Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

updated quest information

AlcaroAlcaro Posts: 153Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
is it safe to say that the quest information on sites like http://www.achaea.info/ and https://sites.google.com/site/achaeaquests/honors-quests is outdated? i've followed a few of the quests listed and rarely do i get the result as outlined in the guide[s].

for instance, i did the moghedu quest with the crossbow and instead of receiving 300 gold as payment, i only received 150. which was a big disappointment. sure, it all adds up in the end, but still ..

are there any updated quest sites? i'm guessing the sites i listed were abandoned, although i might try getting in contact with the administrators just to clarify. i would really enjoy up-to-date quest help, even if i have to create a guide site myself.
(XXXX): Peak says, "You worry me."
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • SenaSena Posts: 3,921Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It looks like one of those is around 6 years old, one is 10+ years old, so they're both pretty outdated. There are rules against publicly sharing quest information, and the entire point of honours quests in particular is to solve the puzzles yourself, so sites like that are very frowned on (by both players and admin).
    Trilliana
  • AlcaroAlcaro Posts: 153Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sena said:
    It looks like one of those is around 6 years old, one is 10+ years old, so they're both pretty outdated. There are rules against publicly sharing quest information, and the entire point of honours quests in particular is to solve the puzzles yourself, so sites like that are very frowned on (by both players and admin).
    Mmk. Thank you :)
    (XXXX): Peak says, "You worry me."
  • ShadizarShadizar Posts: 100Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I really wish they would rework the bopalopia quest and give it a new honours line. When I see a newbie with the bopalopia line my eye twitches.

    Alcaro
  • SarienoSarieno Spokane, WAPosts: 127Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I've seen eighteen year olds with the Maim line, so... I feel like that's way worse.


    twitter - @spacemanreno
    Prythe
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,377Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You're not a real Achaean until you've fucked up Maim's quest by pulling on your chainmail.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    PraxidesPrythe
  • TaelTael Posts: 1,197Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Shadizar said:
    I really wish they would rework the bopalopia quest and give it a new honours line. When I see a newbie with the bopalopia line my eye twitches.
    I figured out the Bopolopia quest when I was essentially still a newbie. I had seen the honours line and when someone showed me the mushrooms, I realised that must be where the quest was. I might have asked someone whether I would need to fight anything strong to finish the quest, but that's probably it. It took forever, but it's definitely possible to do at a low level. All it really requires is a tiny stock of cures for the hookah and a lot of time on your hands.
    Rohai
  • LyrLyr Posts: 419Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I invited a friend who played Lusternia to play Achaea, and he saw the quest in an honors line and proceeded to finish it while still 18. So it varies based on experience in MUDs (and especially Iron Realms MUDs).
    Ashelynne
  • ShadizarShadizar Posts: 100Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Not saying that the quest can't be figured out by someone the good old fashioned way. It's probably because I early on googled Achaea quests. I found the same sites posted above years ago and always assumed that most people find it too and set out to get the honours lines. Im also sometimes a cynical asshole for my loss so there is that too.

    Alcaro
  • AlcaroAlcaro Posts: 153Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Shadizar said:
    Not saying that the quest can't be figured out by someone the good old fashioned way. It's probably because I early on googled Achaea quests. I found the same sites posted above years ago and always assumed that most people find it too and set out to get the honours lines. Im also sometimes a cynical asshole for my loss so there is that too.

    I used them because I'm a filthy cheater.
    (XXXX): Peak says, "You worry me."
    Ashelynne
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,921Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I got the Bopalopia line by cheating the old fashioned way; having someone show me how to do it. Although it wouldn't have been too hard to figure out myself.
    Ashelynne
  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ashelynne said:
    Achaea's quests are here, there, and everywhere and God help you if you don't say just the right word to the right person under the right moon phase.
    I remember that was incredibly aggravating. I think it took me three or four attempts, which generally involved camping the spot as well.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    YaeShirszae
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South AfricaPosts: 266Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited October 2015
    Yup, gave up on honours quests long ago. The rule is simple: if you know someone in the know, you get honours quests done. If you don't ... you spend 24 hours trying to figure it out and eventually go hunting because it's not worth the effort to get the honours line.

    So, whenever I see someone with 10+ honours lines I'm not thinking "Oooo well done." I'm thinking more: "So you joined enough OOC clans to get people to give you the answers."
    SobriquetShadizarReiloch
  • NaverreNaverre Posts: 304Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Honours quests are meant to be poked and teased at over a long period of time. They aren't supposed to be something you sit down and figure out in an hour or two. Yeah, you can get help from someone "in the know", and I've been seriously tempted for one miniquest in particular, but otherwise the reward of the honours line is more about the sense of accomplishment. It's solving the riddle, even if it can be really convoluted.

