What life would you choose?

You can only choose one:  

Comments

• The Road Eternal
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Dominion sounds like something Ruth has already experienced. Sad life to choose, imo. I would go for the road eternal. I like travelling.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Escape's brought me this far. 
  • Dominion. Something that Taraza has experienced in someways, yet I enjoy it. Therefore Dominion. 

• That Nakama one just goes from bad to worse as you progress through the lifetimes. Don't know that I could deal with that one, especially in the last life.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• The Road Eternal as I like to travel.
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• I'll take Escape. Nakama sounds like a movie I'd cry about for a day straight after watching it.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Healer. That's basically just the Bene Gesserit with spirits.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Also how do you think the type of person who chooses whatever might relate to class choice?  For example, I could see a "healer" being drawn to priest.
  • In the modern era with modern communications technology, etc. I'd probably like to be a Fisher King. Otherwise, probably Escape or The Road Eternal.
  • My first thought was the Road Eternal, but Hunter is intriguing too. Option 1 is cool, but I've always thought speed, reflexes and perception were more important. If I chose Hunter it would be option 2.

• Nakama is rather appealing, as the others sound somewhat lonely. Basically, twelve lifetimes with the person you love, in twelve different stories, and more than one story of discovery, friendship and love with each friend. Loss is a part of life, but it seems like a fair trade. Almost like that movie Cloud Atlas.

• The fisher king or healer sounds pretty cool.  The road eternal seems particularly lonely.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Healer has only one mild condition (depending how harshly the spirit judges you; if it thinks you should devote every waking moment to helping as many people as possible, that would be more of a problem) and no huge drawbacks in my opinion, so it seems likely to be a pretty safe choice compared to the others. Fisher King would have more advantages in the long run, but even if they make up for not being able to leave, staying eternally young is much less appealing than reincarnating and keeping my memories. It's a hard choice between them, but I'm leaning towards Healer.

Escape has the most potential, but it would depend on how it works, there's really not much information. Important things to know would be how likely it is that I run into dreamers and how that works (is it a massive world with people appearing randomly so I don't find them very often and rarely meet the same person twice, or is it random but a lot more common, or do different parts of the dreamscape correspond with different parts of the real world so I can meet a lot of people in high population areas and find specific people if I know where they are, or can I basically find any dreamer I want at any time? Do I have some way of recognising specific people? Can two dreamers interact with each other, or are they each in separate dreams?), how time works (does it pass at the same rate as the real world, or does it work differently but still in a predictable way, or is it timeless or completely disconnected from real time, or can I control how quickly time passes?), whether I can be in more than one place/dream at once. Depending on how those things work, it could be hell, or it could be completely amazing, or it could give you nearly god-like power (over the real world as well).
  • I don't know why the Road Eternal sounds lonely, other than the fact that your friends are going to die and you'll remain. It says if you stay in one place too long you grow weak and feeble. Make a circuit around the world and stop by at regular intervals. The only problem would come if you ever wanted to hop into a parallel world.

• Nakama hands down. I'd give anything to have my dog back and beside me. :(
  • Kingfisher for me. It seems to really only be limited by the technology of the time and the design of the user. I basically would get to live forever with absolutely zero chance of dying so long as I stayed in the house.

• Second Life.

• Szeth would probably like Hunter. I'm drawn to either Nakama or Healer, with a leaning towards Healer because enough friends have died already.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Fisherking. But I'd have to hire someone to bring back take out :(

• Skye said:
    Nonsense! The house would provide any food you desire. Even the blood of your mortal enemies, should you so choose!

• Skye said:
    Well most of those places deliver, don't they? Although the question would be how many takeaway places would open up near a creepy giant barrel.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Kazu said:
    Skye said:
    Nonsense! The house would provide any food you desire. Even the blood of your mortal enemies, should you so choose!
    All those magical house salesmen say the same thing but it never quite tastes the same as purchasing from the actual place :(

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    To me the one that sounds particularly lonely is Escape.  At least just going by what is presented. I'd probably go with The Road Eternal, Fisher King, or Healer.

As for classes and such: 
    The Road Eternal - Bard
    Fisher King          - Occultist/Alchemist
    Healer                 - Druid/Shaman/Priest

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Skye said:
    Kazu said:
    Skye said:
    All those magical house salesmen say the same thing but it never quite tastes the same as purchasing from the actual place :(
    Meh, just send out some golems then! YOU HAZ DA POWAH!

• road eternal or healer for sure, tending towards the former

fisher king could be mildly interesting, do things like make a modern version of the Labyrinth of Crete and a minotaur golem.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Trey said:
    I don't know why the Road Eternal sounds lonely, other than the fact that your friends are going to die and you'll remain. It says if you stay in one place too long you grow weak and feeble. Make a circuit around the world and stop by at regular intervals. The only problem would come if you ever wanted to hop into a parallel world.
    The thing I find lonely about the Road Eternal is the fact that if you found the one place you want to call home, you couldn't stay there and there's small chance you could find that world again.  And you'd have to always be moving in order to stay eternally young and strong.  You couldn't stop to find love or companionship.  To me, it almost seem like you were always wandering lost.  I'm not saying it's bad, just to me it seems lonely. 
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Healer really appeals to me.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Fisher King or Healer. Probably Healer more than Fisher King, though.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Traveler never says you have to be alone or that there's only one pack so.. I'd be a traveler. There's always a chance you end up traveling with a healer, seeing a Fisher King's home, walk the lands of a Dominion, help a Hunter or even end up as the apprentice, make a friend who you only get to see when you sleep and all of this... because it is your last life as Nakama and you're trying to find that place you believe is where you go after you die. 
    SEARCH FOR LOST LOVE