Can't get website clients to work. Please help?

Hey guys! I'm really hoping someone will be able to assist me.

When I go to Achaea.com and click Play Now to bring the client up, it doesn't allow me to log in to any of my characters. The Sign In pops up, and I'll type my information in, and when I hit enter it disappears and reappears with the name filled in but password missing. On the client itself reads the text, "Connection has been closed. Click here to reconnect."

I thought for hours yesterday that I was inputting the incorrect password, but that is not the case, as I can log in through the client without issue on my girlfriend's computer. When I try on my own, nothing is said about the password being wrong, and when I do log in through different means, it doesn't have the usual, "There have been 3 failed attempts to log in to your character," as you might imagine it would. So the login is not going through at all, and it's basically just refreshing each time.

I cleared my cache and my browser completely, and even downloaded a second web browser which I then updated with the highest level of Adobe Flash and Java, in case that was the issue. Neither browsers work. I also went into the different types of browsers offered by the website, including the HTML5 and Flash clients in-browser. Neither work.

Please, if you could assist me with this, I'd truly be grateful. So far, I have only received stock, automatic responses to my e-mails to Support. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    What internet connection are you using? It  might have something to do with your network. Have you tried wired/different wireless networks and seeing if you get similar results?

Also hi Valo. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Hi Mishgul! I'm uncertain how to check what internet connection I'm using, but the network has always been fine with a multitude of other online games, including much more taxing things such as World of Warcraft, Wildstar, and others in the same vein. 
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Hi @Valo!

Just a couple of questions to help try and diagnose the problems:

• What browser(s) are you using?
    • Do these browsers have any form of addon that might be preventing the page from loading (NoScript etc.)?
    • Are you using any form of proxy server (including things like TOR)?
    • Can you log on from that computer with using straight telnet (or a client like mudlet)?
    • Do you have a firewall on your computer that might be blocking traffic?
    Let me know, and I'll do my best to help you figure it out!
  • Don't hit enter, click the sign in button instead.
  • Really quick, Riashain - apologies, I have attempted to both hit enter and the sign in button. Thank you for the suggestion!

Alrighty Lord Tecton, here we go...

• I'm attempting to access through both Google Chrome and Firefox.
    • There should be nothing stopping it - my Firefox is brand new with no addons as of yet, and my Chrome has only AdBlock.
    • I don't know what a Proxy server is, but I'd be happy to check if you need me to.
    • I can pull up Telnet and it brings me to the classic Achaea login, requesting my character's name. I can't, however, type anywhere in the box to input that name. I can access Achaea through a separate client that I downloaded yesterday, Potato MUSH/MUD client.
    • I don't know how to check for firewalls on my computer, but I'd certainly love to, in case that is the issue! I have accessed a proper login through my girlfriend's computer, on the same internet, through the website client, so it seems to be isolated to my own system.
    Thank you to everyone for your assistance. I'm willing to try anything! The Potato client is clunky and not nearly as streamlined, so I'd truly love to use the web client. 

Ok, on chrome, try loading the page (http://client.achaea.com), and before logging in, click on the little "hamburger" menu button (the three little bars on the far right), go to "More Tools", and click on "Javascript Console".

You'll see a white box appear at the bottom of your window (and everything else get squished), then try to log on as normal with your characters. If any text appears in the white box, feel free to post it up here, or email it to me (tecton@achaea.com), and we'll go from there!

• Hmm, I can't seem to find the "hamburger" menu button you speak of. Here is a screenshot of my page.
    Oh, the button is in your browser window (to the right of the address bar), not on the page.
  • Oh! Derp! Thanks, one moment... here's what appears.

Hrrm, so that all looks normal.

Let me turn on some debugging and see if I can see if you make a connection to the server or not. If you could try again, I'll keep an eye out for your connection.
  • Yessir. One moment, and I will try to connect three times in a row.

Done!
  • Okay all, Lord Tecton and I seem to currently be at a loss. If anyone else has any sort of ideas that I may try, I'd love to hear them! Thank you!
  • Did you try Mudlet?
  • Yes, I'm using Mudlet in the meantime, though I'd rather use the client on the actual website since it's tooled specifically for the game. Currently attempting to set up my triggers and aliases on Mudlet, though it's going rather slowly.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited March 2015
    Valo said:
    Yes, I'm using Mudlet in the meantime, though I'd rather use the client on the actual website since it's tooled specifically for the game. Currently attempting to set up my triggers and aliases on Mudlet, though it's going rather slowly.
    Download my affliction tracker.  While I don't think you are to the point you can utilize it,  it does come with some fairly simple triggers and aliases(including targetting).  Everything I have learned in mudlet,  I picked up from copying other people's code and altering it to suit my needs. I would also recommend Mosr's elist script,  phoenix gmcp tracking(forgotten author, sorry), and Iocun's tattoo script.  Akaya also has a very nice base gui that you can build up to look like anything you want.  When I get home,  if my recommendations were helpful,  I can suggest more. 

Oh, oh, make sure crowdmap is set to true in mconfig once you get the mapper installed(updated). You won't regret it.