Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Texas

ZahanZahan ValhallaMember Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
edited October 2012 in The Wander Inn
Texas, anyone?  I'm in Austin.
Click here for Nexus packages
Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod

Comments

• MannimarMannimar Member Posts: 973
    Dallas! Love going to Austin though, so much life there.
  • PeakPeak Member Posts: 838 @ - Epic Achaean
    If you found a middle point between Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston, that's where I am.
    @Peak, no name city or slightly major?
    @Mannimar on the major side

• TuroiTuroi Missouri :(Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited October 2012
    Peak said:
    If you found a middle point between Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston, that's where I am.
    sounds like where I used to live.. Killeen?

"Slowly disappear. Never really here."

• MorroMorro Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'm in Houston, not too far from downtown. I wouldn't mind meeting some feel Texan Achaeans, even if it meant a bit of a drive.
    @Morro from what I remember, EVERYTHING is a bit of a drive in Texas :P

Peak
    @Turoi Hah. It's not so bad unless you're going to another town... or maybe I'm just used to it! I tend to have to drive all over for work.
    Yeah, meant between cities. I live in Hawaii now (Oahu), so the difference is very noticeable distance wise.

Oh, yeah, I can imagine. I hear all the time how everything in Hawaii is in walking distance. Never having been very far from Texas, I really have nothing to compare it to, though.
  • EllodinEllodin HawaiiMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 951 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    not everything in hawaii is walking distance, it takes me like 20-30 fricken minutes to walk to the beach sheesh!

ok but really i swear it's not.  and i'll be back in texas in the spring...probably.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • ZahanZahan ValhallaMember Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Vlarto is flying over from the UK for a week and a half, in November (8-17, I think).  Most of that time, we'll be in Austin, catching shows, hitting bars, playing disc golf, hiking the green belt, etc.  We're down for some company if anyone wants to join us, or we can try to plan an organized meet.  Also, we'll be hitting the renfest outside of Houston the first weekend he'll be here, if anybody would like to join us.  Yes, we will be dressing up (barbarian weekend, hell yeah) and we will be drinking.
    @Peak best bet is near Waco then...

Worst part of Texas is the size. In the time it takes to get to Corpus, I can be in Colorado enjoying cooler weather.
    I've been wanting to go to Renfest for years. May actually make it this time around.
    Peak
    I have almost gone like 15 times, still never been. College Station, by the way.
    Peak said:
    I have almost gone like 15 times, still never been. College Station, by the way.
    I win! An hour out of Waco
    Meet up at ren-fest?

Peak said:
    Meet up at ren-fest?
    Are you donning barbarian garb?
    edited October 2012
    If I go, I'm more than likely going to dress up, but I'll probably autoforge the whole time I'm there.
    Turoi
    Hm. Can you drink and autoforge at the same time?
    That big blacksmith out by Houston is usually there with a massive display of badassery... we might have to help Peak pick his jaw up.
    Mannimar

Morro said:
    Hm. Can you drink and autoforge at the same time?
    I must find out. 
    It looks like the best theme weekend (IMO) is the Barbarian Invasion on November 10 & 11
    Our nerdiest opportunity for a meet-up is ren-fest. Who's down for November 10/11th? Dress up, you know you want to.

All Achaeans welcome.
    Vlarto and I are planning on being there all that weekend.  We will be in barbarian garb.
    Peak
    The nerdiness is very tempting, and I'm sure I could pull some strings at work to get that weekend off. My only worry is my car suddenly breaking down on the way there or something.
  • VlartoVlarto Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Just so everyone knows I will be dead on my feet after a nice long flight from the motherland so do not expect much in the way of talking or awakeness. Also if anyone mocks my accent I may well cry, and that would make you feel bad, yeah.
    Finally if I can make it from the Britain then people in Texas can make it as well, travel is no excuse!
    Vlarto said:
    Just so everyone knows I will be dead on my feet after a nice long flight from the motherland so do not expect much in the way of talking or awakeness. Also if anyone mocks my accent I may well cry, and that would make you feel bad, yeah.
    Finally if I can make it from the Britain then people in Texas can make it as well, travel is no excuse!
    Oddly enough, something just came up.. I might be in England on this date.
    [spoiler] I'm serious. [/spoiler]
  • MayMay TexasMember Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'll be at the Ren-fest for weekend after thanksgiving )_)
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, OhioMember Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Why did I find this thread -after- I spent my mineral rights check :(, Wichita Kansas would drive if I'd known beforehand by about a month or so D:
    edited November 2012

May said:
    I'll be at the Ren-fest for weekend after thanksgiving )_)
    I might be there with my better half on that weekend, too.

Hhaos said:
    Why did I find this thread -after- I spent my mineral rights check :(, Wichita Kansas would drive if I'd known beforehand by about a month or so D:
    If you get bored and decide you want to drive out anyway, we'll be there.  The amount of fun we'll be having is probably illegal somewhere.

Edit:  The plan currently is to drive out to Plantersville on Friday to set up camp, then we'll be out there the entire weekend.  For anyone who is thinking about joining us, shoot me a message with your # or ask for mine.
Sign In to Comment.