If you could have one major addition/change/overhaul...

Comments

• freeze taaggg
  • @Sarapis those housing changes make me sad because it means I can't use my membership credits on my house anymore :disappointed: 
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Jukilian said:
    @Sarapis those housing changes make me sad because it means I can't use my membership credits on my house anymore :disappointed: 
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. D:

Maybe we can still make it an either/or cost?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Skye said:
    Changing membership credits to unbound may help bring the cost of IG credits down actually... Just sayin. 
    OH GOOD LORD I would love that but they will never do that.

• The major addition/change/overhaul I'm most interested in and excited about is hopefully on the way. Bring on the Hashani Renaissance!

• Yeah I know owls are your thing @Sarapis, but I'll see your baby owls and raise you a mewowl. For the sake of staying on topic, how about inter-race breeding? Anything for an excuse to post this picture.
  • Ruth said:
    Jukilian said:
    @Sarapis those housing changes make me sad because it means I can't use my membership credits on my house anymore :disappointed: 
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. D:

Maybe we can still make it an either/or cost?
    Hard to even speculate on how this will impact the value of room/door credits, bound credits and the credit market. We don't really know anything yet. Just have to wait and see.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    I'd replace Reclamation with a Druid skill that makes sense, and is actually usable in both combat and bashing.

From an RP viewpoint: Druids are not expansionists, this is historically attributed to Sentinels. Also, most older Druids are not Gaian, many of them, including Athelas still recall Gaia's betrayal.

On extermination: The only truly useful thing in reclamation, is the ability to "rejuvenate" an exterminated room, cost free. i.e. If extermination is dropped in order to get rid of forest defences, then Reclamation as a skill becomes fully redundant.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    To whoever said regional pricing for credits. I AM IN THE OTHER BOAT. KEEP AWAY FROM MY CREDIT PRICES. WHY DONT YOU JUST MOVE TO A RIDICULOUS RICH COUNTRY LIKE I DID?!! IT WAS EASY!!

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'd love to see the team just sit down and focus on ships for a month or two. I'm not sure what I would change or like to see changed, but ships are pretty awfully designed and boring. I use mine as basically a glorified bed and storehouse.
  • Tekk said:
    I'd love to see the team just sit down and focus on ships for a month or two. I'm not sure what I would change or like to see changed, but ships are pretty awfully designed and boring. I use mine as basically a glorified bed and storehouse.
     :# Ships aren't awful though! They could use some sprucing up, sure, but they are quite awesome!

• Sarapis said:
    Ships suffer from the fact that Clementius got partway through designing them, quit, and didn't leave any documentation. Tecton came in and patched up the system to release, but we agree that ships need a bunch of work. They aren't awful, but they need more fun factor and less tedium factor.
    Good phrasing. I like ships a lot, but ship combat, ship navigation/speeds, and types are what I dislike the most. The cost vs. reward is not significant enough for me to invest time.

Also, server curing and the likes is really, really, neat. I am glad you guys implemented it.
  • Hashan Renaissance. Which will be here Soon™.

Better Patronage system. I still don't understand why this is the way it is.

Mechanics to balance city growth/conflict
  • I'd give myself lunge as a two-hander.
    edited April 2015
    @Alrena Does not change the fact that Reclamation is beyond broken.

Also, why do the Sylvans get a neat RP event along with their new skills while the Druids get a: "O, by the way, you have a new skill."

Or did I miss something?
  • edited April 2015
    Athelas said:
    @Alrena Does not change the fact that Reclamation is beyond broken.

Also, why do the Sylvans get a neat RP event along with their new skills while the Druids get a: "O, by the way, you have a new skill."

Or did I miss something?
    Sylvans actually lost a skill, though. Removing/replacing a chunk of our powers with no explanation would have been a little silly. Druids are more in line with knights, alchemists, and magi, who all just gained a new skill without explanation, while sylvans are more like shamans, who changed skills and got an event to recognize it.

• Athelas said:
    Sentinels had the same deal, don't forget.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

@Sarathai I guess Sylvans are special :)
  • edited April 2015
    I like the theme of reclamation, personally, but it isn't really very good. In group combat, you can either mildly heal your team or mildly annoy the enemy team, and that's only if you don't engage in melee. Melee is supposed to be the greatest strength of forestals in group combat, though, so that seems counterintuitive?

In 1v1 it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. It has the new instakill which is nice. Then it has wrath to do a burst of damage but it's at a huge eq loss and incinerate is usually a better use of that eq. I know you might not always be ready to incinerate, of course, but wyvern is already the morph best suited to dealing damage, isn't it?

Before the changes Druid was always touted as 'well, the 1v1 isn't very good (unless you're artied and interested in pure damage) but the utility is great!' And then Druids get their rework and they get... more utility and mild buffs to their 1v1. And the utility is pretty lackluster compared to what was already there in the first place, so overall it's kind of 'meh.' I mean, adding more movement to Druid seemed kind of superfluous.

