Further Tuning of the Mark System

2»

Comments

• ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    Tecton said:
    We're definitely open to further tweaks and iterations to the system, and are continually monitoring the usage for improvements. This is especially so now that the first inactivity purge is done and we're down to the people actively taking contracts. I do feel like we need some alternative system for those who want to be open pk but not necessarily being a champion/assassin.
    All my contracts were people who had never entered realms after the contract date, aside from a small handful (and those had not expired).  I say if you have active contracts, you should not be removed.  Is it my fault for picking one contract every irl day and it happens to be a novice who never returns?
  • edited June 2015
    It's not even 'inactivity', though... I checked the board every time I logged on and could not get a contract to save my (Mark) life. You're just down to the people active at the right times to get contracts from the board. @Tecton

• I would rather revision of the infamy system or something similar than a PKWHO. I know the rules for whether you can kill someone or not are somewhat "OOC" in nature, but I still would prefer some more IC reason that you can attack them (Mark, infamous, soldier, etc.). I dislike RPWHO for the same reason, and don't think it is favored by the majority of RPers either.

Make some kind of warriors organization that anyone can join, members are open pk. Can ICly be in memory of Matsuhama, and maybe have some kind of ranking system of its own somehow, based on kills/etc.

• A Matsuhama brawler's guild with ranks based on overall kills since joining or lifetime would be cool. Open PK etc. I know Mats had that combat arena too that could be made open PK and would be interesting.

• What if Assassins was made ultra competeive like it is now and Champions was more like the last version? I was Mark because I care to much about my essence totals and liked getting order contracts. I wasn't the best Mark but I did okay. 
  • Xinna said:

I would rather revision of the infamy system or something similar than a PKWHO. I know the rules for whether you can kill someone or not are somewhat "OOC" in nature, but I still would prefer some more IC reason that you can attack them (Mark, infamous, soldier, etc.). I dislike RPWHO for the same reason, and don't think it is favored by the majority of RPers either.

Make some kind of warriors organization that anyone can join, members are open pk. Can ICly be in memory of Matsuhama, and maybe have some kind of ranking system of its own somehow, based on kills/etc.

This. I've never been a fan of things like RPWHO or the proposed PKWHO because its always felt quasi-OOC in nature. @Dunn's idea could be a cool one

• edited June 2015
    Finding people to RP with is a quasi-OOC thing. You have to figure out if people are logged in, if they're not afk, etc. All of those are OOC issues. RPWHO is an OOC solution to an OOC problem.

ICly, everyone should theoretically be "RPing" all the time.

PKWHO would be similar. It's a quasi-OOC solution to a quasi-OOC problem of the PK rules.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    My biggest issue with the current mark system is the having to get to the Board to get a contract. The few times I've been on continent when there was a new contract, every other mark was already waiting at the board. I've been on a
    pirating kick lately, but I still want to be an assassin, and I don't think my membership should be predicated on my luck to be on land and my speed of my connection and walk to being the fastest. It just feels stupid with the supply/ demand 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Jinsun said:
    My biggest issue with the current mark system is the having to get to the Board to get a contract. The few times I've been on continent when there was a new contract, every other mark was already waiting at the board. I've been on a
    pirating kick lately, but I still want to be an assassin, and I don't think my membership should be predicated on my luck to be on land and my speed of my connection and walk to being the fastest. It just feels stupid with the supply/ demand 
    Then beat the shit out of other marks till they quit.
    Huh. Neat.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Lol let me just get right on griefing @Jhui
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Jinsun said:
    Dude,  you have hermit tarot.  How in the world are you letting people beat you to the board.  
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Like I said most of the time, I'm sailing. Would have to xenophage and run across the chaos plane leaving my ship floating. -then- pathfinder 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Jinsun said:
    Like I said most of the time, I'm sailing. Would have to xenophage and run across the chaos plane leaving my ship floating. -then- pathfinder 
    Might be time to make a decision between being an assassin under current rules or being a pirate.  Those less dedicated to other things should have a benefit, imo. With that said, why not give a five minute warning that a contract is coming up.  Let all the Marks fight to the death over it. ..it would be sexy..
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    I just want to go back to picking your mark with there being a visible markwho. I've not enjoyed any current iteration of the system. 
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    And there we go, I'm no longer a mark because I don't camp the board enough. I really hate this change, @Tecton  and I think it's killing some characters' pasts. Piss poor RP change.