How do you plan to RP Your Multiclassing?

edited September 2015 in The Scarlattan Theatre
This is one of the things I'm most interested in hearing about. While it's a little bit difficult to tell given that we don't know quite how the system will work (the system might ostensibly provide an IC mechanism that effectively answers the second question for everyone), I'm still very curious.

So:

Do you plan to RP a sort of combination of your classes? What classes and how will you combine them?

Do you plan to RP a reason why you possess only one class's skillset at a time, but periodically swap between them?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    First I need the credits for multiclassing. Then I can start trying to figure out what I want, if anything, and how I'll go about it.

(All I really want is Serpent for Subterfuge, though.)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• First I'd need to know exactly how multiclass is going to be handled!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I honestly do not know if I will address it in any particular way.  I've always preferred the approach of people roleplaying that they retain knowledge from their previous classes even if mechanically they can't do stuff anymore. So I will probably go with something based on that

But we know so little about multi-class, its all up in the air still.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• People RP?
  • Was there any conformation that Multiclass is on its way? ~ I missed it

• Gamden said:
    Was there any conformation that Multiclass is on its way? ~ I missed it
    Yes. Soon (tm).

Matt needs to quit teasing us and press the button. :(
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited September 2015
    Yes. Soon (tm).

Lol at the (tm)

...Edit: People still "Lol" right?? That still a thing on the interwebs??

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Taking serp, good thing the text-boyfriend is an ex-serp. >_> 

• Unfortunately, I'm Ashtani. And we don't RP :(

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    How do people RP changing class? "One day, I decided I wanted to be something else, and POOF all of my knowledge just disappeared! Then my brain had room for more!"
  • Easy change for me, because Anedhel switched from Runewarden to Paladin, but.

The swordsmanship part of it pretty much remained (I roleplayed him learning scimitars, which took him about two RL weeks to get a hold of, because he'd used rapiers all his life, and then a longsword-and-shield), while the Runelore was set aside in favour of opening up his heart (and mind, I suppose) to Devotion. Because I'd always played him as having been denied Devotion for some reason or another, it was nice to finally go with it (and his temperament's changed, as a result). All in all, one of the funnest things I've ever played, in a very mild and long-term way.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    If Druid + Infernal is allowed, I've already begun that RP cycle.

Many Eleusians have begun to realize, that Athelas is far more than the grandfather every child should have. Some have been quite shocked to realize just how dark he really is. I'm quite fortunate to have the RP history he has, because I don't think he would have been accepted as easily, if he didn't.

For example:

He was recently asked why he is Eleusian, by someone that discovered a fraction of this. His response was:

"You would not understand why I am Eleusian. In your mind, good and evil are separate entities. As are the concepts of Order and Chaos. To me, those things are but small parts of the great circle. Love and hate are but two sides of the same coin. I am the gentle sadist, the demonic angel, the Infernal Druid. You'd do well to stay away."

If Druid + Infernal is not allowed, I'll have to get creative with the class that would reflect this.

The really awesome part, by what ever fluke of coincidence, is that the seeds for this RP were planted back when Atheals wrote his books on Neutrality and Balance. That happened before he turned 50 or in more easily understood terms: 15 Real Life years ago!

Back then, he was convinced the he'd never find a Divine to serve, that would understand him and his point of view with regards to this. Now though, @Artemis fits this perspective almost perfectly, so we'll see how that one plays out.
  • edited September 2015
    I don't think it will be allowed. The city restriction things will almost surely still be in place.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Yup, doesn't mean I can't RP it though :D
  • Personally, what I worry about is if people are able to start taking 3, 4, 5 classes (and if it's allowed it will happen in all likelihood). I'm sure there will be decent ways of roleplaying out most things, but when if everyone eventually picks up serpent because lolwhynot, it's going to make class feel like an even less important component of character identity then it sometimes seems like already. 
  • Why can't you just stay simply be an evil Druid, isn't that what you were before @Athelas
  • Tael said:
    This is one of the things I'm most interested in hearing about. While it's a little bit difficult to tell given that we don't know quite how the system will work (the system might ostensibly provide an IC mechanism that effectively answers the second question for everyone), I'm still very curious.

So:

Do you plan to RP a sort of combination of your classes? What classes and how will you combine them?

Do you plan to RP a reason why you possess only one class's skillset at a time, but periodically swap between them?
    I haven't given this any thought yet, but Bluef had a strong connection to the Cult of the Serpentlords when she was Hashani, so I'm thinking maybe I'd hit @Qwindor's people up for some RP. I just wanted to say that I love that you posted this though, Tael. Far too much gets introduced and implemented and just accepted as-is sometimes without any concern for roleplay. There should be RP for multiclass; I'm personally hoping the Garden provides us some so I don't have to worry about it (maybe those primal embers had eventual affect-effects?). 
  • I am going to RP that I went to the tutor that knows every class skill and learned some from them
  • I'll adjust just like I do for anything else: My character's views and actions will change to reflect the change in game mechanics. I've always believed that Achaea's mechanics were the physics of the world in which we RP, and they are what our RP should be based on. I won't RP its any harder or easier than it mechanically is to change class. I would continue to RP any character traits he has (easy-going, humorous, etc) and assume only the class-related traits of his current class (No serpent fangs if he isn't serp, etc). No problemo.
  • Kafziel said:
    I am going to RP that I went to the tutor that knows every class skill and learned some from them
    That brings up a fair point - House tutors can teach any class already. General/city tutors can to a point.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I choose classes that would fit Sena's personality/actions, rather than changing to match the new class (which seems pretty backwards to me). Her current class is basically just what Sena's focusing on at the moment. So multiclass wouldn't fundamentally change anything, just make it faster, allowing things like dabbling in alchemy for a few months at a time instead of devoting decades to it.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Would absolutely RP the shit out of being a Bladepriest, one of few who can channel all six of the elemental energies. Would make a bit of sense given that I was originally Blademaster for quite a while, and was in an elements-focused house for my first however many years playing. 

Priestmonk seems like the RP would be pretty similar to the Priest/Monk hybrid from Aetolia. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I will kill people and suck out their class. With a straw. If i dont like it i will spit it out.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae