that ruined it.
    • SPEAKING STYLE: She talks in a very quiet manner, unless the circumstances have riled her somehow and even then, her emotions are carefully controlled.
    • PET PEEVES: She hates being touched or treated intimately by strangers and she doesn't allow anyone to touch her at the base of her spine [right above her tail] ever, for very personal reasons. She's very tetchy about littering and will not hesitate to give you the third degree if you dare litter in front of her.
    • FONDEST MEMORIES: Hmm. She often looks back with fondness on the times when @Tharvis took her hunting and bought her those pumpkin bags. And more recently, when @Drefan took her to Bopalopia and they spent the night.
    • HOBBIES/INTERESTS: She enjoys sailing, when she can find someone with a ship who's willing to allow her to tag along. Ritualism is her primary interest, however.
    • SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES: Her class skills and tradeskills, I suppose.
    • INSECURITIES: Her tail.
    • QUIRKS: She likes to stay clean. She startles easily. She's a tsundere.
    • TEMPERAMENT: She's a tsundere.

(XXXX): Peak says, "You worry me."
  • True story, I got to hang out with Voltaire after his show a few years back at Dragon*Con.

• Trey said:
    True story, I got to hang out with Voltaire after his show a few years back at Dragon*Con.
      Yes he is famous for doing this, when he has shows he goes early to meet and hang out with his fans. I just went to a show in MA a few months ago and we hung out with him for a bit. Awesome guy!
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• @Kitiara Taraza knows. Taraza always knows. 

• Taraza said:
    @Kitiara Taraza knows. Taraza always knows. 

Nuuuuuuu haha
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• @Kitiara

Things that embarrass him or her: @Leliel as her daughter

-weeps quietly- no more cotton candy shipments dangit

Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh hurty, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh fighty, hurty, fighty, hurty, fighty, slicey, slicey, facey, kickey -

art stream / twitter / ko-fi
  • Nice try, Achaean NSA.
  •  Name: Lala Al'Jafri (nee  D'Ischai-Windsong)

·  Height: Almost  5 foot on a good day. Loves her stiletto heels. 

·  Eye color: A very bright, almost luminous, emerald green. 

·  Physical appearance:  Very petite and curvy (think Siren proportions), with sun-kissed skin and freckles. Wild bright fire red hair, and massive snowy wings spattered with an artist's palette of colour. 

·  Strange or unique physical attributes:  When she became a serpent she grew fangs. There may be a diamond in one of them.

·  Favorite clothing style/outfit: Elegant and refined, long gowns made of sumputous fabrics. Her closet is filled with an entire rainbow of colour. To choose just one would be to play favorites.

·  Where does he or she live? What is it like there? In her sprawling Estate in Ashtan. Though she sometimes runs away with her husband aboard her decked out ship. 

·  Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Glitter. She is known as the crazy glitter butterfly of Ashtan. 

·  Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: She would like to be taller. Recently bequeathed with a gem of transmutation, she has been living it up as a Siren and Kitty. Though she hasn't quite figured out how to make herself taller with it. Yet. 

·  Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Hyper, with a lot of stumbling over her tongue when she gets really excited.

·  Pet peeves: Liars, people who assume they know her without ever having spoken to her. 

·  Fondest memory: Re-meeting @Atalkez, and realizing the connection they had. Having the wedding of her dreams, quite a few dates they went on. Basically anything to do with @atalkez

·  Hobbies/interests: Hunting, designing, cooking, being cute and chatty. 

·  Special skills/abilities: The ability to design anything, from Mhaldorian prayer beads to a bunny headband. 

·  Insecurities: When people judge her, or assume things based on rumours, or thinking she's vapid. It upsets her, and makes her feel very insecure.

·  Quirks/eccentricities:  The way her brain works (and this is my own fault OOC). Jumping from topic to topic in the strangest manner, with only a brief connection between the two. A lot of people do a double take and wonder what we are talking about until they realize the topic changed in a whole different tangent. 

·  Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Sweet and affectionate, protective of her husband and family.  Rambunctious and hyper, even without sugar.

·  Negative traits: A bit rowdy and loud. Too trusting of people. Kind of naive. And she can go from nice to bitch in a second flat. Has a very strong vengeance mentality. You upset me I will burn your house down type thing.