    If you feel that you have to "cheat", you're missing the point behind the honours quests entirely.
    Sarapis
  • KietKiet Posts: 2,838Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Athelas said:
    Yup, gave up on honours quests long ago. The rule is simple: if you know someone in the know, you get honours quests done. If you don't ... you spend 24 hours trying to figure it out and eventually go hunting because it's not worth the effort to get the honours line.

    So, whenever I see someone with 10+ honours lines I'm not thinking "Oooo well done." I'm thinking more: "So you joined enough OOC clans to get people to give you the answers."
    Don't be bitter dude, there's a lot of explorer-types that legitimately earned tons of honors lines. Some people spend a lot of their time doing quests and exploring every nook and cranny, and I seriously doubt the Delph/Tiax types asked their friends considering that they were usually the first ones to get new lines.
    JadysShirszaeMelodieAereidhna
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,377Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yes, Maim/Bop/Chieftess/Sh'Fah/Taug are all throwaway lines, but for the majority of the others, I don't think most people with the lines just had the secrets spilled to them.

    And even the throwaway ones -- who's to say new players didn't figure out those quests for themselves, even if they initially learned the quests existed because the honours lines for them are everywhere?

    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Aereidhna
  • SeftinSeftin Posts: 923Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Bopalopia quest is hardly hard, just walk around answer some questions and hit one person. All done, no issue.
    Austere
  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2015
    I worked out Sh'fah a while back, and did it legitimately as well.

    Haven't gotten around to actually finishing it yet, though. Every time I check somebody else is already doing it or has done it recently.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,377Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Seftin said:
    Bopalopia quest is hardly hard, just walk around answer some questions and hit one person. All done, no issue.
    Tell that to Barbie:


    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    AustereAlcaro
  • TaelTael Posts: 1,197Member @ - Epic Achaean
    At least when I did it the math actually was pretty hard. You had a ridiculously small amount of time to answer. I think some people even ended up scripting it because they couldn't do the math fast enough.
  • TrevizeTrevize Posts: 1,517Member @ - Epic Achaean
    edited October 2015
    Tael said:
    At least when I did it the math actually was pretty hard. You had a ridiculously small amount of time to answer. I think some people even ended up scripting it because they couldn't do the math fast enough.
    This probably won't surprise anyone, but I found the math part easiest.

    Was a certain thing following and afflicting my newbie self that really pissed me off.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Eld
  • JeslynJeslyn United StatesPosts: 482Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Bopalopia was very irritating! Everything disappeared all of the time because I didn't walk fast enough, or get stuck in the river. I ended up getting very good at answering the math questions, but there was like a 60% chance you'd get the item you're looking for. I freaking hated Bopalopia. Took me five hours to complete because I had to repeat it three times to finish. By then I had answered something like 160+ math problems WITHOUT a trigger.
    TrevizeShirszaeAereidhnaAnnwyl
  • PainePaine Posts: 37Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    questlove! <3 sorry, had to go there. Honours accolades for a quest really has nothing to do with the difficulty of said quest. There are many quests that are much harder and more obscure that don't give any kind of honours accolade or large reward. And then there are the quests that don't give an honours accolade but give a item that is the equivalent of an artefact. For me, the process is its own reward as I learn about the world of achaea. There will be an area that I've known for ages and one day there will be some weird plant or mushroom or part of animal that wasn't there before. It might take me a few years, decades, or even centuries but I'll happen on a quest one day and then AHA! I finally find out which denizen needs it.

    Or, a quest will reveal some crazy backstory or history about a whole zone or maybe just an individual denizen and that knowledge helps make achaea feel like a much larger, bigger world.

