Amusing/Entertaining/Interesting things you stumbled upon on the Internet

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    it was close between that one and the last book

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited March 2013
    I thought Goblet of Fire was the best one.  

And to tie it to the Twilight factor, Edward died.
  • I liked Order of the Phoenix. Badassery occured. Azkaban was probably second best.
  • Wasn't Azkaban the movie where they used a different director or producer or something who wanted to take the movie in a different direction then the other 2? He said he wanted to make it darker or something. It could have been that.

Personally, I couldn't stand Phoenix.  Harry became a whiny little emo in that book. So many times I wanted to reach in there and either give him a tissue to because he kept crying that his friends didn't write to him or just smack him about the face and shake him silly to get him to snap out of his emo stupor.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • This is true. Then things got less emo and more HOLY - SPELLS EVERYWHERE for a while, which I liked.

End of Hallows qualifies as well, yes.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I liked the final book. Just the mental image I got of Molly screaming, "NOT MY DAUGHTER! YOU BITCH!" God, I was so like... WTFTHISISAWESOME!!! Then the movie kinda downplayed what I had in my head. Sad times.
  • Katzchen said:
    My favourite Harry Potter is fanfic. :P

I admit to have tried my hand in writing fanfiction. I stopped after a few paragraphs.

Meanwhile, in Metal Gear Revengeance:

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Xith I hate you SO hard right now.
  • Since I'm cleaning out my saved images folder, I'll treat you guys:

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited March 2013

Daslin said:
    @Daslin How bout now.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Daslin said:
    It's ok. He comes and goes.
  • Xith said:
    Since I'm cleaning out my saved images folder, I'll treat you guys:
    ... bunch of pictures.

Should've quit while you were ahead.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Dafuq?

• Kresslack said:
    Dafuq?

I KNEW the Japanese would be the ones who finally invented Hammerspace!
  • edited March 2013
    Three fishermen come back from the sea, celebrating the catch of the day. They land their boat and set up camp. After much drinking (rum?), each collapses in their respective tent. Fisherman #1 wakes up and, after relieving himself, decides to get his share of the catch. He counts the fish, realizes it is not a number divisible by three, throws away one fish to the sea correcting the situation, and takes a third of the remaining fish into his tent. Fisherman #2 wakes up later, goes to pee too, and also decides he is going to get his share of the catch. Unaware that Fisherman #1 already took his part, Fisherman #2 wants a third of the fish he sees. It is not a multiple of three, but he throws away one fish and takes a third of the fish and goes to sleep. Fisherman #3 wakes up after, and does the same: he throws away one fish, takes a third of the fish, and goes into his tent.

What is the smallest number of fish for which this would happen?
  • If you assume that there has to be a positive number of fish (even though that's boring), I'd say 7, because it doesn't actually say that Fisherman #2 and #3 get an evenly divisible amount by throwing away one fish. If they do though, 25.

With the possibility of negative fish though, if throwing away one fish does leave it evenly divisible every time, there's no "smallest number" because every 27th number (starting at -2) is a valid solution.
  • edited March 2013
    25?

EDIT: Aw, ninjad by Sena.

Btw. can there be imaginary numbers of fish too?
  • Also, depending on how much they had to drink, there could have been 6 fish and Fisherman #1 was just too hungover to count properly.
  • I knew it. @Sena is Vi Hart!