·  Things that upset him or her: People gossiping about her, spreading lies, 'warning' her friends that she's all these bad things. 

·  Things that embarrass him or her: Her ex-husband. sticking up for him, and being naive to what he was really like and all the people who tried to warn her about him.

·  This character is highly opinionated about: Truth

·  Any phobias? Spiders

·  Things that make him or her happy: Working hard and being noticed for it. Designing. Spending time with her husband. 

·  Family (describe): Doesn't talk to her father or mother as both are dormant, and there is bad blood there. Building a family with @atalkez, son @khel, daughter @ixora.

·  Deepest, darkest secret: She wishes she never had @aesi. His betrayal on numerous levels damaged her deeply. 

·  Reason he or she kept this secret for so long:  Because her husband still hopes the family can heal. She tries for his sake, but it gets thrown back in her face by @aesi all the time.  Leaving the wound constantly open and raw. 

·  Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): They think she is stupid and vapid, a bit of a ditz. Quite a few other things because people like to listen to gossip and not find out the truth.

·  Favorite bands/songs/type of music:  The sound of Nature, still. The tinkle of chimes, a good rousing song.

·  Favorite movies: She would be a total action junkie

·  Favorite TV shows: Disney princesses and my little pony

·  Favorite books: Divine histories and mythology

·  Favorite foods: Sugar

·  Favorite sports/sports teams: Hockey, cause it's brutal. MMA fighting for the same reason. Gladiator combat makes her swoon.

·  Political views: Neutral

·  Religion/philosophy of life: Former Pandoran, she still has that Mischievous bend. Hasn't really found a God she wants to worship again.

·  Physical health: Fit and Healthy

·  Dream vacation: Remote Island

·  Description of his or her house: A massive estate by a river with an underground grotto, a vineyard, stable, gazebo and hedge maze.

·  Description of his or her bedroom: Dark navy walls with a bronze four poster bed and similar accents. Very dream-like and cosy

·  Any pets? Last count she has about fifty. She likes to rescue small and fluffy things.

·  Best thing that has ever happened to this character: @atalkez, getting dragon. 

·  Worst thing that has ever happened to this character:  Finding out the truth of her ex-husband's deeds.

·  Superstitions: There is magic in Annwy you just have to know where to find it. Also the Underworld is creepy.

·  Three words to describe this character: Bouncy, hardworking, generous.

·  If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? 

• Lala said:

·  Things that embarrass him or her: Her ex-husband. sticking up for him, and being naive to what he was really like and all the people who tried to warn her about him.

I'm so sorry but I laughed.

• Trey said:
    Lala said:

I'm so sorry but I laughed.
    I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I'd just come back from a 5-year hiatus and he met Lala when she was 20 something. So yeah :(
  • Name: Atalkez Al'Jafri
    Height: 6'7 or something. Tall
    Eye color: Hazel
    Physical appearance: Large, well-toned, not overly muscular
    Strange or unique physical attributes: The escarbuncle carved into his wrist. His hairstyle
    Favorite clothing style/outfit: Whatever the wife gives him to wear
    Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Ashtan. Depends on the day and who is around.
    Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Playfulness, not many see this side of him
    Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Nothing
    Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Smooth, thoughtful. Not overly emotional
    Pet peeves: Laziness or apathy, lying
    Fondest memory: Marrying @Lala, having a family, finding his place in the warrior population of the world
    Hobbies/interests: Fighting, reading, fighting, family, fighting
    Special skills/abilities: Combat skills mainly, RPS champion
    Insecurities: Failure
    Quirks/eccentricities: Things amuse him that traditionally do not amuse others.
    Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Laid back, easy going. Calm
    Negative traits: Tunnel vision
    Things that upset him or her: See pet peeves
    Things that embarrass him or her: Losing
    This character is highly opinionated about: Combat, Politics, Religion
    Any phobias? Losing
    Things that make him or her happy: @Lala, his children, the sound of his blade slicing through the air
    Family (describe): @Lala, @Aesi, @Ixora, @Khel - issues there may be, but he loves them just the same. Even if he is disappointed in how some things have gone
    Deepest, darkest secret: He misses @Aurora
    Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: He's a headstrong man. Emotions are not his strong suit.
    Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Deadly, but you'd have to ask them.
    Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Not a music kind of guy. 
    Favorite movies: Action
    Favorite TV shows: Intellectual things. Histories, documentaries etc
    Favorite books: Fantasy
    Favorite foods: Whatever @Lala feeds him
    Favorite sports/sports teams: Ashtan
    Political views: Kill 'em all
    Religion/philosophy of life: well that's sort of an issue right now. Ashtan lacks an identity, and thus he does as well.
    Physical health: Outstanding
    Dream vacation: Garden of the Gods
    Description of his or her house: Rooms and stuff
    Description of his or her bedroom: 4 walls and a bed
    Any pets? A few. Two that he wishes the Gods would take from him.
    Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Moving to Ashtan, marrying @Lala, having his kids
    Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: His wife and son fighting, the backlash from Targossas when he left
    Superstitions: None
    Three words to describe this character: Devoted, Savage, Truthful
    If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Oops. I promised @Verrucht I'd do this ages ago and forgot. Thanks for reviving it!
    1. Name: Kandra Dawyn
    2. Age: 75
    3. Height: Petite.
    4. Eye color: Orange.
    5. Physical appearance: Petite.
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: Nothing probably.
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: Changing. Can be an elegant gown one day and a playful sundress another day and an oversized men's blouse another day.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Cyrene. Chilly and damp.
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Probably stands out in her house for answering salutes with affection, and outside her house for answering everything with cold indifference.
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Everything, often, like a wardrobe.
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Quiet. Reserved. Quiet. Occasionally excited, then there's squealing. Total daddy's girl.
    12. Pet peeves: Ma'am.
    13. Fondest memory: Not really, but the little things are huge. Teasing Verrucht about expired lemonade and getting it spit all over her in front of an amused novice she was testing. All the bodyguard stuff with Lari. Had a personal goal to melt the ice barrier surrounding mister feelings-r-gross and recently achieved a half hug.
    14. Hobbies/interests: Nothing. She's too busy with others to do much for herself.
    15. Special skills/abilities: As above.
    16. Insecurities: When a housemate leaves or takes the long nap, she thinks she failed to make a good place for them.
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: Naive in regards to dirty jokes. If you crack one, she doesn't get it. I do. Don't stop!
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Level. It can be hard to tell the difference between how she reacts to someone she's happy to see and someone she's unhappy to see.
    19. Negative traits: She doesn't make any time for herself.
    20. Things that upset him or her: Malice.
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: She never stands up for herself.
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: Service above self.
    23. Any phobias? Upsetting Momma.
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Lari
    25. Family (describe): Both parents are extremely successful in politics, which makes her try hard to be worthy of them. She adores her Momma and Daddy and embraces the child-like dynamic, which might startle people who are used to seeing her in another setting. She doesn't know anyone else.
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: The name of the god she admires.
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: Cyrene
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Nobody knows anything about her. Whatever they can craft from that is up to them.
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Wind chimes. (thanks Kaevan)
    30. Favorite movies: The Less-Aggressive menace.
    31. Favorite TV shows: Memorable quotes.
    32. Favorite books: a Volunteer's Guide to the Vashnarian Shield
    33. Favorite foods: Rum.
    34. Favorite sports/sports teams: Word scrambles.
    35. Political views: Never elect someone with leadership as their goal.
    36. Religion/philosophy of life: City defence.
    37. Physical health: Scientifically enhanced.
    38. Dream vacation: No.
    39. Description of his or her house: Daddy's.
    40. Description of his or her bedroom: Restful grotto.
    41. Any pets? A death's head moth she died a lot to earn. A pygmy hippo her son gave her. A pony named Boom her father gave her. Soon: a spider named Bumtu (boom two)
    42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Verrucht
    43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Crazy bitches.
    44. Superstitions: If you think you're going to win, you've already lost.
    45. Three words to describe this character: hot and cold
    46. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? 
  • edited December 2015
    I'll bite.

Name: 
    Katsuragi

·  Height: Average

·  Eye color: Muddy brown

·  Physical appearance: Wiry, lean, filthy – unkempt hair, dirt smudges everywhere, smells like a locker room.

