September 2015 Promotions (and Birthday Celebrations!)

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4418
Date: 09/01/2015 at 00:34
To : Everyone
Subj: September is birthday time!

September is promising to be a massive month, with Achaea celebrating its 18th birthday! We're not the kind of people to expect presents, so we're flipping things on their head and giving you guys some great gifts and surprises over the course of the month!

Stay tuned for more updates to the celebrations as we get closer to our actual birthday (on the 17th), but for now, let me cover this month's promo:

* A 20% credit bonus on all credits purchased on Achaea.com! This bonus stacks with Iron Elite membership for a total of 30% additional credits!

* For every 100 credits you purchase this month, you'll receive a Mayan Crown! These crowns can be used to purchase special items from the Shop of Wonders in Delos. We wouldn't offer Mayan Crowns without introducing a string of new items to the shop too, so here are the new items:

A glass poppy: 6 Mayan Crowns
- BLOWing this finely crafted glass flower at an adventurer will send them into the embrace of Sleep.
- Those with the insomnia defence will be immune to the effects.
- This item requires and consumes balance to use.

A shiny firecracker: 2 Mayan Crowns
- A firecracker with a new and unique explosion pattern.
- This item will reset to the owner in three minutes after use. 

A golden slingshot: 5 Mayan Crowns
- Allows the owner to SLINGSHOT lit firecrackers into the air, allowing any in the area to see the explosion.

A mahogany stationery kit: 1 Mayan Crown
- The latest (and some might say greatest) incarnation of our Shop of Wonders stationary kits! This version will produce up to five letters embossed with your name and title.
- Letters produced by this kit are "a gilt-edged letter".

A mahogany disc of transformation: 1 Mayan Crown
- Will update an existing stationary kit to the mahogany version.
- Place the disc inside your stationary kit to transform it.
- This item is consumed upon first use.

A sheaf of ornate letters: 4 Mayan Crowns
- Updates any existing stationary kit to produce letters that can be folded into origami shapes.
- Place the letters inside your stationary kit to apply this functionality.
- Will apply to all new letters generated after the sheaf is used.
- TURN <letter> <shape> will fold the letter into one of the following shapes:
Pegasus, crane, butterfly, goldfish, dolphin, angel, demon, snake, falcon, mouse, lemming, chimera, fox, dragon, rose, flower, willow, dragonfly, frog, moon, star, sun, tree, duck, horse, heart, wolf, dirk, sword, shield, swan, ship, leaf, fan, fish, whale, shark, octopus, kraken, stag, or phoenix.
- The recipient will need to TURN the letter to unfold and read it.

A ruby perfume bottle: 2 Mayan Crowns
A golden cologne bottle: 2 Mayan Crowns
- These fragrance bottles will allow the owner to SPRAY a letter, imbuing it with the scent in the bottle.
- Perfume is a fragrance of vanilla musk, jacaranda, and jasmine.
- Cologne is a fragrance of citrus, bergamot, sandalwood, and exotic spices.

Crafter's strap: 1 Mayan Crown
- Expands the capacity of a crafter's folder or portfolio by 25 designs.
- ATTACH <strap> TO <folder|portfolio> to use.
- Item is consumed upon use.
- For adventurers with multiple crafter's folders or portfolios, they may CONSOLIDATE FOLDERS <target folder or portfolio> to make a single item with the consolidated capacity.

Cakes: 1 Mayan Crown
- Celebratory cakes that can be set down and SLICE CAKE to carve off a piece. Each cake has 8 slices and is automatically refilled once per Achaean day (RL hour).
- Options for cakes are:
Wedding, chocolate, frosted lemon, sponge, and birthday.

A leash of spun gold: 3 Mayan Crowns
- Allows the owner to LEASH <minipet>
- Gives the wielder enter/exit/LOOK description based on the minipet.
- Lasts one hour, or until you pick up the minipet.

A clay goblinoid effigy: 2 Mayan Crowns
A voluptuous clay effigy: 2 Mayan Crowns
A handsome clay effigy: 2 Mayan Crowns
- Transforms your ship crew into entirely new creatures. Works on Swashbucklers, Shipmates, Cooks, Chefs, and Cabin boys. While the goblinoid is self-explanatory, the voluptuous effigy will transform your crew into sultry seafaring wenches, while the handsome effigy will outfit your crew as sun-kissed dreamboats (Fabio, eat your heart out).
- Drop on the deck of your ship to activate. Will transform the crew in the midnight hour.
- Item is consumed upon use.
- Effect will last until replaced with a different effigy or the crew dies.

The stock of the Shop of Wonders is ever-changing, and we'll be discontinuing some of the existing wares on September 10. If you're itching to pick up any of the legacy items (listed in HELP SHOP OF WONDERS), you'll want to get in quick.

Penned by My hand on the 23rd of Valnuary, in the year 692 AF.

Discuss.
Flaunt your goodies.
Make me spend $$$.

