Dragon alternatives

124»

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Ha, you think it's as easy as 1 to 100. 1 to 100 is nothing compared to 135-136. You could probably bash hundreds of times to 100 and not know the pain of being Penwize.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • At some point doesn't the concept of diminishing returns enter into play? I'm working at staying in the Top 100. I broke into it once, but then had to deal with "What? There is life outside of Achaea?" so am out of the top 100 again. Will probably crawl back into it over the next month or so - but there will come a point where I will Hunt because I love to Hunt, but I will no longer have "Hunting Goals" as they will, well not be out of reach, seem like not the best use of my time IG, IC, or OOC.

I'll be more likely to concentrate even more on taking others out Hunting to help them achieve their goals (or just socialize and have fun on a Hunt). That's always been one of my favorite aspects of the game.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Mishgul said:
    Ha, you think it's as easy as 1 to 100. 1 to 100 is nothing compared to 135-136. You could probably bash hundreds of times to 100 and not know the pain of being Penwize.
    I don't know. He seems to do fairly well for himself.
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Isn't mhunbashing a hate crime?
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • edited April 2015
    I'm pretty sure Penwize said that one level for him now is like bashing to dragon 3 times.

edit: Penwize says, "So, I learned that one level is almost two and a half dragons for me now."
  • All of this just leads me to believe that something badass  happens at level 150, and as such, I'll promptly begin spreading a rumor with the details.

• Merador said:
    I'm pretty sure Penwize said that one level for him now is like bashing to dragon 3 times.

edit: Penwize says, "So, I learned that one level is almost two and a half dragons for me now."
    That's even nastier than I thought it'd be.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    While this is a little off topic, I have to say the faction-based advanced stuff sounds like a really cool idea, but I'd rather see it linked to cities themselves than more bashing rewards. Get cr6, be able to become this thing maybe. People have been asking for rewards for RP/etc for ages. Might fit?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• @Katzchen I believe standard policy is that good RP is its own reward. Besides, having something combat linked to CR? That would make it really sketchy.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited May 2015
    @Greys uh, I never said it should have combat implications. I think anything with combat implications is kind of a bad idea.

'RP' alone does not get you cr6. That takes a crapload of work (usually), it's just a different kind of sort to the hunting/combat based reward of dragon.

I just don't think having an either dragon or something new idea is going to fly, and the factional races thing seems pretty nifty.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited May 2015
    Sarathai said:
    Cooper said:
    As of your post, yeah.

The highest level person in the game is roughly ~137 now (that could be off, it's been a while since I asked him what level he is). The way experience works, he's not even half way to 150 yet, and he's bashed as much as the next two people combined.
    He's at 137.

I seriously doubt there'd be anything at level 150, since each level at 135+ is approximately the same as going from 1 to 100 all over again, and it only gets harder from there.
    I hope the bug is somewhere in the game where I can 'accidentally' round kick and divine being just to beat Penwize in the ranking in a single shot.

"Penwize I just beat y--" (in attempt to brag while being zapped and slain by an embarrassed divine being.)

But really, I think people shouldn't be encouraged to try to get there... last time someone died in china trying to win the MMO. Who would win that MMO game anyway? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-k1S1AKv9E

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Killing gods doesn't grant you experience :( Most of them (if not all) have a "fake death" message that is basically soulcage. 

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Cooper said:
    Killing gods doesn't grant you experience :( Most of them (if not all) have a "fake death" message that is basically soulcage. 
    Actually, it's impossible for gods to die to pitiful mortal attacks! 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Cooper said:
    That wasn't always the case!
    I remembered a rampage in Delos on an alt where I  beheaded Aegis once.  I was just getting into combat,  and Matsuhama and Aegis decided to host and join a rampage.  Was definitely one of the highlights of my playing experience. No deathsight, though,  so no bragging rights.  
  • Austere said:
    Cooper said:
    That wasn't always the case!
    I remembered a rampage in Delos on an alt where I  beheaded Aegis once.  I was just getting into combat,  and Matsuhama and Aegis decided to host and join a rampage.  Was definitely one of the highlights of my playing experience. No deathsight, though,  so no bragging rights.  
    I remember Profit beheading Pentharian at NoT. Was pretty funny

• Reading through this is so inspirational- so much creativity.

Why not give -every- org and -every- divine the ability to build their own 'dragon' (at a price) ? That would add so much flavor. The Occultists celebrate in their triump as their leader exclaims, "We did it! We've perfected the Chaos Lord Transformation!" 

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Daeir said:
    I can almost hear Makarios screaming in anguish and horror already.
    I felt a great disturbance in Achaea, as if millions of Celani suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."