    I love the new quest system but hate it at the same time because my compulsiveness is making me track down and complete every single one. Haha

    There are better ways of getting gold or experience than questing. In the early days of achaea there were some uber quests that gave crazy experience but it usually led to some lulzpk and issuing because people would camp the quest item or mob and then play the "I'm not touching you" game

    If you need some quest tips for completing them on their own, checkout the HELP BASECOMMAND, specifically the section on:
    Item-related commands
    ---------------------
    and then the commands that say "Could be useful almost anywhere."
    You never know when they will be useful! ;)



    ShadizarKryptonKayeilAereidhna
  • TrevizeTrevize Posts: 1,517Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Paine said:
    questlove! <3 sorry, had to go there. Honours accolades for a quest really has nothing to do with the difficulty of said quest. There are many quests that are much harder and more obscure that don't give any kind of honours accolade or large reward. And then there are the quests that don't give an honours accolade but give a item that is the equivalent of an artefact. For me, the process is its own reward as I learn about the world of achaea. There will be an area that I've known for ages and one day there will be some weird plant or mushroom or part of animal that wasn't there before. It might take me a few years, decades, or even centuries but I'll happen on a quest one day and then AHA! I finally find out which denizen needs it.

    Or, a quest will reveal some crazy backstory or history about a whole zone or maybe just an individual denizen and that knowledge helps make achaea feel like a much larger, bigger world.

    I love the new quest system but hate it at the same time because my compulsiveness is making me track down and complete every single one. Haha

    There are better ways of getting gold or experience than questing. In the early days of achaea there were some uber quests that gave crazy experience but it usually led to some lulzpk and issuing because people would camp the quest item or mob and then play the "I'm not touching you" game

    If you need some quest tips for completing them on their own, checkout the HELP BASECOMMAND, specifically the section on:
    Item-related commands
    ---------------------
    and then the commands that say "Could be useful almost anywhere."
    You never know when they will be useful! ;)



    Certain emotes are moderately common with respect to items, for anyone struggling with quests.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,377Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Paine said:
    In the early days of achaea there were some uber quests that gave crazy experience but it usually led to some lulzpk and issuing because people would camp the quest item or mob and then play the "I'm not touching you" game
    DAT KAMLEIKAN QUEST.

    I practically lived up there for like 10 in-game years just do that one over and over. I still smh every time I think about the ridic quest XP that gave.

    Also practically lived in the Erisian Pyramid at one point, too...
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Hyperlith
  • IsaeahIsaeah Posts: 32Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    The problem with a good helping of the quests is, as had been said, that you have to know exactly the right noun to say to the right person at the right time in the right order. Other mobs don't give you any hints as to who to talk to or what to do, and it takes a lot of simply trying a long, long list of words until one of them works. Honours quests -should- be difficult, yes, but it shouldn't be so hard that you have to make an excel sheet of any non-normal noun any denizen in a given area says to have a chance of starting it.

    Hell, I just did the Tsol'dasi language thing. I had been at the starting area, before, but because the particular mob was missing that you need to start it, I had no idea that the area had importance! None of the other common speaking mobs give you any clue as to what you -may- need to look toward. The rest of them you can't understand. This seems pretty common with 99% of quests I've attempted outside of simple "give corpse to x for gold". 

    Keep the quests hard, but give more than an extremely vague or even non-existent path to starting the quest so that the difficulty of the quest can be in the figuring them out, not just in starting them in the first place. 
    PraxidesAshelynneShirszaeAereidhna
  • AshelynneAshelynne Posts: 52Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Really I don't get why people get so bitter about other people having honors lines. Does the fact that some 18 year old has a line or three affect your character in any way? No? Cool, moving on.

    I mean honestly, if we're getting to the grit of it the chance that said character is an alt and the player behind said character has already done various honors quests is pretty likely. Also, honors quests are just fun to do (at least for me). They don't have near the impact they used to anyway, since now when you honors someone it doesn't spam you. Before, people could make themselves look important by way of every single clan they were the head of showing up, as well as every honors line.

  • TaelTael Posts: 1,197Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Trevize said:
    Tael said:
    At least when I did it the math actually was pretty hard. You had a ridiculously small amount of time to answer. I think some people even ended up scripting it because they couldn't do the math fast enough.
    This probably won't surprise anyone, but I found the math part easiest.

    Was a certain thing following and afflicting my newbie self that really pissed me off.
    I imagine you probably did it a long time ago like I did, but I'm curious if they made the timer longer now - I haven't seen complaints about it in a while, and back around the time I did it, if there was any mention of Bopalopia, people complained about how fast you had to do the math. Even for a person with very strong mental math, having like 3 or 4 seconds to read, do double-digit multiplication, and type and send the answer was nuts. I'm pretty sure I only made it through by just spamming until I got easy-ish ones.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,377Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Timer hasn't increased as far as I can tell. Still not enough time to figure out, if 26 chickens each laid 18 eggs, how many eggs did they lay total? fast enough.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
«1
Sign In to Comment.