It'd probably not feel so bad if sylvans and sentinels (which already had much better combat and/or similar utility) hadn't gotten extensive reworks that added a ton of shiny new things in utility, bashing, and combat. Plus people actually call their new reworks powerful/overpowered! I know I'm not great at pvp and a lot of this is just theory and I could be missing something, but it was just not a very exciting addition as a Druid player. I went Druid for the roleplay favor but it feels like I'm missing out on the other aspects, somehow.

@Ayami I've said much the same as well. I was ecstatic about reclamation, it sounded so cool. Then I started using it and realized just how much of a bummer it was.

It has no bashing utility and is hardly useful in anything other than highly specific situations. The Druid class could honestly have done with a skill that actually allowed it to do more than burrow twice when the enemy arrives.

And yes, I know there are Druid combatants. But take a look, they are all at Dragon and fighting in Dragon.

If you want to be a combatant as a Druid. You have to make Dragon before you can play along.

If there is someone out there that wants to prove me wrong, please do. Take a Druid character and put it up against other classes. Show me how you use Reclamation in combat, without politely asking you opponent to wait, while you set up a network. Then take that into group combat and show me how to use it so that it actually makes a difference, while allowing the Druid to be an active part of the combat.

I've been scratching my head on that for weeks now, and although I've come up with some interesting strategies, they all seem to require multiple Druids, each with a one or two room network, that are coordinated into a single effort. As I demonstrated with the fires during the Sylvan event, it took several Druids to build an almost continent wide network, so that SMOTHER could be used to control the fires.

If the intention behind reclamation is to encourage Druids working together during combat, then I can almost understand it. If not ...
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

|
  • edited April 2015
    I don't know about all that. Being hyperbolic isn't going to help! Druid has a lot to do in a room for groups (incinerate, bind + the new reclamation bind which is about the only ability you can use in melee, new prone fire mauls, barrier/heal teammates, the list goes on). Druid isn't really lacking in group utility at all.

That's why reclamation is so confusing. Did we need more group utility? It's not very strong utility compared to groves and metamorphosis, and I feel that just letting you have stronger smaller networks would've been a lot more useful for 1v1, which is the class's weak spot. It would need Druids to work together for group combat, but it's a faction class that's pretty popular so I don't see the problem there.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Pls stop. Classchange whatever discussion can be done in combat topic elsewhere. :(

• I would give Harmony to Sylvans.
    I feel so bad and less worthy than Druids, for not having it. 
  • I think aiming for one huge area addition a year for the next few years would be awesome. By this I mean an addition of large and awesome storied areas. 

So adding a path to the under realm would be neat and  storied give us Tsol'teth to fight along with some big hulking goblins and such. An underwater Shallam to explore would also be great. Discovering a new continent would also be great as well as expanding a bit southeast on Meropis. I just like the idea of the world getting bigger, but with a connection to the lore and past of the game. 
  • I'd raise a flat 20% all comm prices of comms under 100gp and then outright delete whatever is that raises/lowers price depending on available stock upon restock tick, so that every single comm in a village is fair game to buy without guilt.
    The whole 'leave 50 pieces to not raise price' that now has even been raised to 100 pieces for wood/stone has gotten old, annoying and too tempting to buy now and screw the next person(s), talking from experience looking at what I see left in villages when I do my rounds over last couple months -many zeros- over what I was seeing a rl year or two ago -many full stocks-. Not very reasonable to expect people leave 50(-100 for stone/wood) pieces behind to keep for example stone price at 40gp (yes, it goes down to this) instead of 150gp.

Then I'd put some love in exploring mechanics between adding a quest from Stian for top explorers to earn a non-decay, resettable item (compass, pin, whatever) they can wear to show the achievement (I'd personally add 'explorers tome' artefact effect to it too), fix/review what rooms/areas count that shouldnt, audit all special exits with limitations removing what is over the top and possibly add ways for very dedicated people to infiltrate silently places.

And while at it, I'd add stupidity to 'instill' pool of afflictions.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    The comms system.

Craftable comms? That is, a mining trade skill that allows you to gather ore, stone, and other raw materials from caves, plains, and forests. I would complement it with a refining trade skill that allows you to refine those raw materials into coal, iron, gold, steel bars, rope, and chopped wood. Maybe coal also comes from refining wood. Acquiring platinum particles would be a rare chance side effect of refining baser metals, rather like when gathering clay.  I would add gathering wool (as a chance gathering from from farms) or have gathering flax (as a chance when gathering wheat or something. Maybe GATHER FLAX actually becomes a thing instead). Either could then be refined into normal cloth.

I'd make butchering buffalo, cows, and elephants also able to yield leather. Then I'd add more elephants to Dun Valley, more cows to the Savannah, and extra herd of buffalo to the Daoric plains.

Then I'd add a comm shop to Istarion that sells elemental ice because why not

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"