·  Strange or unique physical attributes: Red tattoos cover her arms. No one has asked about them ;_;

·  Favorite clothing style/outfit: Anything in which she can move free and unhindered. Usually trousers and a sleeveless shirt; sometimes a cloak. Sandals are a must.

·  Where does he or she live? What is it like there? She lives in Eleusis. A hive of scum and villany. It’s been pretty lonely for her since she last woke.

·  Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): She glowers a lot and usually crosses her arms. When she’s impatient, she drums her fingers on her sword hilt.

·  Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: It’d be nice if I was more muscular, she thinks to herself. Maybe add some facial tattoos for a more wild look.

·  Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Monotone. Clipped, one- or two-word sentences at most. Barely knows how to talk and has the vocabulary of a beginning English student. Determined not to let this slow her down, but she gets frustrated when she can’t understand others and vice versa.

·  Pet peeves:  People she perceives as weak  (people who don’t appreciate fighting, mainly), magic, swordsmanship styles outside of TwoArts, reading, long conversations, strangers

·  Fondest memory: Learning to fight with her mentor, Darkender.

·  Hobbies/interests: TwoArts techniques and theory (though she can’t articulate it very well), Shindo-as-magic

·  Special skills/abilities: Check 'em

·  Insecurities: That she’ll never be able to fight as well as she did when her player was more active and Darkender was around to give combat advice.

·  Quirks/eccentricities: She has a sense of ‘cuteness’; that is, she likes cute things such as baby animals, potted lycopods, etc. Nobody would guess it, though.

·  Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Belligerent, rude, irritating, and appears simple-minded.

·  Negative traits: Belligerent, rude, irritating, and simple-minded. Also arrogant.

·  Things that upset him or her: Losing fights; being turned down for spars. Short, bearded axe-wielders. Magic users.

·  Things that embarrass him or her: Not being able to articulate herself. Being practically illiterate. When she wakes up and finds her sword has decayed. Losing Darkender’s sword.

·  This character is highly opinionated about: The supremacy of TwoArts as a fighting style. Dwarves as disgusting creatures.

·  Any phobias? Not really, until she’s lost a fight to something, which makes her wary of it from there forward.

·  Things that make him or her happy: Winning fights, learning skills, demonstrating sword arts to people who care to watch. People showing an interest in her despite her poor verbal skills

·  Family (describe): Tabula Rasa

·  Deepest, darkest secret: She’s been considering leaving Eleusis for quite a while.

·  Reason he or she kept this secret for so long:  She doesn’t feel like it’s anyone else’s business what she does, and doesn’t like feeling connected to others.

·  Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?):  You tell me! I don’t think Katsuragi’s particularly well-known.

·  Favorite bands/songs/type of music: She hasn’t really been exposed to music!

·  Favorite movies: The Seven Samurai, Rashomon, Yojimbo…hypothetically!

·  Favorite TV shows: Not sure what she’d like.

·  Favorite books: The Book of Five Rings!

·  Favorite foods: Grilled eel skewers

·  Favorite sports/sports teams: Uh…

·  Political views: Libertarian/Might makes Right

·  Religion/philosophy of life: There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. There will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue. Live being true to the single purpose of the moment. (attr. Yamamoto Tsunetomo)

·  Physical health: Healthy as an ox!

·  Dream vacation: She’s heard of Arcadia and wants to go, but didn’t understand the bit about passwords. Also it’d end in a bloodbath, probably.

·  Description of his or her house:  

·  Description of his or her bedroom: A sandy riverside somewhere.

·  Any pets? Nope!

·  Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Her first arena victory – and the subsequent ones after that.

·  Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Darkender going dormant.

·  Superstitions:  Not civilized enough for those!

·  Three words to describe this character: Taciturn. Quiet. Brutal.

·  If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? 

I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • Atalkez said:
    Special skills/abilities: Combat skills mainly, RPS champion

@Peak would like a word with you.

I'll take a stab at this, I guess? Probably gonna remove a few of the questions...

