Percent to Dragon (or logosian, dragon lord, or whatever you want!)

2»

Comments

• This didn't seem to work right for me for non dragon levels.  I was lvl 88.2, I did "levelCalc.percentto(89)" and it it said I was was roughly 88% of the way to level 89.  Compared to my other dragon tracker though, it did appear to line up for getting to 99.

Maybe I'm using it wrong.
  • Why do you say that's wrong? Seems about right to me with a quick glance at the XP table. Keep in mind the SCORE system is showing you the % of the way to the next level starting at 0% of your current level, whereas this is showing you % of the way starting from level 1.
  • Kiet said:
    Why do you say that's wrong? Seems about right to me with a quick glance at the XP table. Keep in mind the SCORE system is showing you the % of the way to the next level starting at 0% of your current level, whereas this is showing you % of the way starting from level 1.
    Ah yep. That explains it.  Thanks!
  • edited November 2015
    Nylian said:
    This didn't seem to work right for me for non dragon levels.  I was lvl 88.2, I did "levelCalc.percentto(89)" and it it said I was was roughly 88% of the way to level 89.  Compared to my other dragon tracker though, it did appear to line up for getting to 99.

Are you 88.02 or 88.2? 88.02 would be 88.6%, 88.2 would be 90.7%.

Otherwise, looks right.

I hate to break it to you, but 88.02 is 34% to dragon, about.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Nylian said:
    This didn't seem to work right for me for non dragon levels.  I was lvl 88.2, I did "levelCalc.percentto(89)" and it it said I was was roughly 88% of the way to level 89.  Compared to my other dragon tracker though, it did appear to line up for getting to 99.

Are you 88.02 or 88.2? 88.02 would be 88.6%, 88.2 would be 90.7%.

Otherwise, looks right.

I hate to break it to you, but 88.02 is 34% to dragon, about.
    Yeah all those things are right, it was my understanding that was off. Sorry for even doubting! Heh. :dizzy: 
  • mosr can you repaste those ascii gauges? thats something i would love to use
    i don't care for the graphical ones
  • edited November 2015
    Off the top of my head, assuming 'xp' is the var you want to display, and ignoring colors

local n = math.floor(xp/5)
    local x = "95: " .. string.rep("|",n) .. string.rep("-",20-n) .. " " .. math.floor(xp*100)/100 .. "%"
    echo (x)

Tagging @Mosr if he wants to paste his from earlier in the thread.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited November 2015
    The problem with trackers like this is people see 30% of the experience to dragon and think 30% of the time investment... and that's rubbish.

Remember you hunt much faster as you level, gain gear and such.

Great tool if you understand how it works, but gah at every time I hear someone say 'You're only half way to dragon' at 91 or 92 or whatever it is, and insist you have the entire work it took you to get to there again ahead.

Stats are great, but interpret them properly!

(Nice script though!)

• thanks Trevize!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Here is just a dump of the entire script.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Added a bit of functionality to this for those interested.

QSC:
    Builder Zhedan, of Hashan (matele Human Man-at-arms)
    You are level 87 (4th Rank of the Infinite) and 33% of the way to the next level.
    [Zhe]: You are 31.32% of the way to dragon!

https://pastebin.com/RqYXe1wD
  • Jonathin said:
    This worked beautifully with ascii gauges in one of my miniconsoles

This is awesome! I need to make my own UI and incorporate this. Currently using NightfallUI and want to add affliction tracking and stats like this. 
  • That necro tho.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• It's not OK to reply to old threads? Is there a cutoff point, forums are fairly bare. 
  • Kzir said:
    It's not OK to reply to old threads? Is there a cutoff point, forums are fairly bare. 
    Don't worry about it, some people just follow unwritten rules based on things they find personally annoying.

• Inane threads generally is frowned upon. Something like this is fine, though, since it's a code snippet to help people.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kzir said:
    It's not OK to reply to old threads? Is there a cutoff point, forums are fairly bare. 
    Don't worry about it, some people just follow unwritten rules based on things they find personally annoying.
    It is a written rule to not post in old threads without a good reason.

10. Do not resurrect old threads without good reason.

If you’re posting in an old topic for a good reason (information was requested or the topic came up again), that is fine. If you are posting in an old topic for no reason or simply to be funny, that is not. Make a new topic.

• Cooper said:
    Kzir said:
    It is a written rule to not post in old threads without a good reason.

10. Do not resurrect old threads without good reason.

If you’re posting in an old topic for a good reason (information was requested or the topic came up again), that is fine. If you are posting in an old topic for no reason or simply to be funny, that is not. Make a new topic.

Thanks, Dad.

• Turns out I didn't read the rules completely, will do so and follow them.