Comments

• Sheaf, for me, is totally awesome. I know people have been asking for the upgrade to crafting folders, I think they'll be delighted with that addition.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I haven't been excited over a crown promotion for a while now but this is awesome! I love the slingshot, firecracker, strap and cake in particular. Plz add more!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I have already given IRE their pound of flesh for the month. 

Rave: YAYCROWNSALECROWNSALECROWNSALECROWNSALECROWNSALECROWNSALEYAAAAAAAAY

Rant: The cake thing. Srsly :( Now what am I gonna do about all my cake designs? I suppose on one hand most people aren't gonna be able to afford a crown priced cake, but it's the functionality we wanted. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, I definitely hope that cake thing won't be limited only to SoW. Would sort of suck and go against the idea of things.

Also just to post it here:

Melodie said:

Woo Mayan Crown sale!

If anyone gets them, I would love to see the description for the new letters, as well as each of the new crews. Curious about many of the other things (like the firecracker, cake and the leash message and etc), but those two the most.
    Also also also, can we please, please please expand how many items the album (for the disc images) can hold? I will be eternally upset sad if that gets removed instead of expanded on, since the idea of it is awesome. Just, five pictures so few.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • One day after I use my mayan crowns. :anguished: 
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Ooops! Silly @Tecton, forgetting to put my sacrificial kris back in the mix!

It's all good, everyone forgets some things! Other than that looks like an awesome promo!
  • Ooh wedding cake.

I mean uh, yay firecrackers and stuff.
  • Should I get the elite and buy credits at 30% or just go with the 20%.....decisions decisions.....
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Oh my god. I will now send people with letters folded into sharks. (Let me fold it into the shape of a mantis too plsplspls) YESSSSSS. I can foresee myself getting a firecracker, another stationary kit, more of those crafters' straps and possibly an effigy.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• The letter from the new kit, for those interested:

This letter is crafted from creamy parchment, its edges carefully gilded, the rest left plain. The result is an elegant appearance that enhances the formality of any text written upon the page. A neatly braided length of golden cord keeps the parchment from unfurling.
    would pay 2 MC for a disc of transformation that lets you change your kit to one of the older designs instead. 

• Zuko said:
    Ooops! Silly @Tecton, forgetting to put my sacrificial kris back in the mix!

It's all good, everyone forgets some things! Other than that looks like an awesome promo!
    Indeed, @Tecton will I am sure be getting around to putting the kris back in soon.

Just a little clerical error, right?

Right?

:(

In other news, I'm torn between a glass poppy or grabbing some other stuff, since the poppy will be around for a while but I might be losing the scrying bowl. And I have wanted a scrying bowl for a while now.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Where is the gleam box.

You give us drugged up Wizard of Oz poppies but you can't give us a gleam box.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Someone kindly share the description of the dreamboat crew.

RIGHT. NOW.
  • @Krypton, see your signature.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Tharvis said:
    too late to edit : submitted an issue requesting the explosion to be made a bit larger (right now it's tiny, but the changing colors are nice)
    -Ultimately, in its current form, I don't think the firecracker is worth two crowns

• @Tharvis Yeah, definitely agree. That is something in the 25 credit range. Pity, as I got excited by it but conventional firecrackers seem more interesting.
    @Greys you know what would make that firecracker interesting?

If it had, say, various shapes it randomly cycled through, and then a random set of colors applied to said shape (maybe three base shapes?)
    That'd place it at one crown, maybe

What do you think @Tecton?

• Or being able to pick a colour when you use one. Also, I would rather have 10 uses/day than 1 use / 3 minutes.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Skye said:
    would pay 2 MC for a disc of transformation that lets you change your kit to one of the older designs instead. 
    That's why I spend 1MC buying a new kit to add to my collection of pretty stationery. My get letter alias cycles through all my different kits when I need to send mail because I like the variety.

I'm a bit excited to see the new scent bottles, but again, I really wish that we had the option to create our own through customisation for some price. If we can spend 500cr customising mail delivery (which was -totally- worth it, by the way), we can't we create our own scents to use as well?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

I believe I was either dormant or still a student when some of those kits were released. My biggest regret has been missing out on the driftwood kits. I think my ooc clans find me insufferable when the subject comes up. >_>

• Does anyone know if the origami thing conflicts with sealing letters with a signet ring?
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I'm pretty sure you can still see the seal from outside. I tried it once with the foldable letters from Thera!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited September 2015
    @Tecton , @Sarapis : I really think it would be nice if we could somehow make the Effigy items permanent in some way. Two crowns as a one-shot, even an awesome one-shot, is a bit steep. And I've talked to a bunch of people who would gladly buy the thing if the effects weren't so temporary.

Edit: I am not a sailor myself, I am talking about the people I've overheard talking about this item.
    Maybe have them count as permanent furniture on the quarterdeck that pulses when there's unaffected crew, to turn them into the transformed states?

• Any way the fireworks can be moved to being used several times per day rather than once per 3 minutes? Makes it really hard to put on any show.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Greys said:
    Any way the fireworks can be moved to being used several times per day rather than once per 3 minutes? Makes it really hard to put on any show.
    Clearly the solution is to buy five.