Hey guys! I'm really hoping someone will be able to assist me.
When I go to Achaea.com and click Play Now to bring the client up, it doesn't allow me to log in to any of my characters. The Sign In pops up, and I'll type my information in, and when I hit enter it disappears and reappears with the name filled in but password missing. On the client itself reads the text, "Connection has been closed. Click here to reconnect."
I thought for hours yesterday that I was inputting the incorrect password, but that is not the case, as I can log in through the client without issue on my girlfriend's computer. When I try on my own, nothing is said about the password being wrong, and when I do log in through different means, it doesn't have the usual, "There have been 3 failed attempts to log in to your character," as you might imagine it would. So the login is not going through at all, and it's basically just refreshing each time.
I cleared my cache and my browser completely, and even downloaded a second web browser which I then updated with the highest level of Adobe Flash and Java, in case that was the issue. Neither browsers work. I also went into the different types of browsers offered by the website, including the HTML5 and Flash clients in-browser. Neither work.
Please, if you could assist me with this, I'd truly be grateful. So far, I have only received stock, automatic responses to my e-mails to Support. Thank you in advance.
Also hi Valo.
One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important
Just a couple of questions to help try and diagnose the problems:
Let me know, and I'll do my best to help you figure it out!
- What browser(s) are you using?
- Do these browsers have any form of addon that might be preventing the page from loading (NoScript etc.)?
- Are you using any form of proxy server (including things like TOR)?
- Can you log on from that computer with using straight telnet (or a client like mudlet)?
- Do you have a firewall on your computer that might be blocking traffic?
Alrighty Lord Tecton, here we go...
Thank you to everyone for your assistance. I'm willing to try anything! The Potato client is clunky and not nearly as streamlined, so I'd truly love to use the web client.
- I'm attempting to access through both Google Chrome and Firefox.
- There should be nothing stopping it - my Firefox is brand new with no addons as of yet, and my Chrome has only AdBlock.
- I don't know what a Proxy server is, but I'd be happy to check if you need me to.
- I can pull up Telnet and it brings me to the classic Achaea login, requesting my character's name. I can't, however, type anywhere in the box to input that name. I can access Achaea through a separate client that I downloaded yesterday, Potato MUSH/MUD client.
- I don't know how to check for firewalls on my computer, but I'd certainly love to, in case that is the issue! I have accessed a proper login through my girlfriend's computer, on the same internet, through the website client, so it seems to be isolated to my own system.
You'll see a white box appear at the bottom of your window (and everything else get squished), then try to log on as normal with your characters. If any text appears in the white box, feel free to post it up here, or email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we'll go from there!
Let me turn on some debugging and see if I can see if you make a connection to the server or not. If you could try again, I'll keep an eye out for your connection.
Oh, oh, make sure crowdmap is set to true in mconfig once you get the mapper installed(updated). You won't regret it.