Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Percent to Dragon (or logosian, dragon lord, or whatever you want!)

2»

Comments

  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    Tharvis said:
    Krypton said:
    Ok... Now I know why Hashan beat us in the Land Race.
    you mean the part where @Trevize is a god with numbers?
    I'm used to being on top for those types of things, but for that event, we had a crazy amount of people completely excelling.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • NylianNylian Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    This didn't seem to work right for me for non dragon levels.  I was lvl 88.2, I did "levelCalc.percentto(89)" and it it said I was was roughly 88% of the way to level 89.  Compared to my other dragon tracker though, it did appear to line up for getting to 99.

    Maybe I'm using it wrong.
  • KietKiet Member Posts: 3,263 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Why do you say that's wrong? Seems about right to me with a quick glance at the XP table. Keep in mind the SCORE system is showing you the % of the way to the next level starting at 0% of your current level, whereas this is showing you % of the way starting from level 1.
    Eld
  • NylianNylian Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kiet said:
    Why do you say that's wrong? Seems about right to me with a quick glance at the XP table. Keep in mind the SCORE system is showing you the % of the way to the next level starting at 0% of your current level, whereas this is showing you % of the way starting from level 1.
    Ah yep. That explains it.  Thanks!
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited November 2015
    Nylian said:
    This didn't seem to work right for me for non dragon levels.  I was lvl 88.2, I did "levelCalc.percentto(89)" and it it said I was was roughly 88% of the way to level 89.  Compared to my other dragon tracker though, it did appear to line up for getting to 99.

    Maybe I'm using it wrong.
    Are you 88.02 or 88.2? 88.02 would be 88.6%, 88.2 would be 90.7%.

    Otherwise, looks right.

    I hate to break it to you, but 88.02 is 34% to dragon, about.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • NylianNylian Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Trevize said:
    Nylian said:
    This didn't seem to work right for me for non dragon levels.  I was lvl 88.2, I did "levelCalc.percentto(89)" and it it said I was was roughly 88% of the way to level 89.  Compared to my other dragon tracker though, it did appear to line up for getting to 99.

    Maybe I'm using it wrong.
    Are you 88.02 or 88.2? 88.02 would be 88.6%, 88.2 would be 90.7%.

    Otherwise, looks right.

    I hate to break it to you, but 88.02 is 34% to dragon, about.
    Yeah all those things are right, it was my understanding that was off. Sorry for even doubting! Heh. :dizzy: 
  • LithorinLithorin Member Posts: 29
    mosr can you repaste those ascii gauges? thats something i would love to use
    i don't care for the graphical ones
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited November 2015
    Off the top of my head, assuming 'xp' is the var you want to display, and ignoring colors

    local n = math.floor(xp/5)
    local x = "95: " .. string.rep("|",n) .. string.rep("-",20-n) .. " " .. math.floor(xp*100)/100 .. "%"
    echo (x)

    Tagging @Mosr if he wants to paste his from earlier in the thread.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Lithorin
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited November 2015
    The problem with trackers like this is people see 30% of the experience to dragon and think 30% of the time investment... and that's rubbish.

    Remember you hunt much faster as you level, gain gear and such.

    Great tool if you understand how it works, but gah at every time I hear someone say 'You're only half way to dragon' at 91 or 92 or whatever it is, and insist you have the entire work it took you to get to there again ahead.

    Stats are great, but interpret them properly!

    (Nice script though!)

    Trevize
  • LithorinLithorin Member Posts: 29
    thanks Trevize!
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Here is just a dump of the entire script.


    My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

  • ZhedanZhedan Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Added a bit of functionality to this for those interested.

    QSC:
    Builder Zhedan, of Hashan (matele Human Man-at-arms)
    You are level 87 (4th Rank of the Infinite) and 33% of the way to the next level.
    [Zhe]: You are 31.32% of the way to dragon!

    https://pastebin.com/RqYXe1wD
    Ramilies
Sign In to Comment.