1. Name: Ryzeth Ketevah
    2. Age: 34
    3. Height: 6ft, give or take an inch,
    4. Eye color: Cloudy grey (similar to a blind person's eye colour),
    5. Physical appearance: Um.. Athletic? I guess. Not scrawny, not muscular,
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: His wings, when they're shown (have 2 descs, 1 with wings, 1 without #chaos), are almost blindingly kaleidoscopic in colouring, which is also why he doesn't show them a lot,
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: His shirt that his wife designed (desc below),
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Ashtan. Hail Chaos,
    9. Defining gestures/movements: He's usually quiet-voiced, and very rarely shows 'true' anger - mostly just sarcastic/trolly kind,
    10. Pet peeves: Willful ignorance, overt arrogance,
    11. Fondest memory: Cheesy, but true: the first time hearing Azhelyn giggle, it's always something which manages to cheer him up,
    12. Hobbies/interests: Hunting comprises most of his time when he's not with his wife (often times with her, as well), follower of Chaos about as strongly as you can be before treading into blind zealousness.
    13. Special skills/abilities: Historical knowledge, spent the better part of ~2 RL months doing nothing but reading through old books and such,
    14. Insecurities: Following off #11; doing something stupid that ends up hurting his wife in a way that is 'non-fixable' (not cheating, just.. other things),
    15. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Very calm when he speaks, to the point of annoying a few select people,
    16. Negative traits: (some see it as one) - he's very blunt and honest about his feelings of people,
    17. Things that upset him or her: (never-ending trend it seems...) - the only thing which ever truly upsets him, is seeing Azhelyn upset,
    18. Things that embarrass him or her: @Adaele can probably vouch for me, when I say nothing. At all.
    19. This character is highly opinionated about: See #10- those types of people,
    20. Things that make him or her happy: #1 thing, is seeing/knowing Azhelyn is happy (with him, or just in general). Aside from that, would be progress. Personal, friends, house. General progress, of things he cares about,
    21. Family (describe): Orphaned, the Ketevah name was 'founded' by him- I stole it from my sister, who's used the 'handler' for the past ~8 RL years in other games,
    22. Deepest, darkest secret: Wouldn't be a very good Consortium member if I said this, let alone on the forums.
    23. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: wat is secrecy?
    24. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): Lots of people seem to dislike him, despite barely anyone actually knowing him. 90% of people's opinions are second-hand, or made up (you guys know -exactly- who you are),
    25. Favorite books: Very fond of the Mythos,
    26. Favorite foods: @Adaele's ice-cream,
    27. Political views: Rather not say this,
    28. Religion/philosophy of life: Thinks the 'Good' and 'Evil' Divine are a fake. Not in the sense that they're not real, but that their teachings and ideologies are horribly flawed, and that their followers are terribly misguided,
    29. Physical health: In shape,
    30. Description of his or her house: Azhelyn's house- if you wanna know it, ask her,
    31. Description of his or her bedroom: See above,
    32. Any pets? No, want a lion but don't wanna pay the price for one :(
    33. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: More cheesy truth. Meeting Azhelyn, she is the reason I didn't stop playing him, and continues to be the strongest reason for that,
    34. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Finding out people he had very high amounts of respect for, spread completely made up rumours about him and Azhelyn,
    35. Superstitions: Related to #28, which he'll gladly and openly talk about. He believes those Divine in particular are closer to Chaos than Babel is. -shrug-
    36. Three words to describe this character:  Stubborn, Introverted, Caring-(about people he likes, at least),
    37. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Doubt many will like/listen, but it relates to his feelings/emotions a lot! - especially the chorus.
            Lyrics here, for people who can't understand/want to read without watching.

And finally, his shirt:
    [spoiler] Appearance: a stygian black shirt emblazoned with a wolf.
    Dropped: A shirt of stygian black has been discarded here in a crumpled heap.
    Examined: Dyed in an ebon hue, this shirt enshrouds the wearer in a veil of shadows, the material blended with a mysterious thread which devours any light which may fall upon them. Stitched in a shimmering jet-black thread and dotting the surface with specks of subtle reflection, the form and shape of the shirt appears as a thin stencil of light upon the midnight darkness of the shirt, revealing the simple and robust design of this piece. The sleeves are long, ending in a simple cuff, and secured by a a pair of ebony wood buttons, with a single row of the same keeping the shirt closed in the front. The only decoration upon this shirt appears as a majectic and noble predatory creature emblazoned across the wearer's back. Glaring through blood red eyes in the silent menace of a predator on the prowl, a tundra wolf has been picked out of the midnight dark surface of the shirt in a bleached thread, delicately detailing the outline of the hunter, its lifelike resemblance causing it to appear as if it will leap with murderous intent from the fabric itself, a silhouette of deadly purpose upon the inky darkness of the garment.
    [/spoiler]

• MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    edited December 2015
    Name: Madelyne Jinx
    Height: right around five feet tall
    Eye color: stormy-gray, like the ocean
    Physical appearance: petite
    Strange or unique physical attributes: Like a permanent reminder that mischief goes hand in hand with responsibility, several inches over her right shoulder a charred circle about the size of an apple stands out in stark contrast to the otherwise alabaster, feathery appendage.
    Favorite clothing style/outfit: Is it pink? She'll wear it!
    Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Cyrene. Winter is there.
    Defining gestures/movements: She invented a dance called, "The Perl".
    Pet peeves: Poor grammar.
    Fondest memory: Finally passing her Geography exam in Ty Beirdd.
    Hobbies/interests: Drinking. Writing limericks. Fixing grammar.
    Insecurities: Speaking in public, performing art on stage in front of others.
    Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Why's the room spinning?
    Negative traits: It's not easy being Madelyne.
    Things that embarrass him or her: Not a whole lot.
    This character is highly opinionated about: Grammar.
    Things that make him or her happy: Seeing people she cares about happy.
    Family (describe): Parents - Euvenoch and Kaelar. Grandparents - She's only meet Ariettie and Zenokail. Children - More than a dozen! And plenty of beloved adopted family members, like members of the Virtuosi and @Aesi her "adopted" uncle and Elstan her step-brother. <3
    Deepest, darkest secret: Oh, it's no secret but once she put a dead cat in the Ty Beirdd suggestion box.
    Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: No secrets.
    Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): They either love her, or they think she's an uppity biatch. Not a lot of room for in-between.
    Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Lyaeus, the bard and Liron, the Cyrenian bard
    Favorite books: A gift-giving guide she wrote, that's in the Cyrene library.
    Favorite foods: Darkbrew.
    Political views: Neutral-good'ish with dark undertones.
    Religion/philosophy of life: Nobody's promised tomorrow. Not even the Divine.
    Physical health: 3620/3620
    Description of his or her house: Less pink than one might think.
    Description of his or her bedroom: It has trees, but lacks a fireplace. Seriously? The inside of a bed can be a garden environment but can't have a fireplace? What kind of crap is that?
    Any pets? Oh yeah, she's got a few pets. :proud: 
    Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Most recently, there was this drinking contest....
    Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Someone she trusted lied to her.
    Superstitions: Humans are born of chaos and will be the downfall of the free world. (Thanks, Agatheis!)
    Three words to describe this character: pink, glitter, mischief
    If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? Pink's "Raise Your Glass"
    1. Name: Elawien Tolmach
    2. Age: Forty-six
    3. Height: four feet and seven inches; between 1.4 and 1.5 meters.
    4. Eye color: a dull emerald green, though they change to a seafoam or a stormy grey.
    5. Physical appearance: slim and petite
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: None, that I know of.
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: She dresses up like a panda.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Targossas. 
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): She likes to grab people by the hands and twirl them about, but she's toning down on that for @Morthif
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Nothing!
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Depends on her mood.
    12. Pet peeves: If I said this, I might get in trouble. So.. People who annoy her.
    13. Fondest memory: Moving to Targossas. The first time @Deucalion popped out of thin air and scared the living bajeebus out of her. Getting dragon.
    14. Hobbies/interests: Working! She's not Elawien if she isn't surrounded by some sort of project.
    15. Special skills/abilities: Haven't really thought about this. Maybe jewellery making.
    16. Insecurities: The people she trusts will turn on her.
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: She's really hyper when she wants to be, but again. She's toning this down so Morthif doesn't hate her. (She wants people to at least like her).
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Hyper, she gets annoyed very easily, though.
    19. Negative traits:  Gets annoyed very easily and doesn't share things that is bothering her. She tends to take on way more than she can handle and in the end starts to resent @Micaelis or someone else who who gave her the last workload. 
    20. Things that upset him or her: Not beating a deadline.
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: I'm pretty sure I'd die if I put what did.
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: Tea, work.
    23. Any phobias? Nope!
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Tea! Work. @Deucalion. Her friends: @Aesi, @Taraza, @Tesha, and a lot more people. A lot more things, too. Hanging out with her son, @Izikiel, even though he's a dirty heathen. <3
    25. Family (describe): Can we not.
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: None. Too young.
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: N/A
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): I don't know! Ask them!
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: The sound of fire crackling. Mm, fire.
    30. Favorite movies: N/A
    31. Favorite TV shows: N/A
    32. Favorite books: @Soulfyriani's books that she found.
    33. Favorite foods:  The souls of her friends. @Ginovianna can be blamed for that.
    34. Favorite sports/sports teams: Foozle! Bandersnatch. Egghunts.
    35. Political views: She's not very political - she just likes helping out where she can.
    36. Religion/philosophy of life: Caefir
    37. Physical health: Healthy.
    38. Dream vacation: What is a vacation?
    39. Description of his or her house: N/A.
    40. Description of his or her bedroom: She doesn't have one.
    41. Any pets? A pet seal named Razzy from @Taraza, Meraboar from @Merador, a wolf pup from her dad and a few other critters. I can't remember who gave her the parrot, though.
    42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Moving to Targossas! 
    43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Not going to say. You'll have to learn.
    44. Superstitions: Yes.
    45. Three words to describe this character: Obnoxious, workaholic, hyper.
    46. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? N/A

• For now! I will have my  revenge! 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2015
    1. Name: Aepas Xa'sai
    2. Age: Kind of old
    3. Height: Much larger than an average human.
    4. Eye color: Amber
    5. Physical appearance: Hunched, reptilian and aggressive, only showing a sense of civility around known people/friends
    6. Strange or unique physical attributes: Scarred Face. Meaning that his teeth show because of his body's inability to hide or lower his lips from his teeth. His muzzle is wrapped in scars as though he once was gripped by something tight around his face.
    7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: Nothing, or lose clothes fitting of his Xoran nature.
    8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Shala-Khulia. The only place where Evil overcame the forests.
    9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): Aepas will rub at his muzzle or snout when he feels emberrased or doesn't know what to say in a given situation. He will slam his tail or breathe fire when exited.
    10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change:  Would like lips that can cover his teeth completely.
    11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Constant Echoes of multiple spirits, the spirit of the hydra, jaguar, and owl still speak with him making his voice echoed.
    12. Pet peeves: Giraffes.
    13. Fondest memory: Receiving a pangolin from his mother. Consummating his love for another.
    14. Hobbies/interests: Reading
    15. Special skills/abilities: Can talk to trees, forest, plants.
    16. Insecurities: people learning he is still a forest lover at heart. 
    17. Quirks/eccentricities: Hates Giraffes. Hates to eat meat.
    18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Doesn't talk much. Enjoys little ones, follows the lead of his mate.
    19. Negative traits: Slow to act. Sow to respond. Doesn't seem to care about the world. Irrelevance to global happenings.
    20. Things that upset him or her: Giraffes
    21. Things that embarrass him or her: Mistreating the Ash tree.
    22. This character is highly opinionated about: Religion
    23. Any phobias? Giraffes
    24. Things that make him or her happy: Plants, trees, the Ash Tree.
    25. Family (describe): Xa'sai. Given to him after being acknowledged as a bastard.
    26. Deepest, darkest secret: none
    27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: none
    28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): hontesly, it seems like people really dislike Aepas.
    29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Bagpipes/viola/violin/fiddle
    30. Favorite movies: N/A
    31. Favorite TV shows: N/A
    32. Favorite books: N/A
    33. Favorite foods: Mangoes.
    34. Favorite sports/sports teams: N/A
    35. Political views: Hail Sartan.
    36. Religion/philosophy of life: More Sartan
    37. Physical health: Xoran
    38. Dream vacation: Shala-Khulia 
    39. Description of his or her house: Abandon manor
    40. Description of his or her bedroom: ask his mate, too saucy for public knowledge.
    41. Any pets? Pangolin
    42. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Becoming Sartai.
    43. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: Changing from Druid.
    44. Superstitions: Giraffe
    45. Three words to describe this character: Best. awesome. Xoran.
    Theme song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQI9OIM0Wy8
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
This discussion has been closed.